Tax Back For Tourists!

WinnieTheKhwai

What could these people possibly be buying in Thailand that makes it worth it to stand in such long lines?

I don't buy high ticket items in Thailand because generally they can be had in the States for much less. And for cheaper items, it is just not worth it to wait in line.

What could these people possibly be buying in Thailand that makes it worth it to stand in such long lines?

I don't buy high ticket items in Thailand because generally they can be had in the States for much less. And for cheaper items, it is just not worth it to wait in line.

It's because people are generally really fuc_king stupid. Same as in Canada, when for example, a typical liter of gas will be $0.80/liter. For a promotion, a gas station will drop it to $0.55/liter for one day, and you'll see 3 or 4 hour lineups at the gas station. People will take half a day off work, and sit in a line with their car idling for 3 hours, just to save $30. All the while, they lost half a day's wages, and spent $25 burning fuel for 3 hours while idling.

It's because people are generally really fuc_king stupid. Same as in Canada, when for example, a typical liter of gas will be $0.80/liter. For a promotion, a gas station will drop it to $0.55/liter for one day, and you'll see 3 or 4 hour lineups at the gas station. People will take half a day off work, and sit in a line with their car idling for 3 hours, just to save $30. All the while, they lost half a day's wages, and spent $25 burning fuel for 3 hours while idling.

In the U.K we call it "False sense of Economy".

I know people who will drive 5 miles for a bargain, burning their saving and more in fuel.