Testosterone Therapy In Los?

jaideeguy

I've just been googling on low testosterone levels in a man and it seems that I may fit the profile and this list of symptoms easily fit me......

1. Do you have a decrease in libido (sex drive)?

2. Do you have a lack of energy?

3. Do you have a decrease in strength and/or endurance?

4. Have you lost height?

5. Have you noticed a decreased "enjoyment of life"?

6. Are you sad and/or grumpy?

7. Are your erections less strong?

8. Have you noticed a deterioration in your ability to play sports?

9. Are you falling asleep after dinner?

10. Has there been a recent deterioration in your work performance?

If you answer yes to question one or seven, or at least three of the other questions you may have low testosterone levels.

Mood

Another common sign of low testosterone is a change in mood and behavior. You find it very easy to get angry at trivial incidents. Things you used to enjoy now seem like chores. Life no longer seems to be an endless stream of possibilities.

I won't reveal my exact symptoms for privacy reasons, but I do fit the profile.

Just wondering if the Thai medical system has the suggested meds in transdermal patches, Cream, sublingual or [as last choice] injectable.

I'm a male in my mid 60s and will do the proper procedure of getting a blood test for my testosterone levels for a man of my age and condition. I have read of some risks and will discuss with my dr.

Has anyone done this here in LOS and/or know the availability of testosterone Rx here??

long read on wikipedia on testosterone.....FYI

There is no problems at all to bo a blood test in Thailand. I am not sure what seekingfriends suggesting.

I would too recommend doing the blood test to find out your actual testosterone level before you go ahead with self doctoring. By the way, many of the same symptoms would fit the depression profile while the depression could also be the result of low testosterone.

To answer your question - yes awailable in the form of injections, not sure if other forms are awailable here. Everyone here says you can buy the injections legally over the counter, however I have my boubts on this.There is quite a few topics here on this forum about testosterone actually and if they were illegal, they wouldn't exist as discussion of illegal meds is against the forum rules... If you do the injections at the hospital, it would be 100% legal but a lot more expensive then if you do it yourself. By the way, when you do the blood work, ask the doctor to give you prescription for testosterone preparations, that way you are protected if the scambags known as Thai Police check you and find some of it in your posession.

Any decent doctor should be able to both do blood test to see your current levels and if necessary give you the injections. Cost depends on the doctor, the Swiss Dr Olivier in Pattaya does the test and the shots for about 500 baht each. If you require the shots they need to be administered once monthly.

Probably a dumb question but all the ads I see for testosterone are for the cream. Seems you could just put a bit on for a few days and see if you felt better. From what I have read the cream does not seem to have many side effects. Is the cream available at the drug stores in Thailand? How much? I am really an injection phobic person.

I just returned from the dr and got the blood test,but results won't be in until tomorrow. Inquired about available forms and as stated by others, it is only available in tablet and injectable form. And yes, you can buy it OTC here legally.

I am hoping that the results do reveal low Tes, as for this last year, I have really been feeling run down and a lot of the above symptoms and would be good to know why at least.

managing insulin levels are really helpful for all the hormones.

If insulin resistance get's tweaked then all the other important hormones like leptin, Testosterone, and cholesterol get out of whack.

Increasing intense exercise, intermittent fasting, decreasing sugars and timing good nutrition around workouts can really help. Also decreasing sources of estrogen like excess body fat, unfermented soy, alcohol are important factors also.

Let us know what your test shows.

Taking Testosterone is a bit of a band aid but helps a lot of people.

I just returned from the dr and got the blood test,but results won't be in until tomorrow. Inquired about available forms and as stated by others, it is only available in tablet and injectable form. And yes, you can buy it OTC here legally.

I am hoping that the results do reveal low Tes, as for this last year, I have really been feeling run down and a lot of the above symptoms and would be good to know why at least.

It will be interesting to see if you get the shots how long it takes to see a difference and what it is. Also I wonder if there is a personality change.

A friend at work started taking the cream in the form of stick on pads. They were called Tersogel and he got them via prescription. He has been using them for at least year now and applies the pads every day as far as I know. He said that once you start though you can not stop, although that seems a little strange to me. He is around 56 years old. He claims the improvement is significant.

It will be interesting to see if you get the shots how long it takes to see a difference and what it is. Also I wonder if there is a personality change.

Testosterone will start releasing from the depot site (injection site) within minutes. However you will not feel anything right away. It's nothing like when you light up a cigarette, you get that light head feeling... not comparable to alcohol or any other recreational drugs I am sure... I never tried anything other than smokes or booze by the way.

Even though it will start working almost immediately, you may not feel any difference for days and then you may look back and notice that you didn't feel depressed, your mood was better, you wasn't as tired as you used to by the end of the day, or you may catch yourself that you are checking out the pretty gals again. Probably the only immediate change that you may notice is better strenght and stamina.

I doubt you will become a different person although you may become short tempered and react differently in some situations.

A friend at work started taking the cream in the form of stick on pads. They were called Tersogel and he got them via prescription. He has been using them for at least year now and applies the pads every day as far as I know. He said that once you start though you can not stop, although that seems a little strange to me. He is around 56 years old. He claims the improvement is significant.

Yes you can stop... but if you do, all the symptoms of a low testosterone level will come back... and they will be a lot worse than before. However it will be a temporary condition and after a little while the symptoms will improve returning to the pre-testosterone treatment levels.

