Laminated Road Maps

eek

Anyone know where i can get hold of some completely laminated road maps? Seems everyone is only selling the ones that have a coating on them, but not fully laminated. Would like a proper laminated map which folds out, waterproof and one where you can mark in pen then rub it off later.

Dont want to put a map into a laminating place..looking for one thats pre-made and can be folded.

Thanks!!

The only ones I know of are the Golden Triangle Rider maps available from various places around town usually associated with motorobikes. They are laminated, waterproof and folding and will take a felt tip marker (like a CD marking pen) that can be erased (just tried it). The maps available are here:

http://www.gt-rider.com/ you will see that one of the pull down windows at the top refers to what you are interested in.

Thanks DeIIboy. I thought GT-Rider had stopped doing the fuIIy Iaminated ones aIso (which doesnt make sense!)...i must have heard wrong or been given wrong info. Appreciated!

What is the most local the maps go down to. I'm not talking about Chiang Mai. I've seen northern Thai maps but do they break these down into smaller maps showing more of the smaller roads?

The CM "Finder/Big Map" has more detail than any other, down to identifying individual buildings and businesses within the outer ring road. You just better have very good vision to read it! (Unfortunately, it's not laminated.)

What is the most local the maps go down to. I'm not talking about Chiang Mai. I've seen northern Thai maps but do they break these down into smaller maps showing more of the smaller roads?

Think Net http://www.thinknet.co.th/06/eng/product-driving.html have some reasonable maps including paper/CD/downloadable. GT Rider ones are also quite good but do not cover the whole of the north (the two I have are at a scale of 1:375000 and 1:360000). There are always the GPS maps of course which are very good.