Foreign Couple Involved In Robbery At Resort In Jomtien

Rimmer

Foreign couple involved in robbery at Resort in Jomtien

PATTAYA: -- A foreign couple at a luxury resort in Jomtien returned to their room on Friday Night to find the room safe had been removed. Mr. Claude Petijon aged 48 from France and his partner Miss Agnes Wilkie aged 58 from Scotland returned to their room at the Sugar Hut Resort at approximately 8pm to find it had been ransacked. The couple went straight to the safe box and saw it had been removed from the room. Entry to the wooden hut was made through one of the windows,

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-04-30

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

"No fingerprints or other forensic evidence was taken from the scene by Pattaya Police who determined that a current or previous employee of the Resort may be involved. "

Am I missing something? It would seem that fingerprints would be an excellent place to start an investigation.

Staff's fingerprints are likely to be in the room anyway. So not much point taking them as one of them is guilty.

Likely to be in the room should the staff ever actually go to clean/maintain the room anyway. Probably far more likely that the staff's fingerprints are on the inside of their own noses, and no where else.

Staff's fingerprints are likely to be in the room anyway. So not much point taking them as one of them is guilty.

Likely to be in the room should the staff ever actually go to clean/maintain the room anyway. Probably far more likely that the staff's fingerprints are on the inside of their own noses, and no where else.

But I'm sure it is not likely that those fingerprints are at the inside of the safety box as I doubt they cleaned that ever before.

I read this thread because I was thinking that 2 foreigners were involved in a robbery, not victims of a robbery.

But, hey, English is not my first language, so it was my misunderstanding :whistling:

I was under the same impression that our tourist freinds did actually perpetrate the crime themselves, rather than being victimized. :o

Edited by vont

rather sad really that incidents of this type are becoming so common, even at the nicer places.

i've often wondered why the city doesn't insist on basic security procedures followed-up by

inspections because there appears to be glaring problems with basic room safety at most hotels. <_<

rather sad really that incidents of this type are becoming so common, even at the nicer places.

i've often wondered why the city doesn't insist on basic security procedures followed-up by

inspections because there appears to be glaring problems with basic room safety at most hotels. <_<

That's why I rarely use hotel "safes." Usually keep my valuables on me or hide stuff in plain sight. Still not completely safe but often seems like better odds.

That's why I rarely use hotel "safes." Usually keep my valuables on me or hide stuff in plain sight. Still not completely safe but often seems like better odds.

Agree. After reading many threads here about the education woes, I have taken to stashing the few large bills i keep in my room(when traveling) in an english paper back book. While nothing is foolproof it seems to be the last place a thief would look.ph34r.gif

Agree. After reading many threads here about the education woes, I have taken to stashing the few large bills i keep in my room(when traveling) in an english paper back book. While nothing is foolproof it seems to be the last place a thief would look.ph34r.gif

Don't forget the room's refrigerator :)

Farang B. The fridges are way too small. II actually leave some booze there much like leaving milk and cookies for santa. I think that an alcoholic burgler will hit me way before a literate drunk will. I digress