Be Carefule ! Samui Scam !

I've just almost been victim of a scam !!

A thai guy (I've never seen before) knocked my door and ask me to pay the rent of my house. I guess he was sent by my old owner to take the rent from me. But having no money with me at home, I've followed him to the ATM.

He offered me to go with him on his motorbike. I've refused and followed him instead with mine.

Then when I realized that the guy had like hundred tattoo & a very bad ass face I've told him I'll pay the owner cash in hand instead of giving him.

He insisted to have "at least" 1000thb to pay the electricity because "they were about to cut it off".. Too bad, I've paid it since few days.. So when I refused he just ran away on his motorbike & me on mine...

The craziest thing is today is the real day I suppose to pay my rent. How did he know???

I guess they are several people like that taking a chance at the end of the month to try to scam tourists in their rented house...

Nice try anyway but.. ไม่โง่นะ ! สมองก็มี..

Edited by metisdead
Removed bold font.

The craziest thing is today is the real day I suppose to pay my rent. How did he know???

because it is the end of the month, and most people pay there rent at the end or the beginning of the month

A thai guy (I've never seen before) knocked my door and ask me to pay the rent of my house. I guess he was sent by my old owner to take the rent from me. But having no money with me at home, I've followed him to the ATM.

oh my buddha, do you not have an arrangment with your landlord? , IE pay into there bank, or go to there house to pay? .. i cant believe you even went with him!

Edited by Rooo
Deleted quote & link (not operative)

No usually then owner come to pick up the rent, but as she's walking as fast as a turtle as she seems to be kind of sick, I assumed she sent a guy... And the guy came exactly the day I was expecting she to come pick up the rent which is the part that made me confused... Everything went fast I didn't take much time to think..

"on a related note at www.scamferang.com somchai posted....

' Cant believe i nearly got away with going to a random ferang house and asking for his rent !, silly ferang didnt have any moeny on him, but still came on my motorbike with me... ' didnt go to well, as i should have hidden my tattoo;s"

Is that a joke or smth? The website even doesn't exist...

Edited by jaroulz

No usually then owner come to pick up the rent, but as she's walking as fast as a turtle as she seems to be kind of sick, I assumed she sent a guy... And the guy came exactly the day I was expecting she to come pick up the rent which is the part that made me confused... Everything went fast I didn't take much time to think..

' Cant believe i nearly got away with going to a random ferang house and asking for his rent !, silly ferang didnt have any moeny on him, but still came on my motorbike with me... ' didnt go to well, as i should have hidden my tattoo;s"

Yes. it was a joke...and quite amusing at that.

"Then when I realized that the guy had like hundred tattoo & a very bad ass face I've told him I'll pay the owner cash in hand instead of giving him"

i know exactly how you feel. i've always been indifferent to the first 90 to 99 tattoos but once they've passed the 100 threshold i didn't even need the very bad ass face to initiate the flee instinct, i would have already relocated to the next zip code.

Hey - thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It is easy to get complacent after we have lived here for a while.

The girl from the Tessaban who collects the money for the rubbish collecting usuall come to my house on the 6th. This month three different ones came on the 2nd, the 4th and the 8th. I just showed the receipt from the first one! B)

You are obviously a person who's sense of humour has yet to develop . . . :cheesy:

R

So he came on the same day you were expecting the owner to come pick up the rent money from your house, yet you didn't have any money in the house? Hmmm, the story sounds a bit suspicious.

So he came on the same day you were expecting the owner to come pick up the rent money from your house, yet you didn't have any money in the house? Hmmm, the story sounds a bit suspicious.

I never answer the door on rent day. No worries! :)

I don't suppose that it occured to you to call your landlord to make sure he had sent this guy round before you leapt on your bike and followed this guy to the ATM ? :huh:

Only an idiot would hand over 10,000 baht to a complete stranger. :o

I don't suppose that it occured to you to call your landlord to make sure he had sent this guy round before you leapt on your bike and followed this guy to the ATM ? :huh:

This.

Additionally, just moments after you've mentioned that your poor landlord is not in the best of health and her treks to your place prove to be challenging and taxing on her body, you state you never answer the door on rent day. What a gentleman.

This.

Additionally, just moments after you've mentioned that your poor landlord is not in the best of health and her treks to your place prove to be challenging and taxing on her body, you state you never answer the door on rent day. What a gentleman.

Whoosh!

3756231-old-man-looking-far-away-in-the-light.jpg

:lol: