Thai-Cambodian Border Clash Flares Again

webfact

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note that most of TV posters are no longer concerned with what could be one of the most important conflicts in modern Thai history. It would seem that most members are more concerned as to whether some Thai birds are showing their tits as to whether Thai civilians are being killed.

Agreed only guessing but there may be a lot of T/V posters that feel they have been lied to, I admit that I had a feeling of betrayal when we found out the thai army knew in advance when the hostilities were to begin.

I think you will find that quite a few people are very interested in this conflict. There are now a number of threads running on the situation and they are attracting a fair amount of attention.

Many posters, myself included, very much appreciate the updates and posts made by people in the area.

I second that , Marvelous updating.

I think you will find that quite a few people are very interested in this conflict. There are now a number of threads running on the situation and they are attracting a fair amount of attention.

Many posters, myself included, very much appreciate the updates and posts made by people in the area.

I agree, I am in Sisaket and any information from people where this is happening is appreciated A LOT.

i have followed the threads here in the last couple of days and got more information than from anywhere else.

I agree.

Not to say that Thai birds showing their tits is not important, but I am back in the UK for a few weeks and TV postings are the best source of info for this current dispute.

5:58 - Although most of the activity is south of Prasat it sounds like there is some as far west as the Buriram border.

Yep, woke me up at around 5am, some very loud explosions around the Khokachai area from the sound of it, stopped now.

Coffee and calming down my doggies is now required.

Third day that I brought my family to a refugee area in Prakhon Chai. We have been warned yesterday that shelling will go on. This morning I wanted to go back to my village, but some relatives told me not to do so, not yet. It's tiring to be permanent on the run waiting for ceasefire...

fatfather

• 2 weeks later...

Note that most of TV posters are no longer concerned with what could be one of the most important conflicts in modern Thai history. It would seem that most members are more concerned as to whether some Thai birds are showing their tits as to whether Thai civilians are being killed.

What's wrong with the tits? Well, in my opinion there are too many posts just telling something only interesting for the editor. Since this shooting occurs again, i was very concerned about my family escaping from Bak Dai; first to Prasat and then to some relatives in Central Thailand. They wanted to return tonight so i will know some more facts tomorrow.

Here in Europe there were only a few sources of information like the BBC. But i've got some updates by my spoose so i knew they were out of range. I hope the ceasefire will hold on.

What's wrong with the tits? Well, in my opinion there are too many posts just telling something only interesting for the editor. Since this shooting occurs again, i was very concerned about my family escaping from Bak Dai; first to Prasat and then to some relatives in Central Thailand. They wanted to return tonight so i will know some more facts tomorrow.

Here in Europe there were only a few sources of information like the BBC. But i've got some updates by my spoose so i knew they were out of range. I hope the ceasefire will hold on.

Don't hold your breath. Chatting to some of the locals last night and they seemed pessimistic about the cease fire holding. One woman even mentioned she believed hostilities would re commence on the 17th, that's 6 days away. You have to remember that these people are on the ground and many have ties with persons over the border. In addition many of the local rangers and soldiers are locals, they keep their relatives informed by mobile phone and word of mouth as to what is going on. We can only hope their predictions are wrong.