Gold Medallion Signature Guarantee

jaideeguy

I need a 'gold medallion signature guarantee' for some documents and this differs from a notary stamp......a bit higher and usually done by larger banks. I remember trying to get one years ago and found it impossible then, but maybe things have changed?? if so, please let me know where I can get one.

I think Medallion Signature Guarantee is only available in the U.S.A. and Canada.

For further information on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s (SEC) Medallion Program, please visit: http://www.sec.gov/answers/sigguar.htm.

General questions about Medallion Signature Guarantees or how the Medallion program works may be directed to the SEC’s Office of Investor Education and Assistance by email at [email protected], by phone at 1-800-SEC-0330, by fax at 202-772-9295, or by mail at 100 F Street, NE, Washington, D.C., 20549-0213.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

Sounds like something that can be faked pretty easy. So design something by yourself and take it to an average printshop where they do a 50b gold foil copy ? If it's something with relief logo/ text, a simple metal sealplier you can order at the better stationary/office store for around $60.= including your made to order stamp.

Thanks hml367.......I'll give them a call, but I think that you are right about it only being available in the larger banks of the US and Canada. Will ask if I can get Thai substitute or equivilent.

and, no thanks member......I might as well get the print shop to print up a few $100's....but spend them fast before they become worthless.

You might ask them if a signature guarantee by the US Consulate will do. I suspect it will.

CH....just found this is from the US Consulate website......

"Medallion Signature Guarantee. U.S. financial institutions sometimes

require a Medallion Signature Guarantee. This is not a notary

service, but rather a special procedure that can be performed only by

financial institutions that have a Medallion program approved by the

U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). At present, no

financial institutions in Thailand are authorized to provide the

Medallion Signature Guarantee service. Likewise, U.S. consular

officers are not authorized to provide it. If you are dealing with a

U.S. financial institution that requires a Medallion Signature

Guarantee, explain that it is unavailable in Thailand and ask whether

a notarial Acknowledgement at the Consulate would be an acceptable

alternative."

Will give the institution a call tomorrow.

Thanks, J