Where Did You Meet Your Wife Or Gf

MrsMills

I had rather a heated argument with another Farang over a few beers who suggested that ALL Farangs met their wives or Gf's in Bars, no exceptions !

I would disagree with this and suggested that it's only 99%.

What say you good people ?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all my friends I only know of 1 who met his wife in a bar. Therefore, I believe the correct number is about 6%.

Try talking to someone other than a retired curmudgeon on a bar stool.

Like none of us have jobs here. Please. Most people I know met their Thai wives through work.

Isn't it Thaivisa knowledge that not one member here is married or with a bargirl ? , but they are all cashiers, farm helpers and CEO's of respectable Thai Companies.

I think you are VERY wrong - most are multi-lingual, from a wealthy Thai-Chinese family, educated overseas and with an MBA. :ph34r:

Met my (former) English wife in a bar

Met my (current) Thai wife in a bar

Everyone (white men) I know who met their Thai wife in Thailand, met them in a bar, nearly all lie about where they met, but the girls always discuss their bar backgrounds with each other and I understand what they say (but never let on). Those that didn't meet the Thai wife in a bar, met her before or after work in the bar.

So what, I'm over 50 and hardly a virgin either (about twice a week before Thailand).

I always expect a pretty girl to have been shagged every night from age 15 upwards (same for guys).

Ugly ones only got it once a week (a lot less for guys).

(That gives you 300-100 shaggings a year from age 15, so by age 30 ....... 3000-1000 times)

So if we relate my theory

to the UK where I was doing 50yos ...... 35 years of previous usage.

and to Thailand where I am doing 30yos ..... 15 years of previous usage.

Far less mileage on the newer models!

Does it matter if it was the same guy?

(Before the mods ban me, let me just state for the record, I don't know every white man in Thailand, so am not talking about every Thai woman or even every Thai woman married to a white guy)

Edited by sarahsbloke

I met my wife through her mother who ran my favorite resturant and dated a friend of mine. The mother had become a good friend and even after she split with my friend she would come to my house to swim in the pool and relax from her difficult job.

I didn't even know she had a daughter until the daughter showed up one Friday night and I struck up a conversation. Her mother well knew my reputation for being a butterfly and wouldn't let us out of her sight. My future wife worked at NS electronics as a production planner and spoke very good english because most of the work was in english. I liked talking to her, she has a dry wit and loves irony. I was attracted to her courisity about the world and her love of books. It was clear that she was a woman of integrity, ambitious and fun loving. We visited that whole weekend with her mother as chaperone. He mom advised her to not become involved with me because she was worried she would get hurt but of course she ignored that advice. We were like a couple of teenagers sneeking around behind moms back at first.

Five years now and wake up every morning grateful for this wonderful addiition to my life. She is still the woman I fell in love with. a bit more of a princes, but still hardworking, funny and now more educated (still at it) and a US citizen. Everyone who meets her likes and respects her

Edited by trisailer

I met my wife in Soi Cowboy. It was her first night (she's 21 so i believe her) there and she was only serving drinks - too scared to talk to anyone, but I convinced her to come back with me short time, I knew then that she loved me.

Now we live in Sisaket with her older brother who's 24 and her two younger sisters who are 2 and 3. We've been together for a year. I understand Thai culture, so know that my role is to support her and her family and accept that her family will always come first. Because I understand Thai culture, I'm fine that she doesn't sleep in the same bed as me, but sleeps with her older brother. Some foreigners just don't understand the Thai way, but I'm fine with it.

Actually, I met her at work.

Over the last 10+ years....

In restaurant / bar on Khao Sarn Rd

On the Internet (Yahoo groups I think)

In a restaurant / later bumped into same girl in a night club

Friend of a Friend (introduced to each other in a bar)

Friend of a Friend (introduced to each other in a bar)

Friend of a Friend (Introduced to each other in a bar)

So I'd agree - Mostly bars. However we're not talking about a gogo bar or bars frequented by hookers or occupational farang hunters !

Previous Gf at a bar ,

Current Girlfriend is a nurse, who I happened to meet after a dog decided he was going to charge across the road in the middle of the night and take out my front wheel. i lost that battle dog just kept running and still lives.whistling.gif

I met my wife in Soi Cowboy. It was her first night (she's 21 so i believe her) there and she was only serving drinks - too scared to talk to anyone, but I convinced her to come back with me short time, I knew then that she loved me.

Now we live in Sisaket with her older brother who's 24 and her two younger sisters who are 2 and 3. We've been together for a year. I understand Thai culture, so know that my role is to support her and her family and accept that her family will always come first. Because I understand Thai culture, I'm fine that she doesn't sleep in the same bed as me, but sleeps with her older brother. Some foreigners just don't understand the Thai way, but I'm fine with it.

:cheesy:

I bet you did....she had a position under you

Well the Formula 1 season was over, so looking for a new challenge, I entered in a professional ballroom dancing competition. Although never dancing before my natural grace got me to the finals where I met my wife.

Her perfect command of English and her porcelain skin where certainly attractive, but what brought us together was our love of ancient Egypt and mutual hatred of the Burmese.

Later she told me she pulled a stint at Tilac bar on Soi Cowboy, but it was undercover work for a NGO helping poor Issaner's.

I think that's what she meant by undercover work

:cheesy:

I bet you did....she had a position under you

You're right. I bought the bar on Soi Cowboy, only 25 million Baht! I bought it off her uncle. Unfortunately, being a foreigner, I couldn't arrange to get it all in my name, but seeing as I married into the family, Thai culture means whats in the family is shared, so my wife's suggestion we just leave it in her uncle's name works a treat.

Met my first wife at Orchard Towers.

That lasted 6 years before it imploded.

My new girlfriend and I have been together a little over 3 years and we met at Seoul Garden restaurant.

which bar ? :ph34r:

Don't worry Boater, it's all different now at the "four floors".

Or so I have been told.

PS. I did encounter one of my ex- girlfriends's there about 5 years after we had split up in the US. It was a whirlwind of rediscovery. Then we moved back to LOS and the moment was lost.

Of all my friends I only know of 1 who met his wife in a bar. Therefore, I believe the correct number is about 6%.

Try talking to someone other than a retired curmudgeon on a bar stool.

Like none of us have jobs here. Please. Most people I know met their Thai wives through work.

Agreed. I don't know anyone who met their wife in a bar or whose wife is a former prostitute.

Edited by elektrified

LoL, I met my first wife, (American) in a bar in the US.

Fortunetly I grew up a lil, and learned from that mistake. So when I came to Thailand and decided to get serious after years of playing around, I checked out some dating websites, and I met my current (Thai) wife online.

Met my (former) English wife in a bar

Met my (current) Thai wife in a bar

Everyone (white men) I know who met their Thai wife in Thailand, met them in a bar, nearly all lie about where they met, but the girls always discuss their bar backgrounds with each other and I understand what they say (but never let on). Those that didn't meet the Thai wife in a bar, met her before or after work in the bar.

You must hang out with a lot of low-class people.

Met my first wife at Orchard Towers.

That lasted 6 years before it imploded.

My new girlfriend and I have been together a little over 3 years and we met at Seoul Garden restaurant.

which bar ? :ph34r:

Top Ten :ph34r: