The Day Before Your Wedding?

Patsycat

Now we have come to the day that the whole world will watch the marriage of wills and kate.

I wonder how she feels? The day before the whole world watches her wedding.

Mine, I got drunk with my sister and sister in law on vodka martinis. My sister explained about the birds and the bees (I was 29).

(This is just for fun)

So, how about you?

Didn't have a wedding..... just got married at the district office. had a small ceremony for my family in the US a year or so later but that probably doesn't really count eh?

Of course it counts!!

At least you weren't trying on a tiara or whatever!!

As I have let know here, I married a vile, violent man (who I thought I could change).

Another thing I remember about the night before my wedding day (civil not Church) was the fact that my future husband locked me out of the house and my brother had to hoist me through an open window to get home!!!

Anyhoo, that was 16 years ago. We lasted 3 years.

My wedding is coming up soon...but we're just gonna sign the papers no ceremony!

Take the witnesses for a nice dinner, dress up the babe in a cute outfit and that will be it but now you mention it, might go out and have some vodkatini's the night before! bloody good excuse ;)

Well I feel for this kate, I mean she prob. knows sort of what she gets herself into...but what a price to pay a life in the spotlights for loving the guy you love...bless them!

Edited by Carry

We had 2 ceremonies - one in each country. The night before the Oz wedding was pretty sedate just beers with a few friends and family. But the night before our bai sri suu kwaan in the village was wild with a impromptu party at our hotel. Lots of wine and beer and getting our nails done at midnight, then 3 hours sleep before getting up to have our hair done in the middle of the night by a crazy katoey hairdresser. It was a huge amount of fun.

BTW I can highly recommend having 2 ceremonies...means you get to have two *newly married* wedding nights :)

me?? i had to deal with all the wedding things all alone till the last mins, as i refused the help from my family ( afaid it will be over control! as we only wanted a small wedding with 70 ppl ) . i was very stressful . planed and deal with wedding organizer ppl alone ,my hubby couldnt help coz he was still on the duty in Iraq and came back 3 days before married than he had stang do night and back 1 day before married. lol

i remember that time and im not gonna have anymore wedding... it is so pain in the *** lol :lol:

first wedding: hubby (now ex) still didnt have what to wear really, and also still went to work in the fields (cotton fields, in june, in israel, is irrigation season, tons of work). i had to go to a mikva (required by rabbinute in israel, u get a little voucher that they stamp at the mikva to give later after the wedding-- google mikva for details), with my mom and mom in law. spent the rest of the day in a tizzy, getting my first wax in stretegic areas (like he hadnt seen before hand), in which swore i would never ever do wax again, ever; and then had to find a veil. next day, we had the kibbutz wedding with a rabbi, and ex hubby didnt manage to break the glass at least three times. duh!. they gave him a duralex glass. so switched on thrid try to a litebulb! one time the non breakable glass flew out from under ex's sandaled feet and almost hit someone in the crowd waiting by the hupa (marriage canopy). i should have known already then that this was a sign............sigh//

second marriage, nite before i picked out which thai 'suit' i would wear, which makeup and which flowers i wanted. got woken up at 4 am to be shunted off to other town to get hair waxed in to some sort of bun, face made up thai style, and to be told that the suit i chose wasnt a good colour, so just let everthing flow as hubby's family (sisters and mom) wanted. no big parties as had 18 yr old farang daughter with us, and we were on guard to keep all the drunks away from her.

am contemplating a big whtie dress wedding in the future, cause i like having a reason to have a big party once a year.

bina

israel