Explanation for this is, when you take exogenous testosterone in any form, your body will shut down the indigenous testosterone production. If you stop taking it, it will take some time for the body to resume the own testosterone production so for a little while, you will be without any testosterone in your blood. But like I said, it just a temporary state.

Also decreasing sources of estrogen like excess body fat, unfermented soy, alcohol are important factors also.

Those are not the estrogen sources.

you might want to do some more research

excess body fat increases Aromatization of testosterone into estrogen

Alcohol is a xenoestrogen

Unfermented soy is a well documented phytoestrogen

Male Hormone restoration

Body fat aromatization estrogen search

Alcohol xenoestrogen search

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

you might want to do some more research

excess body fat increases Aromatization of testosterone into estrogen

Alcohol is a xenoestrogen

Unfermented soy is a well documented phytoestrogen

Male Hormone restoration

Body fat aromatization estrogen search

Alcohol xenoestrogen search

The source of estrogen is a testosterone.

Alcohol could have some estrogenic properties. If you are a casual drinker, I would not worry about it. If you drink it by the gallon every day, your testosterone level is not the first thing you should worry about.

Estrogen is the reason females got higher bodyfat percentage comparing to males, so yes, estrogen will increase the body fat. I have never heard it works other way around - body fat increasing the estrogen level through increase in aromatize activity. I must be a joke. The link that you provided (Male Hormone Restoration), just shows quotes from some study and is inconclusive. Unless I read the complete research with all the data showing that they actually measured the levels of aromatize when the body fat increased, I would ignore it and can argue with what they say:

In addition, increased belly fat mass has been correlated with increased aromatase levels (Kalyani and Dobs 2007).

All the guys have different sensitivity (different aromatize livels if you wish) to the testosterone, so the quote above I would read as someone if fat because they have a high aromatize levels, and not as someone has high aromatize levels because they are fat. However being fat has more to do with someone lifestyle, not their hormone levels.

Like I said Shrup

Do some more research.. Plenty of info out there on excess fat causing increased estrogen levels.

Obesity and Estrogen

"Adipose and Estrogen

Adipose tissue is the technical term for fat deposits, which contains a substance called aromatase. Aromatase prompts the conversion of steroids to estrogen, according to the article in "Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology." It is also found in skin cells, and the article states that "aromatase expression in adipose tissue and possibly the skin primarily accounts for the extraglandular (peripheral) formation of estrogen and increases as a function of body weight and advancing age." Thus, increases in body fat can increase levels of estrogen."

The reason this is relevant to Testosterone levels is that total Testosterone is not nearly as important as free testosterone because that is the testosterone that is available circulating in the blood.

Higher levels of Estrogen and body fat reduce the level of available or free testosterone due to aromatization.

The Free Testosterone test is unfortunately quite a bit more expensive than the total Testosterone test. About 4000 baht versus 400 to 500 baht.

Those prices are from MTLab catalogue in Chiang Mai.

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Results in on Testosterone test and it seems that I do not have low T......in fact, my level read 10+ and normal range for a male of my age is 2 to 8. I was so hoping for a low level that could be replaced with therapy [im injections].

It's also bad news in that my [so far asymptomatic] Hepatitus C may be rearing it's ugly head. That's a whole other issue that I won't get into on this thread, but in another one later. I'm still absorbing this latest info.

FYI....the cost of the test and consult was 1,200thb and not sure if it was the Free Testosterone or the simpler cheaper one @ Ram2 CM.

Thanks for your input on testosterone

A lot of loose info here. If you apply the cream, as I do, it can take up to 3 or 4 months to get the full affect, as per my druggist who prepared the cream. This was in the US.

Excess fat is a producer of estrogen. Also certain plastics, various poisons to control insects are estrogen based. These all can cause higher levels of estrogen.

Jaideeguy you had your T checked but did you have your estrogen levels checked you may be converting a lot of your T to estrogen thus not recieving the full benefit of your high T levels. You speak of your test but did you have a sex hormone binding gobulin test, a free T test and a total T test.. You may also be converting a lot of T to DHT as well. Its not just about T that we have to be concerned about. The receptor sites for T can also be occupied by DHT thus blocking the benefit of T and causing the enlargement of the prostate gland.

Zinc can help to block the aromatize conversion of T into estrogen. Up to 90 ml of zinc is safe. You may also want to read The Male Hormone Modulating Therapy article at LEF.org.

Good luck on your health but do your own reserch there is a lot of good info out there. Start with LEF.org they have been doing reserch on hormone needs in men and woman for years.

If someone is following a Hormone Replacement Thearpy Program they should be taking zinc to block aromatization and saw palmento to block the DHT from the receptor sites in the prostate.

Edited by moe666

Be careful with doctoring yourself in regards to testosterone replacement therapy. My recommendation is to go to the hospital and consult with a doctor. At the least get a PSA test first as a reference if you decide on being a loose cannon and pursue this on your own. The Prostate is a small walnut shaped gland below the bladder and it is not a matter of, of you will have problems as a man with this gland but it is a matter of when you will have problems.

There are testosterone capsule OTC and your local pharmacy that cost around 300-360 baht for a month supply. It is in a brown and tan box called "HOM." Again I don't recommend you doing this on your own without seeing a doctor or at the least getting a PSA blood test first. The reason being is that Prostate Cancer feeds on testosterone or if not the cancer uncontrolled testosterone replacement therapy can lead to BPH, which is an enlargement of the prostate which is painful and very discomforting. Here is a link to followup on: http://www.medicinen...tis/article.htm

The reason I know so much about this topic is that I am a recovered Prostate Cancer survivor who experienced all the symptoms you listed above and I was the loose cannon who decided on my own to take the (HOM) testosterone replacement therapy on my own. I had been taking the capsules for a year and one day came down with, chronic prostatitis without infection known as, chronic pelvic pain syndrome. I tell you my friend I wasn't a happy camper for months. I couldn't urinate so the pressure on my bladder caused me to breakout in cold sweats until I had to self cathaterize myself to get relief. My prostate had enlarged restricting the flow, so I was on bed rest for a few months drinking herbal teas and a healthy diet light to reduce any addition pressure in that region (between the legs).

You don't have to take my advise, but I tell my friend use some wisdom and tread carefully down this road. Just a suggestion and I wish you well.

good info from Al Sears MD:

A New Look at What Men Really Need

I’m not going to feel apologetic for being a man in our modern politically correct culture. Just because I’m a man doesn’t mean I’ve caused all the world wars, and testosterone is not the cause of every evil.

You’re even made to feel responsible for the criminal that rapes someone because they tell you he did it because of testosterone – that it’s a man issue, not a criminal issue.

But don’t let those PC bureaucrats talk you out of being a man.

Don’t let them convince you that there’s something wrong with having testosterone pumping through your veins.

You need testosterone to be healthy. It’s more than just about your strength and performance.

You already know that testosterone helps keep your bones strong, gives you lean body mass – that male “V” shape – increases your energy, improves athletic performance, gives you your ability to attract women and to stay in control.

But it does even more than that. It’s not just what makes a man a man. Without it, not only are you not as manly, but you die early.

Recently six different studies, done in different parts of the world on different groups of men, all found the same thing:

The more testosterone you have, the less chance there is you will die of any cause.

In a study completed a few months ago, researchers followed almost a thousand men with heart disease for seven years. They found that those with low testosterone were more than twice as likely to die as men with higher testosterone levels.1

A 2009 study looked at men with diabetes for more than three years, and found that those with the lowest testosterone levels were also more than twice as likely to die… not from diabetes, but for any reason.2

Another study done in Europe followed 11,606 men for nearly 10 years. They found that low testosterone meant there was a 41 percent greater chance of dying from any cause.3

The University of California looked at 794 men over an average of 12 years. They found the men with low testosterone were 40 percent more likely to die than those with higher levels.4

A study of older men in Seattle and published by the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that those with low testosterone were 28 times likelier to die.5

And in a study on military veterans, researchers looked at 300 men over five years. Low testosterone upped the risk of death by 88 percent.6

It doesn’t matter how old you are, your body fat, cholesterol, blood pressure, or what your blood sugar measurements are… none of those changed the results. In all the studies, testosterone was the biggest indicator of longer lifespan. Take a look at the chart below. For men with the lowest levels of testosterone, the survival rate drops off the table.

Today I’m going to show you how to give you what you really need to survive and stay a man by bringing your testosterone to where it should be.

But first, let me tell you how today’s world is attacking you, and trying to take away your manhood…

Warning: Modern Food Will Make You ‘Doughy”

Your ancient male ancestors were strong and proud. They were hunters, fisherman, builders and warriors.

Back then, you would have hunted and fought the way you were designed to. Your body would be lean and powerful, with the capacity to handle the sudden onset of acute stress.

And you would keep your body strong and active by eating the foods you were designed to eat. That means a high-protein, low-carb diet of red meat, wild fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables and nuts.

This would also keep your hormones balanced so you would be energized and virile.

These male attributes – speed, power and virility – are all evolutionarily-designed responses to make you more survivable as a man. And nature gives you these traits through the male hormone testosterone.

But the physiology you have today came from a different world. In just the last few decades, the world has changed so fast that our evolutionary responses haven’t been able to keep up. Now the world we live in and our physiological reactions are mismatched.

One of the things that’s happened is that we’ve gotten away from a protein-based diet that boosts testosterone.

On top of that, instead of protein, you’re fed processed grains and fake foods like soy and flax that your body isn’t designed to eat.

And the packages this new food comes in, along with dozens of other products like shampoos and lotions, are loaded with chemicals that leak out into your body. Even your car that you sit in for hours every day has them.

These chemicals, and foods like soy, all have ingredients with one thing in common… they resemble estrogen.

Researchers have been slow to come around to the idea that these “estrogen-mimics” are having an effect on us humans. But I can tell you from 20 years of medical experience, excess amounts of estrogen in our environment are causing disastrous changes for both men and women. I see it in my patients almost every day.

In men, it causes the onset of feminine features. Once muscular “pecs” (chest muscles) turn into soft breasts. A “spare tire” forms around your middle and your risk of prostate cancer goes through the roof.

It affects your energy, too, making you feel slow and tired.

That’s because excess estrogen can lower a man’s reserve of testosterone – the hormone that makes a man feel like a man. It also causes an extra layer of fat under your skin. This subcutaneous fat hides muscle definition and makes your body appear “doughy.”

Politically correct medicine has named this testosterone imbalance “Andropause,” which literally means the end of being a man. Without enough testosterone, you can’t build muscle mass, create red blood cells, strengthen your bones or function sexually.

Don’t Let It Drop Off The Table

In addition to estrogen mimics suppressing testosterone, your natural testosterone level drops all by itself by 1-3 percent every year after the age of 20. By the time you’re 80, you’ll have lost between 50-80 percent of your testosterone.

Source: New Age Health Solutions For Men (www.newagehealthsolutions.com)

The sad thing is, most people who have their testosterone measured by a doctor are told they’re “in the normal range.” Modern labs claim that’s anywhere from 241-827 ng/dl.

The problem is, the reference levels are too low. These ranges aren’t set for men interested in having a virile, energetic quality of life. Those levels are set by looking at the middle 95 percent of the population who are all deficient as it is!

And according to one study, a majority of men have circulating testosterone levels 5–20 percent farther below those already-too-low reference levels.7

A testosterone level of 241 is not normal. I like to keep my male patients up near 800.

Let me show you how I do it.

Set Your Testosterone Free

Ninety-eight percent of your testosterone is bound to a protein called SHGB. That means only 2 percent of your testosterone is free to circulate around your body.

This free testosterone then joins with cells called androgen receptors and improves your desire, function, bone density, muscle mass and strength, adipose (fat) tissue distribution, mood, energy and psychological well-being.

But the estrogen-mimics in the environment cause you to increase the production of SHBG. This binds up some of that small amount of free testosterone and makes it inactive and unable to bind with the androgen receptors that are supposed to receive it.

And lower amounts of free testosterone can lead to:

Chronic fatigue

Lack of motivation or desire

Poor memory and concentration

Depression

Increase in fat

Loss of desire

The good news is, you’re not helpless against the modern world. You can avoid Andropause and keep your “manpower” if you focus on a few ways to increase your free testosterone.

Here are the 9 steps I use to naturally boost my patients’ “vitamin T”:

Step 1) Eat Red Meat. Politically correct culture tells you red meat is bad, don’t eat it, it will kill you. It’s more likely that not eating it will kill you due to low testosterone. A study of vegans vs. omnivores measured each group’s testosterone and SHBG. The vegans had 23 percent higher SHBG, and 3 percent lower free testosterone.8 Red meat has saturated fat, which has a known correlation with higher testosterone, and zinc, which helps you produce testosterone.

The other advantage of eating red meat is B vitamins. Besides helping your body to make testosterone, B-complex vitamins help you absorb zinc. B vitamins are water soluble, which means you’ll find them in the meat of animal protein, instead of the fatty part. Some B vitamins are found in fruits and vegetables, but your best source is red meat. And for B12, red meat is your ONLY source. I recommend at least 40 mg of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6. You need 800 mcg of folic acid, and 100 mcg of B12.

Step 2) Eat Some Garlic. In animal studies, garlic increased both testosterone levels, and increased hormonal production of testosterone. Garlic’s secret ingredient for boosting testosterone is called allicin. It breaks down quickly, so it’s tough to get a good amount from a supplement.

My favorite way to get garlic is to brew a bedtime elixir of four mashed garlic cloves steeped in eight ounces of hot water and flavored with the juice of a lemon.9 To ward off garlic’s tendency to make your breath smell “garlicky,” eat some neutralizing fennel seeds, like those served at Indian restaurants.

Step 3) Get More Zinc. This trace element is one of the most important nutrients for men. Not only does it ensure optimum prostate health, it also helps you stay virile and active well into your advanced years. That’s because zinc play a role in the production of testosterone. Also, a large amount of zinc is concentrated in a pituitary gland in your brain and the pituitary gland plays a major role in your libido.

In a well-known study published in the journal The Lancet, researchers divided men into two groups. Half got a placebo, half got zinc. The researchers wrote: “Zinc strikingly improved potency in all patients and raised the testosterone to normal… Placebo did not improve sexual function in any patient.”10

My favorite way to get my zinc is by eating animal meats like pork, beef, liver and lamb. Oysters, watermelon and pumpkin seeds have a lot of zinc, too. I recommend you get 30 mg per day.

Step 4) Use The Herb Nettle. Nettle is well known for blocking the enzyme aromatase which your body uses to synthesize estrogen.

But to me, the exciting thing about nettle is that it has its own compound (with the tongue-twisting name 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran) that can bind with SHBG. That means more of your free testosterone can flow through your blood, doing its good work.11 A dose of 140 mg per day of nettle will give you the effect you need.

Step 5) Take tribulus terrestris and fenugreek, which have steroidal saponins. These increase testosterone. In a study on primates, researchers gave the animals tribulus and increased their testosterone by 51 percent!12 You can take up to 500 mg of each.

Step 6) Get some muira puama. It’s an herb extracted from a plant from South America that’s almost unknown to Americans. But in the Amazon jungle it’s used to boost libido. And several studies have shown it counters the effects of low testosterone. “Asthenia” is characterized by fatigue, loss of strength, or debility, all symptoms of a testosterone deficiency. In a study on asthenia, muira puama was effective for 100 percent of those taking it.13 I give my patients 350 mg per day.

Step 7) Break Down Excess Estrogen. Diindolylmethane (DIM) is what’s called an indole. Those are the plant nutrients you get from eating cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and mustard greens. DIM is an indole that helps your body break down estrogen, improving your testosterone/estrogen ratio. And when you improve this ratio, you get the feeling of a testosterone boost. If you want to supplement, 100 mg a day is my recommendation.

Step Help Your Body Regulate Testosterone. Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) is an amino acid that helps your brain and nervous system regulate your hormone levels, including testosterone. Almonds, bananas, walnuts, citrus fruit, spinach and broccoli are all GABA-friendly foods. If you would like to supplement, you don’t need much… 10 mg per day.

Step 9) Exercise With Intensity. You might be surprised to know that exercise boosts testosterone, no matter what your age. In a study completed a few months ago, researchers looked at both younger and older men who did 21 weeks of heavy resistance training. They measured significant increases in lean body mass and testosterone levels.14

Try doing resistance training three to four days a week. All it takes is 10-20 minutes of your time, and it can be applied to my PACE program. Good old-fashioned exercises like the ones you used to do back in gym class are the best kind. Try mixing it up with different exercise – lunges, squats, squat thrusts, pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and crunches.

[1] Malkin, Chris J., Pugh, Peter J., Morris, Paul D., et al, “Low serum testosterone and increased mortality in men with coronary heart disease,” Heart 2010;96:1821-1825

[2] Carrero, Juan Jesús, et al, “Low Serum Testosterone Increases Mortality Risk among Male Dialysis Patients,” JASN March 2009; 20(3): 613-620

[3] Khaw, Kay-Tee, MBBChir, FRCP et al, “Endogenous Testosterone and Mortality Due to All Causes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer in Men,” Circulation 2007;116:2694-2701

[4] Laughlin, Gail A., Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth, Bergstrom, Jacklyn, “Low Serum Testosterone and Mortality in Older Men,” The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2008;93(1):68-75

[5] Shores, MM, Moceri, VM, Gruenewald, DA, et al, “Low testosterone is associated with decreased function and increased mortality risk,” J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. Dec. 2004;52(12):2077-81

[6] Shores, Molly M., MD; Matsumoto, Alvin M., MD; Sloan, Kevin L. MD; et al, “Low Serum Testosterone and Mortality in Male Veterans,” Arch. Intern. Med. 2006;166:1660-1665

[7] Gooren, Louis J., “Androgens and male aging: current evidence of safety and efficacy,” Asian Journal of Andrology 2010;12:136–151

[8] Key, TJ, Roe, L, Thorogood, M, et al, “Testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, calculated free testosterone, and oestradiol in male vegans and omnivores,” Br. J. Nutr. July 1990;64(1):111-9

[9] Jacobs, Brad, MD, MPH, Washington DC, quoted in “8 Essential Flu Fighters,” Natural Health Solutions Jan. 1, 2008

[10] Antoniou, Lucy D., Sudhakar, Telechery, Shalhoub Robert, Smith, CJ, “Reversal of Uraemic… by Zinc,” The Lancet October 1977; 310(8044): 895-898

[11] Schöttner, M, Gansser, D, Spiteller, G., “Interaction of lignans with human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG),” Z Naturforsch C. Nov.-Dec. 1997;52(11-12):834-43

[12] Gauthaman, K., Ganesan, A.P., “The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris…” Phytomedicine Jan. 2008;15(1-2):44-54

[13] Waynberg, J. “Male Sexual Asthenia – Interest in a Traditional Plant-Derived Medication,” Ethnopharmacology Mar. 1995

[14] Ahtiainen, J.P., Hulmi, J.J., Kraemer, W.J., et al, “Heavy resistance exercise training and skeletal muscle androgen receptor expression in younger and older men,” Steroids Jan. 2011;76(1-2):183-92

DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-NEWSLETTER ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT MAY NOT BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE, AND WE DO NOT INTEND FOR THIS INFORMATION TO BE USED TO DIAGNOSE OR PRESCRIBE FORMS OF TREATMENT.

good info from Al Sears MD:

A New Look at What Men Really Need

I'm not going to feel apologetic for being a man in our modern politically correct culture. Just because I'm a man doesn't mean I've caused all the world wars, and testosterone is not the cause of every evil.

You're even made to feel responsible for the criminal that rapes someone because they tell you he did it because of testosterone – that it's a man issue, not a criminal issue.

But don't let those PC bureaucrats talk you out of being a man.

Don't let them convince you that there's something wrong with having testosterone pumping through your veins.

You need testosterone to be healthy. It's more than just about your strength and performance.

You already know that testosterone helps keep your bones strong, gives you lean body mass – that male "V" shape – increases your energy, improves athletic performance, gives you your ability to attract women and to stay in control.

But it does even more than that. It's not just what makes a man a man. Without it, not only are you not as manly, but you die early.

Recently six different studies, done in different parts of the world on different groups of men, all found the same thing:

The more testosterone you have, the less chance there is you will die of any cause.

In a study completed a few months ago, researchers followed almost a thousand men with heart disease for seven years. They found that those with low testosterone were more than twice as likely to die as men with higher testosterone levels.1

A 2009 study looked at men with diabetes for more than three years, and found that those with the lowest testosterone levels were also more than twice as likely to die… not from diabetes, but for any reason.2

Another study done in Europe followed 11,606 men for nearly 10 years. They found that low testosterone meant there was a 41 percent greater chance of dying from any cause.3

The University of California looked at 794 men over an average of 12 years. They found the men with low testosterone were 40 percent more likely to die than those with higher levels.4

A study of older men in Seattle and published by the Journal of the American Geriatrics Society found that those with low testosterone were 28 times likelier to die.5

And in a study on military veterans, researchers looked at 300 men over five years. Low testosterone upped the risk of death by 88 percent.6

It doesn't matter how old you are, your body fat, cholesterol, blood pressure, or what your blood sugar measurements are… none of those changed the results. In all the studies, testosterone was the biggest indicator of longer lifespan. Take a look at the chart below. For men with the lowest levels of testosterone, the survival rate drops off the table.

Today I'm going to show you how to give you what you really need to survive and stay a man by bringing your testosterone to where it should be.

But first, let me tell you how today's world is attacking you, and trying to take away your manhood…

Warning: Modern Food Will Make You 'Doughy"

Your ancient male ancestors were strong and proud. They were hunters, fisherman, builders and warriors.

Back then, you would have hunted and fought the way you were designed to. Your body would be lean and powerful, with the capacity to handle the sudden onset of acute stress.

And you would keep your body strong and active by eating the foods you were designed to eat. That means a high-protein, low-carb diet of red meat, wild fish, eggs, fruits, vegetables and nuts.

This would also keep your hormones balanced so you would be energized and virile.

These male attributes – speed, power and virility – are all evolutionarily-designed responses to make you more survivable as a man. And nature gives you these traits through the male hormone testosterone.

But the physiology you have today came from a different world. In just the last few decades, the world has changed so fast that our evolutionary responses haven't been able to keep up. Now the world we live in and our physiological reactions are mismatched.

One of the things that's happened is that we've gotten away from a protein-based diet that boosts testosterone.

On top of that, instead of protein, you're fed processed grains and fake foods like soy and flax that your body isn't designed to eat.

And the packages this new food comes in, along with dozens of other products like shampoos and lotions, are loaded with chemicals that leak out into your body. Even your car that you sit in for hours every day has them.

These chemicals, and foods like soy, all have ingredients with one thing in common… they resemble estrogen.

Researchers have been slow to come around to the idea that these "estrogen-mimics" are having an effect on us humans. But I can tell you from 20 years of medical experience, excess amounts of estrogen in our environment are causing disastrous changes for both men and women. I see it in my patients almost every day.

In men, it causes the onset of feminine features. Once muscular "pecs" (chest muscles) turn into soft breasts. A "spare tire" forms around your middle and your risk of prostate cancer goes through the roof.

It affects your energy, too, making you feel slow and tired.

That's because excess estrogen can lower a man's reserve of testosterone – the hormone that makes a man feel like a man. It also causes an extra layer of fat under your skin. This subcutaneous fat hides muscle definition and makes your body appear "doughy."

Politically correct medicine has named this testosterone imbalance "Andropause," which literally means the end of being a man. Without enough testosterone, you can't build muscle mass, create red blood cells, strengthen your bones or function sexually.

Don't Let It Drop Off The Table

In addition to estrogen mimics suppressing testosterone, your natural testosterone level drops all by itself by 1-3 percent every year after the age of 20. By the time you're 80, you'll have lost between 50-80 percent of your testosterone.

Source: New Age Health Solutions For Men (www.newagehealthsolutions.com)

The sad thing is, most people who have their testosterone measured by a doctor are told they're "in the normal range." Modern labs claim that's anywhere from 241-827 ng/dl.

The problem is, the reference levels are too low. These ranges aren't set for men interested in having a virile, energetic quality of life. Those levels are set by looking at the middle 95 percent of the population who are all deficient as it is!

And according to one study, a majority of men have circulating testosterone levels 5–20 percent farther below those already-too-low reference levels.7

A testosterone level of 241 is not normal. I like to keep my male patients up near 800.

Let me show you how I do it.

Set Your Testosterone Free

Ninety-eight percent of your testosterone is bound to a protein called SHGB. That means only 2 percent of your testosterone is free to circulate around your body.

This free testosterone then joins with cells called androgen receptors and improves your desire, function, bone density, muscle mass and strength, adipose (fat) tissue distribution, mood, energy and psychological well-being.

But the estrogen-mimics in the environment cause you to increase the production of SHBG. This binds up some of that small amount of free testosterone and makes it inactive and unable to bind with the androgen receptors that are supposed to receive it.

And lower amounts of free testosterone can lead to:

Chronic fatigue

Lack of motivation or desire

Poor memory and concentration

Depression

Increase in fat

Loss of desire

The good news is, you're not helpless against the modern world. You can avoid Andropause and keep your "manpower" if you focus on a few ways to increase your free testosterone.

Here are the 9 steps I use to naturally boost my patients' "vitamin T":

Step 1) Eat Red Meat. Politically correct culture tells you red meat is bad, don't eat it, it will kill you. It's more likely that not eating it will kill you due to low testosterone. A study of vegans vs. omnivores measured each group's testosterone and SHBG. The vegans had 23 percent higher SHBG, and 3 percent lower free testosterone.8 Red meat has saturated fat, which has a known correlation with higher testosterone, and zinc, which helps you produce testosterone.

The other advantage of eating red meat is B vitamins. Besides helping your body to make testosterone, B-complex vitamins help you absorb zinc. B vitamins are water soluble, which means you'll find them in the meat of animal protein, instead of the fatty part. Some B vitamins are found in fruits and vegetables, but your best source is red meat. And for B12, red meat is your ONLY source. I recommend at least 40 mg of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6. You need 800 mcg of folic acid, and 100 mcg of B12.

Step 2) Eat Some Garlic. In animal studies, garlic increased both testosterone levels, and increased hormonal production of testosterone. Garlic's secret ingredient for boosting testosterone is called allicin. It breaks down quickly, so it's tough to get a good amount from a supplement.

My favorite way to get garlic is to brew a bedtime elixir of four mashed garlic cloves steeped in eight ounces of hot water and flavored with the juice of a lemon.9 To ward off garlic's tendency to make your breath smell "garlicky," eat some neutralizing fennel seeds, like those served at Indian restaurants.

Step 3) Get More Zinc. This trace element is one of the most important nutrients for men. Not only does it ensure optimum prostate health, it also helps you stay virile and active well into your advanced years. That's because zinc play a role in the production of testosterone. Also, a large amount of zinc is concentrated in a pituitary gland in your brain and the pituitary gland plays a major role in your libido.

