Chiang Mai, Loi Kroh Road

Beetlejuice

yeah, i dont see anything wrong with an adult offering sexual services.

Absolutely not!

I've lost count of the times I've offered them to women for free, many times. biggrin.gif

From what i understand Ups, they don't like Big men ;):D

Life isn't always easy. sad.gif

If I am correct, this is a hotel in Bangkok near Sukumvit and Nana Plaza. It is (or used to be) quite cheap for that area, so could get away with the Brownshirt policies.

It's the Atlanta. At the high level I understand the policy, after all many guesthouses all over Thailand have the same general policy. However the Atlanta is known for taking it to less reasonable levels.

The place is popular with forum moderators though I hear. :)

Thai's will be Thai's. Class system and all. But we aren't Thai's, don't share their same ideas of being in a class. That is my point and why I don't expect farang to pigeonhole people based on class as you suggested. There are many decent people in all classes of life as there are the completely opposite. Bar girls seem to be a mute point, but there are reasons for that. They chose to go into that industry when there are other options. Waitresses, massage girls (those just doing their job) etc do it because it earns an income. Just like in any other country.

Think I should stop.

Farangs do have a class system. Whether its taking a poke at trailer trash in the US, or Brits taking a stab at gypsies.

Back in the US i wouldn't date someone in the ghetto and i wouldn't spill my heart over a topless dancer.

Thai's will be Thai's. Class system and all. But we aren't Thai's, don't share their same ideas of being in a class. That is my point and why I don't expect farang to pigeonhole people based on class as you suggested. There are many decent people in all classes of life as there are the completely opposite. Bar girls seem to be a mute point, but there are reasons for that. They chose to go into that industry when there are other options. Waitresses, massage girls (those just doing their job) etc do it because it earns an income. Just like in any other country.

Think I should stop.

Farangs do have a class system. Whether its taking a poke at trailer trash in the US, or Brits taking a stab at gypsies.

Back in the US i wouldn't date someone in the ghetto and i wouldn't spill my heart over a topless dancer.

You may have missed some of the finer people in life. I used to think the same about preachers daughter, then I dated one and tried to find others after such a unique experience.

Here's an inescapable fact:

Loi Kroh Road represents the unalterable Thai Recipe for all entertainment areas, and this formula is unlikely to ever change, no matter how many well-intentioned farangs express their opinions here.

I recall, decades ago, when the 'Authorities' vowed that Patong Beach 'would never be allowed to become another Pattaya' but ...... well, predictably and alas, The Recipe prevailed.

It will continue to do so.

Meanwhile, the best advice is to accept the status quo, and enjoy Thailand for the innumerable positives it provides, both for visitors and farang residents.

If and when the time ever comes for a Recipe change, it will be the Thais themselves who decide to effect it, no matter what is posted on this Forum.

Edited by jko

Think I should stop.

If you run a restaurant however then you will most likely serve them.

Think I should stop.

You may have missed some of the finer people in life. I used to think the same about preachers daughter, then I dated one and tried to find others after such a unique experience.

Thats the problem with 75% of the farangs in Thailand...They have missed out on some of the finer people in Thailand and choose to judge the country by what they see and do on Sukhumvit or Loy Kroh road, assuming everyone's a conman and every woman is out there for their personal enjoyment.

Think I should stop.

If you run a restaurant however then you will most likely serve them.

What are you babbling on about?..i didn't mention anything to do with a restaurant.

Post #303, above. (The rules of the Atlanta hotel and their restaurant.) They refuse service to Western men who are with a Thai woman. Isn't that what we're talking about?

EDIT: I see your reply was to an earlier post; in that case I can only agree with what you said, of course. Indeed I wouldn't seriously date someone from the ghetto. (Though some make excellent drinking buddies.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

• 2 months later...

your friend was a moron for paying the extra. he should of told her to foff. though I guess understandable if his first trip.

what I find hilarious is u want western style restaurants etc... theres enough of that crap as it is in cm. chiang mai is changing so fast ..its sad... fuc_king burger joints popping up everywhere and fancy western styled bars. that's what makes me sick. go home if u want that crap.

I haven't frequented Lk in a long while, but its nice to know its there. one little street in all of cm. next time take ur newbie buddy to nemenhymen.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.comoops. someone revived a 3 month old topic. oh well, it felt good to let all that out. haha.. I think ill go enjoy me a burrito. ;)

Edited by happysanook

I haven't frequented Lk in a long while, but its nice to know its there. one little street in all of cm. next time take ur newbie buddy to nemenhymen.

nemen.....'to take'

hymen..... 'membrane that surrounds or partially covers the external vaginal opening.

Hmm sounds like an interesting place to take your newbie buddy.

But back on topic- yes I agree with the OP.

Loi Kroh has become very seedy, and worse- boring.

It reminds me of some old-timey place on Avenida Revolucion in Tijuana, where a gentleman of a certain age dressed in guayabera, with a snappy-looking fedora plays a slow snare drum beat, while a dancer who is probably a grandma, does a slow strip tease. Like something from 1959. coffee1.gif

Star Six did a pathetic shower show that I saw a few times about 6 yrs ago. Big drum rolls, fanfare...much ado about nothing.

Some fried egg lady in a stall, soaping herself.

What a dump. Between the fetid stairwell entrance, the sullen lo-so clientele who glower at farang, and the not so attractive dancers....I can't believe they are still in business.

Same-same the adjacent pavilion that hosts the fake muay thai.

Although at one time it seemed to have some energy (when you are fresh off the plane)- now it just seems a dead end for people who have washed up on its lifeless shore from some other place.

Mostly tourists, and people who live to play pool and darts, while knocking a few back.

Of course there are good places on LK- Olde Bell, Number 1, Chez Marco, CM Saloon, etc. But none of them are girly bars, and none of the girly bars pass muster anymore, IMO.

I was around the LK area a few days ago and my opinion of it hasn’t changed.

There is no need for Chiang Mai to become another Pattaya, but a happy medium would be nice, just as it used to be in the past and all worked fine.

For those that prefer the quieter life, sitting in front of their computers, doing shopping trips and just admiring the view, that’s OK and may they rest in peace. But there are still some of us that are on the more lively side, retire to bed later than 9.00pm and enjoy a little of the social life, club, bar and girly scene on occasions. So what’s wrong with that?

These days social and adult entertainments have become extremely limited for the farang in Chiang Mai, everything points to the slum and grot area in and around the Loi Kroh Road.

The area looks a disgrace and I know for a fact that the police already have the area under scrutiny and even what’s left of the so called Chiang Mai nightlife may soon be closed down.

The area is in desperate need of an injection of some vibrant new life.

Just after I came to live in CM, 10 years ago, there was a 'Crack Down' on 'Seedy Matters'.

It was before the visit of Purachi, the Thai Rak Thai Minister and was said to have occurred when one of or the surviving Senior Lady/Ladies of the old CM Royal family went to pray at the Wat down Loy Kroi.She was said to be annoyed at what she saw.

Following day the law where round all the bars and the Girls where told to dress more 'Modestly' and control their Public actions.

Then Purachi had his visit and places like John's Place inside the moat ceased being 24 Hr operations.

Loy Kroi is downmarket and needs a sort out.

john

I remember Cowboy when it had only 8 bars, so yes I do have some knowledge on the above.

Of course there are good places on LK- Olde Bell, Number 1, Chez Marco, CM Saloon, etc. But none of them are girly bars, and none of the girly bars pass muster anymore, IMO.

no 1 is very much so a girlie bar,and a good one too.......

number one is a nice place just a tad 'keeniow' with the shots at 25 mls not the usual 33 mls. Personally I much preferred it several years ago.

I still like a walk down LK if I want a 'blow off the cob webs' I go to Pat or Angeles then can't wait to come back to boring but wonderful CM.