Gpx Zf250 Enduro Motorcycle

so as this thread is a year old does anyone actually have experience in owning one ? i have never seen one in Pattay area ? for sale or otherwise ...

IIRR Richard-BKK has reported a lot in this thread about the bike. He also made a green book for his bike, but some do not believe it, as always. TiTV smile.png

So easy to prove but Richard does not seem capable. So i for one do not believe its original real green book for the Gpx. And for TiTTV you should watch Thailands got talent biggrin.png

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

LOL, if you have nothing to say ... then use an old thread to say it.

This is Thai Visa

But maybe thaicbr is just advertising his state-of-the-art Galaxy Tab laugh.png

The GT-P1010 is one of the first Samsung Galaxy Tabs, which still uses Android 2.2 (probably now 2.3)... so not really state-of-the-art

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GT-P1010 is one of the first Samsung Galaxy Tabs, which still uses Android 2.2 (probably now 2.3)... so not really state-of-the-art

Actually smart arse it came out later than the tab 7 3g but it is and always will be a low cost cousin of all the other name make tabs. A bit like your Gpx is to bikes .

Any way this thread is about your Gpx not my low cost tablet computer.

Edited by thaicbr

Actually smart arse it came out later than the tab 7 3g but it is and always will be a low cost cousin of all the other name make tabs. A bit like your Gpx is to bikes .

True, I not believe that my GPX ZF250 is a state-of-art motorcycle when it comes to technology. Still I'm very happy with it, the performance is sublime and mechanical the motorcycle is still in perfect shape... for looks here and there some paint has been removed by crashes and stone chip... nothing unexpected, it happens if you take an off-road motorcycle into the woods...

True, I not believe that my GPX ZF250 is a state-of-art motorcycle when it comes to technology. Still I'm very happy with it, the performance is sublime and mechanical the motorcycle is still in perfect shape... for looks here and there some paint has been removed by crashes and stone chip... nothing unexpected, it happens if you take an off-road motorcycle into the woods...

I am very glad you are happy with the bike. I actually think its a great bike for the money.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

You are the one spamming this thread with advertising your high tech gadget thumbsup.gif

It really shows what a complete dick head you are if you have failed to notice that I'm using the TV android app. It is this app which names the phone or tablet being used.

• Like 1

It really shows what a complete dick head you are if you have failed to notice that I'm using the TV android app. It is this app which names the phone or tablet being used.

You are Wellcom

cheesy.gif

Thaicbr, having a hard time? Calm down a bit. Richards bike is for sure as legal as the KLX350 Tony has.

Actually if I ever run into a police control that finds out that I have not the carburetor which was on the motorcycle when it was tested for exhaust emission I would only get a ticket for not having the correct exhaust emission standard (not even sure they have a penalty for motorcycles who will not pass emission standard because of a modification, I can imagine every Honda CBR250 and Kawasaki Ninja 250R with an aftermarket exhaust system will also fail).

But with the Kawasaki KLX350 from Mr. Tony, if a police guy ever finds out that his 250cc is actually a 350cc, he has much more problems. Because the difference in TAX, between a 249,9cc and bigger engines, Mr. Tony's greenbook (the motorcycle registration) is not valid. Which means the police will take the motorcycle of the road until Mr. Tony registers the motorcycle correctly.

In both cases it's very unlikely that at a police stop any police officers will find out. But the main difference is that in my case anybody can tell the police about my motorcycle's modification and they still let me go... With Mr. Tony's 350cc Kawasaki there's some tip money involved which can motivate a police officer just enough...

Actually if I ever run into a police control that finds out that I have not the carburetor which was on the motorcycle when it was tested for exhaust emission I would only get a ticket for not having the correct exhaust emission standard (not even sure they have a penalty for motorcycles who will not pass emission standard because of a modification, I can imagine every Honda CBR250 and Kawasaki Ninja 250R with an aftermarket exhaust system will also fail).

But with the Kawasaki KLX350 from Mr. Tony, if a police guy ever finds out that his 250cc is actually a 350cc, he has much more problems. Because the difference in TAX, between a 249,9cc and bigger engines, Mr. Tony's greenbook (the motorcycle registration) is not valid. Which means the police will take the motorcycle of the road until Mr. Tony registers the motorcycle correctly.

In both cases it's very unlikely that at a police stop any police officers will find out. But the main difference is that in my case anybody can tell the police about my motorcycle's modification and they still let me go... With Mr. Tony's 350cc Kawasaki there's some tip money involved which can motivate a police officer just enough...

I thought this thread was about the GPX not Tony's klx.

So any reviews from a GPX zf 250 owners... I need an enduro to get me to climbing on Koh Yao noi . Currently I run my trusty Dream 125 on the steep dirt track to the north side of the island. Its definitely not the ideal bike for the trip!! That being said, how about this GPX ? Not going to race it.. doesn't need plates on the island . Just want to know if these things are somewhat reliable or should I hold out for a used Japanese bike?

So any reviews from a GPX zf 250 owners... I need an enduro to get me to climbing on Koh Yao noi . Currently I run my trusty Dream 125 on the steep dirt track to the north side of the island. Its definitely not the ideal bike for the trip!! That being said, how about this GPX ? Not going to race it.. doesn't need plates on the island . Just want to know if these things are somewhat reliable or should I hold out for a used Japanese bike?

The Gpx is a semi competition bike so fairly powerful and heavy on gas. You may be better off with a lifan off road or something similar

If your Honda Dream 125 can make it to the top of the hill, then a Lifan Lf200GY-5 can do it easily. If you want to be sure that you get to the top in the fastest possible way a GPX ZF250 is really the best choice (based on money, performance and quality).

Matter of fact somebody I know is selling a GPX ZF250, he wants 50,000 THB... (if you're interested PM me and I will send his phone number).

20120619125404166_529.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

@Thaicbr/Richard.. yea the dream will make it.. but doing the climbing commute 3-4 times a week is killing my body. I have improved suspension and even put a disk break up front on it but the bike is too small . What are the lifan 200's going for n Thailand?

Is that pic the GPX for sale? I really would need to have the enduro model with headlight/taillight. Anybody got one of those for sale? I wil have some time in BKK before I head down to Koh Yao noi so I will be searching and hopefully test driving ! June 24 th - 30 th.

How is the wiring and electrical systems been doing on the GPX? My buddy got a Chinese ATV and I had to help him re wire most of it as it was undersized and a poor build.

Thanks for all the responses.. Lifan looks much more economical.. LF200GY-5 looking stronger than the cross, All looking like will need new rims and plenty of attention. 27 kpl for the 200 Lifan seems good anyone know what the GPX 250 will yield on a liter?

too many lifans to keep track .. seeing pics of a heavier looking one with USD forks, maybe is the Sym 200..amazing how they still cheaper than 20 year old name brand bikes!! You get what you pay for??

The LF200GY-5A seems to be sold in Thailand and some other contries e.g Mexico. It seems to be the low cost version of the LF200GY-5 which has USD forks and is sold e.g. in USA. But you are right, very confusing :)

Hecteffect, have you read this thread completely? Richard has said a lot about the GPX. IIRR he also mentioned the high fuel consumtion and other things.

I just read the entire thread!! It was painful . Wish some other GPX owners would chime in on their experience. If they aren't total lemons and parts can be had then I will probably get one.registration would be nice but doesn't get checked where I live or where I will be riding-

too many lifans to keep track .. seeing pics of a heavier looking one with USD forks, maybe is the Sym 200..amazing how they still cheaper than 20 year old name brand bikes!! You get what you pay for??

Maybe it is this picture I took the other day that you saw. Sym/MBike 200 Enduro. 54,500B. I am starting a thread to try to get some feedback from owners. http://www.thaivisa....-m-bike-54500b/

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzU5LmpwZw.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

You would be getting a lifan 200 cross,i am picking mine up next week and had a test ride and goes well,also you get 2 year warrantypost-70773-134035842337_thumb.jpg on it and green book!

2 year warranty on engine only. 3 week warranty on frame. Electrics? No idea.

Edited by NomadJoe

I was planing to buy a Kawasaki KLX250S soon. But after reading this tread i'm really considering the GPX ZF250 enduro. The problem i have is that i don't own a Pick-up truck to bring it to and from the dirt tracks.

Any shops in Pattaya area who sell the GPX? I have to go and check it out for sure.