In a well-known study published in the journal The Lancet, researchers divided men into two groups. Half got a placebo, half got zinc. The researchers wrote: "Zinc strikingly improved potency in all patients and raised the testosterone to normal… Placebo did not improve sexual function in any patient."10

My favorite way to get my zinc is by eating animal meats like pork, beef, liver and lamb. Oysters, watermelon and pumpkin seeds have a lot of zinc, too. I recommend you get 30 mg per day.

Step 4) Use The Herb Nettle. Nettle is well known for blocking the enzyme aromatase which your body uses to synthesize estrogen.

But to me, the exciting thing about nettle is that it has its own compound (with the tongue-twisting name 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran) that can bind with SHBG. That means more of your free testosterone can flow through your blood, doing its good work.11 A dose of 140 mg per day of nettle will give you the effect you need.

Step 5) Take tribulus terrestris and fenugreek, which have steroidal saponins. These increase testosterone. In a study on primates, researchers gave the animals tribulus and increased their testosterone by 51 percent!12 You can take up to 500 mg of each.

Step 6) Get some muira puama. It's an herb extracted from a plant from South America that's almost unknown to Americans. But in the Amazon jungle it's used to boost libido. And several studies have shown it counters the effects of low testosterone. "Asthenia" is characterized by fatigue, loss of strength, or debility, all symptoms of a testosterone deficiency. In a study on asthenia, muira puama was effective for 100 percent of those taking it.13 I give my patients 350 mg per day.

Step 7) Break Down Excess Estrogen. Diindolylmethane (DIM) is what's called an indole. Those are the plant nutrients you get from eating cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and mustard greens. DIM is an indole that helps your body break down estrogen, improving your testosterone/estrogen ratio. And when you improve this ratio, you get the feeling of a testosterone boost. If you want to supplement, 100 mg a day is my recommendation.

Step Help Your Body Regulate Testosterone. Aminobutyric Acid (GABA) is an amino acid that helps your brain and nervous system regulate your hormone levels, including testosterone. Almonds, bananas, walnuts, citrus fruit, spinach and broccoli are all GABA-friendly foods. If you would like to supplement, you don't need much… 10 mg per day.

Step 9) Exercise With Intensity. You might be surprised to know that exercise boosts testosterone, no matter what your age. In a study completed a few months ago, researchers looked at both younger and older men who did 21 weeks of heavy resistance training. They measured significant increases in lean body mass and testosterone levels.14

Try doing resistance training three to four days a week. All it takes is 10-20 minutes of your time, and it can be applied to my PACE program. Good old-fashioned exercises like the ones you used to do back in gym class are the best kind. Try mixing it up with different exercise – lunges, squats, squat thrusts, pull-ups, push-ups, dips, and crunches.

[1] Malkin, Chris J., Pugh, Peter J., Morris, Paul D., et al, "Low serum testosterone and increased mortality in men with coronary heart disease," Heart 2010;96:1821-1825

[2] Carrero, Juan Jesús, et al, "Low Serum Testosterone Increases Mortality Risk among Male Dialysis Patients," JASN March 2009; 20(3): 613-620

[3] Khaw, Kay-Tee, MBBChir, FRCP et al, "Endogenous Testosterone and Mortality Due to All Causes, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cancer in Men," Circulation 2007;116:2694-2701

[4] Laughlin, Gail A., Barrett-Connor, Elizabeth, Bergstrom, Jacklyn, "Low Serum Testosterone and Mortality in Older Men," The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism 2008;93(1):68-75

[5] Shores, MM, Moceri, VM, Gruenewald, DA, et al, "Low testosterone is associated with decreased function and increased mortality risk," J. Am. Geriatr. Soc. Dec. 2004;52(12):2077-81

[6] Shores, Molly M., MD; Matsumoto, Alvin M., MD; Sloan, Kevin L. MD; et al, "Low Serum Testosterone and Mortality in Male Veterans," Arch. Intern. Med. 2006;166:1660-1665

[7] Gooren, Louis J., "Androgens and male aging: current evidence of safety and efficacy," Asian Journal of Andrology 2010;12:136–151

[8] Key, TJ, Roe, L, Thorogood, M, et al, "Testosterone, sex hormone-binding globulin, calculated free testosterone, and oestradiol in male vegans and omnivores," Br. J. Nutr. July 1990;64(1):111-9

[9] Jacobs, Brad, MD, MPH, Washington DC, quoted in "8 Essential Flu Fighters," Natural Health Solutions Jan. 1, 2008

[10] Antoniou, Lucy D., Sudhakar, Telechery, Shalhoub Robert, Smith, CJ, "Reversal of Uraemic… by Zinc," The Lancet October 1977; 310(8044): 895-898

[11] Schöttner, M, Gansser, D, Spiteller, G., "Interaction of lignans with human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG)," Z Naturforsch C. Nov.-Dec. 1997;52(11-12):834-43

[12] Gauthaman, K., Ganesan, A.P., "The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris…" Phytomedicine Jan. 2008;15(1-2):44-54

[13] Waynberg, J. "Male Sexual Asthenia – Interest in a Traditional Plant-Derived Medication," Ethnopharmacology Mar. 1995

[14] Ahtiainen, J.P., Hulmi, J.J., Kraemer, W.J., et al, "Heavy resistance exercise training and skeletal muscle androgen receptor expression in younger and older men," Steroids Jan. 2011;76(1-2):183-92

DISCLAIMER: THE CONTENT AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS E-NEWSLETTER ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. IT MAY NOT BE CONSTRUED AS MEDICAL ADVICE, AND WE DO NOT INTEND FOR THIS INFORMATION TO BE USED TO DIAGNOSE OR PRESCRIBE FORMS OF TREATMENT.

Karl excellent post.

Please take to heart my recent post and have your thyroid tested by blood also which could be a cause of your lack of physical strength. I wish you well my friend I have been where you are but I only wish that I had been wiser. Regards.

Long, but good read Karl.....thanks. At first read, It does make some sense and will research more, when I have time and energy.

and jc....will get thyroid tested by blood when I get a chance. Glad to hear that you are a survivor!!

Please take to heart my recent post and have your thyroid tested by blood also which could be a cause of your lack of physical strength. I wish you well my friend I have been where you are but I only wish that I had been wiser. Regards.

Your concerns are spot on never undertake a hormone replacement program without a complete check up but donot be afraid to follow such a program if all is well. Just because you are old doesn't mean you need to feel that way.

Long, but good read Karl.....thanks. At first read, It does make some sense and will research more, when I have time and energy.

and jc....will get thyroid tested by blood when I get a chance. Glad to hear that you are a survivor!!

Our hormones work together a comprehensive test for all functions should be part of your therapy. As I said earlier check out LEF.org great site with good info on vitamin and hormone supplamentaion. Please do a lot of reserch believe it or not most MDs know little if nothing about hormone replacement therapy. You will have to look high and low for a good Dr. in Thailand or do your own reserch and become your own Dr. Where are you located I know a Dr in Bangkok who studies in Europe with one of the leading experts on hormone replacement therapy.

Edited by moe666

A long list of symptoms, but nothing extraordinary. IMHO and from personal experience of drug induced testosterone, its probably just the fact that you are getting old, decrease of testosterone levels is natural, and most of your problems are just things to accept as part of aging. You can fight it many ways, but we are all slowly falling to bits from middle age onwards......

feel depressed, get out and be more sociable. No energy, try eating better and getting regular exercise.

Yes you can increase your testosterone levels to higher than normal levels for your age, giving you stronger libido and more energy, but don't forget to consider the dangerous sides of these treatments. If you accept them, then by all means go for it and enjoy it, but it may well end up reducing your lifespan one way or another.

The natural methods Karl suggests are a better way than steroids, but I'd be interested to know if Karl has done any personal monitoring of his own Testosterone levels and in particular, when stopping his own regime, how much real impact it has on his Testosterone level over the following 2 months (see how far it drops, as well as how far his body reacts and increases production).

Not sure what drug treatments specifically are being discussed, but as far as I know, in Thailand they are prescription only, but can be purchased at the more entrepreneurial pharmacies (but you them take more risk that the drugs may be fake).

If you do try any drug treatment, Doctor monitored is best, or if you decide to save money and trust what you read/hear, do it in moderation and see how your body reacts first.

Hope you feel better,

Cy

A long list of symptoms, but nothing extraordinary. IMHO and from personal experience of drug induced testosterone, its probably just the fact that you are getting old, decrease of testosterone levels is natural, and most of your problems are just things to accept as part of aging. You can fight it many ways, but we are all slowly falling to bits from middle age onwards......

feel depressed, get out and be more sociable. No energy, try eating better and getting regular exercise.

Yes you can increase your testosterone levels to higher than normal levels for your age, giving you stronger libido and more energy, but don't forget to consider the dangerous sides of these treatments. If you accept them, then by all means go for it and enjoy it, but it may well end up reducing your lifespan one way or another.

The natural methods Karl suggests are a better way than steroids, but I'd be interested to know if Karl has done any personal monitoring of his own Testosterone levels and in particular, when stopping his own regime, how much real impact it has on his Testosterone level over the following 2 months (see how far it drops, as well as how far his body reacts and increases production).

Not sure what drug treatments specifically are being discussed, but as far as I know, in Thailand they are prescription only, but can be purchased at the more entrepreneurial pharmacies (but you them take more risk that the drugs may be fake).

If you do try any drug treatment, Doctor monitored is best, or if you decide to save money and trust what you read/hear, do it in moderation and see how your body reacts first.

Hope you feel better,

Cy

Your reasoning is flawed, why feel bad when one can supplement a few drugs and feel beter and enjoy a better life. If a person is depressed its hard for them to get out and meet people or even want to. Maybe eating better isn't a solution either as we age we so longer absorb vitamins and minerals as we did when we were younger. If a person has no energy how are they to get out and exercise.

Even young people can have low T- levels and require supplamentaion. By your reasoning cancer could be a natural occuring health problem and should not be treated.

there was also a thread started Jan 08 by Jimmy the Mook 'Human Growth Hormone' that you might like to have a read. It was about 5 pages.

Might have some of the hospitals that treat hormone replacement in men. Trouble when you talk about this some people may swan and try and solicit their goods for sale.

I did try HGH and improved many of the issues that were summised by Jaadeeguy. But I think illegal in Thailand. The Doctor I got it from here in OZ was eventually struck off register to practice for prescribing this drug. A lot of body builders use it. Was one of those drugs that were hard to detect in competition.

• 2 months later...

Steroids and other hormones are illegal for some good reasons. It's not just that the medical establishment doesn't want to grant

bodybuilders a great physique. An alternative to exogenous hormones is tongkat ali which causes the body to synthesize more testosterone by itself.