MrsMills

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Met my (former) English wife in a bar

Met my (current) Thai wife in a bar

Everyone (white men) I know who met their Thai wife in Thailand, met them in a bar, nearly all lie about where they met, but the girls always discuss their bar backgrounds with each other and I understand what they say (but never let on). Those that didn't meet the Thai wife in a bar, met her before or after work in the bar.

You must hang out with a lot of low-class people.

Who else would come to Thailand?

Mind you, someone once said

"In a brothel you can meet men from many different walks of life, but you can only meet one sort of woman"

Edited by sarahsbloke

Met my first wife at Orchard Towers.

That lasted 6 years before it imploded.

My new girlfriend and I have been together a little over 3 years and we met at Seoul Garden restaurant.

which bar ? :ph34r:

Top Ten :ph34r:

Crazy Horse.

It took 6 years to work out why everyone always laughed. :whistling:

As to be expected on an internet forum, a very small percentage met the current wife in a bar, but they don't mind admitting the bar connection to an ex.

Personally, I don't believe it and would say a high percentage meet in the bar scene, this is from experience, not from wishful thinking or denial.

I was in a bar once talking to a Farang who spun me a fantastic story of how and where he met his wife, she came looking for him later that night and I recognized her as soon as she walked in the bar, I knew her from Soi 6 a couple of years previous, nice girl though and good luck to them, I just can't understand the denial.

After all, she also met her husband in Soi 6. rolleyes.gif

Agreed. I don't know anyone who met their wife in a bar or whose wife is a former prostitute.

How about still active ? smile.gif

have to agree there, these wife's are always on the ' job ' when hubby goes home to work :ph34r:

So few having met in the bar scene goes against the grain and the stats, admittedly I live in Pattaya, then again so do countless other Farangs, and I don't know about 99% meeting in the P4P scene, buts it's certainly a high number amongst the people I know, and that range is very broad, from very well off to comfortable.

Seems strange that a Forum would be so different to the norm.

I met my girlfriend of 7 years in QBar! But she's Japanese so not sure if I count in the statistics.

Yes you count, lots of Japanese in the P4P scene, go to Tokyo, it's more than Bangkok and much more expensive, hence too expensive for most mongers.

Edited by GM1955

Agreed. I don't know anyone who met their wife in a bar or whose wife is a former prostitute.

have to agree there, these wife's are always on the ' job ' when hubby goes home to work :ph34r:

Again, its not written in stone, I've been trying to nail the wife of a fellow O&G worker for 7 months, she won't have any of it, she says her Thai boyfriend will get jealous. smile.gif

I met my wife in a bar in Sydney, she was with friends having a good time and I thought to myself (while really drunk) "hmmmm, I have never been with an asian girl before" talked, exchanged numbers and left the pub......

The next day I didnt even remember what she looked like, I remember she was short and was Japanese. But found out she was actually Thai and all her friends where Japanese.

Actually come to think of it, I have meet all my girlfriends in the past in Sydney in pubs and nightclubs. Well apart for a few, but most of them.

To all you poor bastards who truly believe the only way to meet a lady here in Thailand is to pick one up from a gogo bar; seriously.... put down that cheap Chang beer, put on a shirt and decent pants and step out into that other world for a change. You know, that world where people have jobs in offices, teaching, running businesses, exercise in gyms, etc. Expand your horizon, hang out with different folk for a change.

To all you poor bastards who truly believe the only way to meet a lady here in Thailand is to pick one up from a gogo bar; seriously.... put down that cheap Chang beer, put on a shirt and decent pants and step out into that other world for a change. You know, that world where people have jobs in offices, teaching, running businesses, exercise in gyms, etc. Expand your horizon, hang out with different folk for a change.

+1,

Yep, some really strange posts here, but l guess from those who go for a particular type of bird (female) eh. :huh:

I met my girlfriend of 7 years in QBar! But she's Japanese so not sure if I count in the statistics.

Yes you count, lots of Japanese in the P4P scene, go to Tokyo, it's more than Bangkok and much more expensive, hence too expensive for most mongers.

lol we aint talking about Tokyo rofl, we are talking about Thailand. There are more prostitutes in the U.S than in Japan so what the frik is your point?! All men that met their white wives in bars in any country also are probably dating hookers? The stereotype is HERE, not in Japan and not in America.

Exactly.

Again, its not written in stone, I've been trying to nail the wife of a fellow O&G worker for 7 months, she won't have any of it, she says her Thai boyfriend will get jealous. smile.gif

I think you need to switch careers and start working in an office where your friends aren't away from their families for months at a time. While I appreciate many people here think Pattaya is a good example of farang life in Thailand, I can tell you that most people who work in an office, have a wife, children, and are paying a mortgage, did not meet their wives in bars, nor are they part of the P4P industry.

Oh, but I know. Myself and all my friends have clearly been deceived for the last decade by these dastardly clever Thai girls who are somehow secret sex workers and ex prostitutes despite the fact that work from 8 - 6 every day and spend 4 hours commuting on the bus. I guess I didn't realize that Thai girls don't need sleep. You should pipe up in some of the other threads where everyone is saying that is all these supposed ex prostitutes wives do.

I submit if you truly believe the stereotype that all Thais with farangs are bar girls you desperately need to broaden your horizons.

Edited by gregb

Exactly.

At last! Now you two can circle jerk!

Of all my friends I only know of 1 who met his wife in a bar. Therefore, I believe the correct number is about 6%.

Try talking to someone other than a retired curmudgeon on a bar stool.

Like none of us have jobs here. Please. Most people I know met their Thai wives through work.

You should get out a little more.....:rolleyes:

Exactly.

At last! Now you two can circle jerk!

Well, l wonder who the jerk really is here. Me personally have never been in a ''bar'', would never be involved with a hooker but have a Thai wife. WHY, cos after shit in farang land wanted something different. BUT no problem to me for any guy finding companionship where ever he wants. :)

you can take the girl out of the bar.but you cant take the bar out of the girl..

Met my soon to be thai wife who is a teacher in the city where i live .there is plenty of good thai woman out there

but you hang out in the bars then thats the sort of client el you will attract...

Well, l wonder who the jerk really is here. Me personally have never been in a ''bar'', would never be involved with a hooker but have a Thai wife. WHY, cos after shit in farang land wanted something different. BUT no problem to me for any guy finding companionship where ever he wants. :)

Agreed... to each his own and no big deal if a couple of w^ankers here want to moralize and generalize. The ones that have come on here and been up front and said "yes, she was a bar girl" get a free pass but the ones that claim otherwise are being called liars? <deleted>?

The OP doesn't want to know where some people prefer not to socialize or that they have never consorted with prostitutes.

So where did ya'll meet?

P., I met on the internet.

Nu., I met in a restaurant.

T., I met in a disco.

B., I met through Thai friends

No., I met in a disco.

M., I met in a disco.

Not a bar girl in sight, but plenty of visits to bars without the b/g scene. Next time I need a new woman I am off to another nightclub, seems to be plenty of women in them :ph34r: