In Phnom Penh Now

Hey Guys

I am booked to PP for a marriage visa and have a few questions

1.) What EXACTLY do I need to take for a NON O based on Marriage and can I get a Multiple O visa or will it be a single

2.) Any suggestions as to which hotel to stay preferably in the lively area close to everything ie food bars pool table

3.) Getting from the Airport to the area whats the best most inexpensive way ??

thank in advance

DK

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card/home register are they normally asked items. Should also have short note from her asking for visa to be issued. Copies should be signed by her and dated to show current. Do not believe they issue multi entry but you can ask - let us know if they do - currently only Savannakhet seems to provide without financial proof and KL will with 100k in bank proof. Some others will provide with the normal extension of stay requirement of 400k in bank account.

Just got my single-entry tourist visa from Phnom Penh. I used travel agent mentioned earlier this topic (Mr. Keo). Here is email I got from him earlier. Everything went just like he said, no complains!

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your email

Now thai embassy give only single entry

I need fly ticket from PP to Bkk or Bkk to somewhere else

If you drop your passport on Monday before 11:30 am , you will get your passport back on Tuesday around 19:00 pm

It costa 57$ . Express can not make

Best wishes,

Keo

Songkeo

I am LMN TRAVEL & TOURS , ST: Sisowath Quay , #211. tel: 0978838399,keo.

You have to give me before 12:00pm.

One photo,passport and copy of flight ticket

P.S. This office is located near river. Not in street #211!

I emailed and telephoned Mr Keo about 3 days ago to see if he could help me get a single entry visa. I've had 3 back to back doubles already but he said he would still be able to get me a single. He asked if I had any red stamps, which I don't. That seemed to be his only concern though.

He quoted me the same price, $57, and the same docs - passport, photo and confirmed flight out of Cambodia.

But he told me it would take 3 days, not 2, which I found surprising at the time, and even more so now having read this post. I suggested coming to him on a Wednesday, and he said ok, come before 1200 and the passport will be ready for collection about 1900 on the Friday.

Not sure if there were crossed wires but I'm still mulling over the idea. I don't fancy spending 3 + days in PP when there's no guarantee he can get me a single entry visa, what with my previous back to back doubles.

Just got my single-entry tourist visa from Phnom Penh. I used travel agent mentioned earlier this topic (Mr. Keo). Here is email I got from him earlier. Everything went just like he said, no complains!

Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your email

Now thai embassy give only single entry

I need fly ticket from PP to Bkk or Bkk to somewhere else

If you drop your passport on Monday before 11:30 am , you will get your passport back on Tuesday around 19:00 pm

It costa 57$ . Express can not make

Best wishes,

Keo

Songkeo

I am LMN TRAVEL & TOURS , ST: Sisowath Quay , #211. tel: 0978838399,keo.

You have to give me before 12:00pm.

One photo,passport and copy of flight ticket

P.S. This office is located near river. Not in street #211!

I emailed and telephoned Mr Keo about 3 days ago to see if he could help me get a single entry visa. I've had 3 back to back doubles already but he said he would still be able to get me a single. He asked if I had any red stamps, which I don't. That seemed to be his only concern though.

He quoted me the same price, $57, and the same docs - passport, photo and confirmed flight out of Cambodia.

But he told me it would take 3 days, not 2, which I found surprising at the time, and even more so now having read this post. I suggested coming to him on a Wednesday, and he said ok, come before 1200 and the passport will be ready for collection about 1900 on the Friday.

Not sure if there were crossed wires but I'm still mulling over the idea. I don't fancy spending 3 + days in PP when there's no guarantee he can get me a single entry visa, what with my previous back to back doubles.

There is never a guarantee to obtain visa even the Embassy's wherever make noticed that the fee is not payed back if no visa .... , that is one .

Secondly do not worry i just received a single entry after my former double entry from Phnom Penh in September , with only flight out of Cambodia (not out of Thailand , Mr Kea can do it .

There is less risk than go for a single or double in Laos .

About staying a little 3 days in PP is also no worry , 18 $ hotel breakfast included hotels easy to find , and found Cambodians very friendly people , town OK ,

And if planning ahead before a airasia flight round trip for 2540 bht is to arrange as i did latest

• 7 months later...

Just to add some further info. I was recently (October 1st) in Phnom Penh to get a single entry tourist visa. I was staying a week with a friend who runs several businesses there so was in no rush. I used a company called Oneworld Travel and Tours (they do all travel bookings for my friend's visiting DJ's etc). All I needed to provide was a photo. I gave that with my passport to them Monday night (7pm) and for US$49 got it back 7pm on Thursday night (so three day service). They can do faster two day service for US$57. They said they can get double entries but as I didn't want one I wasn't really interested. I think the cost was US$80 or something like that. May have to contact them for more precise details. The company is run by a friendly husband and wife who both speak English very well.

Details below if anyone is interested

Oneworld Travel and Tours

#19Eo, Street 110 (South of night market just back off the riverfront. The street has Riverhouse Asian Bistro and Lounge on the corner where it meets the riverfront road)

Tel: +855 23 224 117

Fax: +855 23 998 709

Mob: +855 12 52 62 80

Email: [email protected]

Seems like with the different pricing for different processing times and passport return at 7pm, someone is doing a nice little backdoor business out of the embassy!

Edited by juggernaut

Last year I stayed at queen boutique hotel, it was very nice, a LCD TV with more channels then you get on the gold package with true. the price is about $40 per night. location is good to. I am planing on going in Jan and I have booked the same hotel.

• 7 months later...

I have been going to cambodia for 4 years now.

I take the bus to aran marked \ poipet. Bus 213 bath. I get a cambodian visa true the office neer the border 1000 bath and the bus ticket to pp from the same office 450 baht. 8 hours to pp from poipet. The bus have about 6 stops on the way for people can eat or visit the toilet.

I pay 50 USD to an agent in pp and i will have my visa 3 days after in the evening and then Beck by night bus.

Hotel are awalible from 6 USD and up, with pool from 12 USD and up.

Cambodian are VERY friendly i never had any problems there, the only thing i dont like is you cant walk 5 meter without someone ask you to buy ja ba, heroin, kokain and so on, that i would like to be without, but after more than 20 trips there i just smile and walk on with out answering them.

Going to a bar where u buy a good draft beer for 50 cent or the best belgium beers for 3 to 5 USD is just perfect for me.

I take the bus to aran marked \ poipet. Bus 213 bath. I get a cambodian visa true the office neer the border 1000 bath and the bus ticket to pp from the same office 450 baht. 8 hours to pp from poipet. The bus have about 6 stops on the way for people can eat or visit the toilet.

I pay 50 USD to an agent in pp and i will have my visa 3 days after in the evening and then Beck by night bus.

Cambodian are VERY friendly i never had any problems there, the only thing i dont like is you cant walk 5 meter without someone ask you to buy ja ba, heroin, kokain and so on, that i would like to be without, but after more than 20 trips there i just smile and walk on with out answering them.

Going to a bar where u buy a good draft beer for 50 cent or the best belgium beers for 3 to 5 USD is just perfect for me.

i believe poipet you can use e-visa online 25$ and save a page in your pasport as no sticker needed just a in & out stamp , your visa send by email printed by yourself on A4 page
  • Like 1

when we talk about single or double entry tourist visas, how long is each good for? i need a visa, and i also need to go to phnom penh, just wondering if it is worth doing both at the same time.

ts

Edited by joeaverage

Who do you use in PP as your agent? If i leave Thailand Tuesday night, and i get a non-B by Friday evening?

I always get there on sunday, give my passport on monday morning (before 9.30) and get it back wedensday evening. I pay a little more to get it in 3 days then you do if you can wait 4 days !!

I have been doing this for 4 years. The agent i use is friends travel

Edited by skyflymedia