Car Rental

P76

Hi,

I would like to rent a car in Bangkok and drive up country to the inlaws place.

The period would be about 2 weeks, maybe longer.

I have heard that insurance is a bit dodgy and hard to get full cover.

Is this true?

Can anybody recommend a good rental company?

I tried the link at the top of the page but it doesnt work.

Thank you, O knowledgeable ones.

Hi,

I would like to rent a car in Bangkok and drive up country to the inlaws place.

The period would be about 2 weeks, maybe longer.

I have heard that insurance is a bit dodgy and hard to get full cover.

Is this true?

Can anybody recommend a good rental company?

I tried the link at the top of the page but it doesnt work.

Thank you, O knowledgeable ones.

Car Rental

that is the only place I have found, but if you find others, please let me know also! I need to rent a car and do the same thing as you, but not until April or so. Good Luck!

Craig

Early last year I used MASTER CAR RENTAL. Office is in the BMW car dealership on Rama IV Rd in Klong Toey (not far from Carrefour & Tesco). Very professional setup - no different to car hire in Oz. A Toyota dual cab pickup cost me 15568 Bht for 2 week rental, inclusive of VAT, Collision Damage Waiver and Personal Accident Insurance.

They also delivered the car to the hotel in Soi 22. As a said: very professional, curteous service.

www.mastercarrental.com

I'd suggest Avis. I've used them 3 times now, and been very happy each time. You can book on-line at Avis Thailand.

The only negative is that the quoted prices don't include full insurance. If you want this, you pay the extra when you pick up the car. (To be precise, you only give your credit card details when you pick up the car, so you pay nothing up front. Then they encourage you to take out extra insurance.)

I'd recommend picking the car up at the airport. It avoids the horrendous driving in Bangkok itself.

You might contact Golden Car Rent at Victory Monument. From 800 bt a day for a late model Toyota Soluna (should suffice?) incl insurance cover but ASK to be certain of the deductible etc. Email: goldencarrent AT yahoo.com Phone: 02 246-7837 Eng Contact: Khun Orasa. I've rented from them before and no probs but then, no accidents either.

Just another option, OR, go with the established car rental outfits if in doubt.