Your Preferred Bangkok Hotel

buadhai

has to be the Landmark hotel in Sukhumvit...its lush...

www.landmarkbangkok.com

make sure and get the thai mrs/gf to book the room u will always get discount with being a thai national..unfair i know...but the free bar and coffee on the upper floors are great... :o

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tai-Pan Hotel is nice, clean and a decent value but it has no free breakfast and is a little walk from Sukhumvit but I still like it.

Much prefer the Rembrandt Hotel for a little more money. Big rooms, clean, High-Speed Internet in every room, free Bangkok Post slid under your door each morning and a great, free buffet breakfast every morning. Not the most plush but great value for your money.

The Tai-Pan Hotel is nice, clean and a decent value but it has no free breakfast and is a little walk from Sukhumvit but I still like it.

Much prefer the Rembrandt Hotel for a little more money.  Big rooms, clean, High-Speed Internet in every room, free Bangkok Post slid under your door each morning and a great, free buffet breakfast every morning.  Not the most plush but great value for your money.

A friend of mine stayed at the Tai Pan recently and they charged him extra to take his lady friends in. He was not happy about the arrangement.

Much prefer the Rembrandt Hotel for a little more money.  Big rooms, clean, High-Speed Internet in every room, free Bangkok Post slid under your door each morning and a great, free buffet breakfast every morning.  Not the most plush but great value for your money.

A friend of mine stayed at the Tai Pan recently and they charged him extra to take his lady friends in. He was not happy about the arrangement.

The Tai Pan has always had that policy. I stayed there 3 odd years ago when they tried to charge my brother. I threw my shovel down in disgust and moved elsewhere. The Dude does not dig guest charges. Can you dig?

Many cheap, clean and convenient in the Saphan Kwai area : Sena / Karmanee / Liberty Garden / Embassy / Mido / Pradiphat and so on ...

Lately, I've been staying at the Elizabeth, also in Saphan Kwai on Pradiphat Road. Older, but nice, hotel that sees more of a Thai clientele. The hotel is set way back from the road so street noise is not a problem. Rooms at the Elizabeth can be booked for 900 to 1000 baht from various agencies.

• 4 weeks later...

a couple of mates stay at the best value inn down the end of soi 7/1 ( so right at the nana skytrain ) 400-500baht a night - small rooms but aircond / double bed / television / shower - I come and meet them in a couple of the small bars on 7/1 for 1 or 10 ales :o

there are a few small hotels on soi 7/1 but I have not seen the inside of them or know the prices - maybe I should do a survey , good excuse to go for a beer :D

I have always been a Huay Kwang man myself.You seem to get better value for money out that way, also less tourists and no hassle from touts.It used to be a hassle getting around if you stayed this far out, but now with the underground it is a piece of piss to get around.

My prefered hotel is the Ratchada city hotel for 800 baht a night, the hotel has huge rooms cable tv and there is a decent swimming pool as well that it never gets used. The hotel seems to be frequented by bus loads of Chinese tourists and never any farangs.

My second choice is the pallazzo, again very nice big clean rooms, but a little more pricey at 1100 baht a night but because the wife used to work there we get the room for 700 baht a night, you could try going in and saying you know daleyboys wife, you might get a discount :o

We have always stayed out this way purely because that is where the wife used to work so all her friends live out there too.

Last time we were in Los we stayed in a hotel on one of the sois just off suk, very near the windsor suites, i think it might have been the majestic. We had a huge corner room with 2 sofas a bar excellent cable tv all for 1200 a night, does this seem right, cant remember the soi, it has got a tiny little bar just outside the front door a proper massage place next door, also a big car park directly opposite.

I mentioned the windsor suites, dont stay there, bunch of rip of asswipes that lot were. I booked the room for 2 people went up to the room on my own, the wife stopped to see friends, then turned up later the recpetion ring up to me and tell me there is a Thai girl downstairs, i say yeah its my wife, they then tell me that will be an extra 1000 baht a night, <deleted> i said no way its my wife and they told me that it is a no Thai policy, i told them that i didnt care and it was my <deleted> wife but they wouldnt listen, and if i hadnt already paid for the room i would have left. Luckily the room was only for 1 night, but i told the manager when we left good job got an extra 1000 baht for 1 night, but you have lost 2 weeks at 3000baht a night and i will tell everyone i know not to stay there. :D

• 2 years later...
For those of you who reside outside of Bangkok, which hotel do you use when visiting the capitol and why?

How about you? Where do you like to stay?

At the Bangkok City Hotel:

http://www.bangkoksuite.com/

Clean, online booking (MS IE only), no middleman or agent. 750THB single with breakfast, WLAN in your room. 200THB from there to Suvarnabhumi with low traffic.

Best Value for your money!

I think that serviced apartment places are often good value compared to regular hotels (certainly at a sort of mid-price level).

I do actually have a small apartment in BKK but as it's often full of Mrs CC's rellies ( :o ) it gives me an excuse to bail out to either

President Park, Suk 24 - studio apartments start at Bt 2.2k per night - fantastic leisure facilities and walking distance to Emporium and the farang pubs and stuff on mid-Suk (if that's your thing)

or

Oakwood Residence, Soi Naradhiwas 24, which is conveniently close to "my" apartment in Yannawa - nicer rooms than Pres Park, and a quiet(ish) residential location, but obviously a taxi job up to the 'bright lights' - from about Bt 2.4k / night last time I looked

CC

Edit: can book either of these online via the Sawasdee website, or else Pres Park have their own website

Edited by Captain Chaos

Lately for a splurge if I'm stayin 1 night it's been President Park on Suk 24 for 2,200 baht a night.

Otherwise Premier Inn on Suk 20 for longer stays, a suite for 1,300 baht or standard room 900 baht. Never had a problem with the staff there in over 8 years but the rooms and furniture are getting a bit shabby these days. Breakfast is not good but I'm not a breakfast person.

Centre Point appartments in Sukumvit,Soi 10 are great bit pricey at around 3500 for a 60 sq metre appartment but really nice clean and modern plus a super roof top pool,i would recomend this place if you want a bit of luzury and also great location.

does anyone know of a website that might have the contact details for the hotels discussed on this thread(and other moderately priced hotels for central BKK) listed on one convenient site?

hotels2thailand

they've never let me down

I always stay at House By The Pond When it's just me and the wife we get a 1 BR apartment for 29000baht/month plus 1200 for dedicated ADSL line, and water and power. Last month bill 51000baht including everything laundry, internet, water, power, a couple of private car rides.

If it's the whole family we get a 2 BR 39000/month.

Off of Suk 22 walking distance to BTS Phrom Phong, the Emporium, and Villa Market.

GunnyD

Always the Sheraton Grande Suk, or the Westin opposite if the SGS is full. Easy transport links - on the sky train and underground, and 10 minutes drive (er...usually!) to the airport tollway.

+1 Sheraton Grande

as a Starwood member I always get a suite upgrade there when I book the cheapest room

I think that serviced apartment places are often good value compared to regular hotels (certainly at a sort of mid-price level).

I do actually have a small apartment in BKK but as it's often full of Mrs CC's rellies ( :o ) it gives me an excuse to bail out to either

President Park, Suk 24 - studio apartments start at Bt 2.2k per night - fantastic leisure facilities and walking distance to Emporium and the farang pubs and stuff on mid-Suk (if that's your thing)

or

Oakwood Residence, Soi Naradhiwas 24, which is conveniently close to "my" apartment in Yannawa - nicer rooms than Pres Park, and a quiet(ish) residential location, but obviously a taxi job up to the 'bright lights' - from about Bt 2.4k / night last time I looked

CC

Edit: can book either of these online via the Sawasdee website, or else Pres Park have their own website

What is the difference between The President Park and President Solitaire (apart from the later is called an hotel?)

RAZZ