Pantip Equivalent In Hong Kong

damole

Hi

I spent the day in Hong Kong yesterday looking for the equivalent of Pantip or Fortune but didn't really find anything to match. I'm looking for a top of the line gaming laptop, something like a Gigabyte P2532N. I found Apliu St in Sham Shui Po which is good for electronic parts and mobiles but nothing with the range of laptops, phones, tabs, media streamers and peripherals that I've seen in Bangkok.

I have found an Acer Iconia A500 tablet for 4000HKD (310GBP) which a significant discount to the UK price of 450GBP, this was in Fortress which is a high street chain.

I also found an LG Optimus 2X for 350 GBP rather than the 400 GBP I just paid for it in Carephone Warehouse in the UK a few weeks ago so it seems some prices are quite competitive so I really would like to see if the same is true for high end laptops.

I've only got a day and half left before flying to Delhi which I know has it's own Pantip equivalent called Nehru place but prices are usually higher there and then I'll be back in Bangkok next month

Anybody spent time here and know where to go?

cheers

damole

The 3 main computer centres in HK are:

Mongkok Computer Centre (Probably best for laptops) Mongkok MTR

Golden Computer Centre (Sham Shui Po)

Wan Chai Computer Centre (Wanchai)

Phones/Tablets and Ipads is Sincere Podium (Mongkok)

If what you want is not in one of those I reckon its not available yet :)

Edited by negreanu

:I'mwithstupid:

Mongkok Computer Centre. Same as Panthip, only 4 times the size.

If it isn't available there, it isn't available in Hong Kong. If it isn't available in Hong Kong, it isn't available outside of Japan.

Agreed, I lived in HK for a while, and Mongkok is definitely the place to go. The computer center in Mongkok is cool, you can custom build anything you want on the 4th floor (last time I was there). Careful though, they do have lots of fakes there. I think there is a place called IT tower or something that's nice.