I have read that some one (Richard-BKK) got road plates to its GPX by changing the carburetor to smaller one during the emission test. What did all this cost? Did you bought a smaller carb your self or did borrow one from some one who helped you with all?

How often do you have to take the engine apart for maintenance?

How is it compare to the KLX in the dirt?

Happy if some one could clear these question marks out for me...

Thanks

/T

I was planing to buy a Kawasaki KLX250S soon. But after reading this tread i'm really considering the GPX ZF250 enduro. The problem i have is that i don't own a Pick-up truck to bring it to and from the dirt tracks.

Any shops in Pattaya area who sell the GPX? I have to go and check it out for sure.

I have read that some one (Richard-BKK) got road plates to its GPX by changing the carburetor to smaller one during the emission test. What did all this cost? Did you bought a smaller carb your self or did borrow one from some one who helped you with all?

Thanks

/T

The dealer did the registration, they also did the carburetor swap, in total I paid 35,000 THB to get the GPX ZF250 registered.

From my experience, I advice you to get a dealer list for dealers in your area and visit them, and ask them if they can do the registration (for an extra fee of course), some will say no some say we check it, and some will say I cannot promise anything …. the last is what my dealer told me...

GPX ZF250, compared to a Kawasaki KLX250, is considerable more powerful – of course you have people who modify there KLX to get more power. Some KLX riders install 300 or even 350cc and abandon the original fuel injection for big carburetors, personally I never met a 350cc big bore so hard to compare but with the KLX300 is about similar in power.

But using a big bore on a 250cc registered motorcycle you risk that the authorities confiscate your motorcycle, and is extremely difficult to ever get it back. Basically the only way to get the motorcycle back is to re-register it as a 300 or 350cc motorcycle (plus you need to pay the additional TAX and environmental testing).

Anyway, getting a new Kawasaki KLX250 on the same performance level you need to modify it a good amount, this are not the cheapest modifications. If you want a performance 250cc dirtbike, you can also look at a Kawasaki KX250 (with this license plates are absolutely not possible, but you get much better performance, much more than a KLX250 or GPX ZF250).

Thanks

/T

The dealer did the registration, they also did the carburetor swap, in total I paid 35,000 THB to get the GPX ZF250 registered.

From my experience, I advice you to get a dealer list for dealers in your area and visit them, and ask them if they can do the registration (for an extra fee of course), some will say no some say we check it, and some will say I cannot promise anything …. the last is what my dealer told me...

GPX ZF250, compared to a Kawasaki KLX250, is considerable more powerful – of course you have people who modify there KLX to get more power. Some KLX riders install 300 or even 350cc and abandon the original fuel injection for big carburetors, personally I never met a 350cc big bore so hard to compare but with the KLX300 is about similar in power.

But using a big bore on a 250cc registered motorcycle you risk that the authorities confiscate your motorcycle, and is extremely difficult to ever get it back. Basically the only way to get the motorcycle back is to re-register it as a 300 or 350cc motorcycle (plus you need to pay the additional TAX and environmental testing).

Anyway, getting a new Kawasaki KLX250 on the same performance level you need to modify it a good amount, this are not the cheapest modifications. If you want a performance 250cc dirtbike, you can also look at a Kawasaki KX250 (with this license plates are absolutely not possible, but you get much better performance, much more than a KLX250 or GPX ZF250).

Which dealer?

Thanks

/T

Thanks for your answers.

I have after i wrote this post i have read more about your experience about the bike in other threads and i have to say i like the bike more and more the more i read about it.

Could you tell me how often you have to take the engine apart for maintenance? I'm a more of a calm enduro and trail rider then a jumping motocross rider ,but i don't say no to the extra power that the ZF250 have, and if it will save me 120 000 compare with a KLX with a big bore, the choice is easy.

Thanks,

/T

Edited by TramsRepus

Thanks

/T

Thanks for your answers.

I have after i wrote this post i have read more about your experience about the bike in other threads and i have to say i like the bike more and more the more i read about it.

Could you tell me how often you have to take the engine apart for maintenance? I'm a more of a calm enduro and trail rider then a jumping motocross rider ,but i don't say no to the extra power that the ZF250 have, and if it will save me 120 000 compare with a KLX with a big bore, the choice is easy.

Thanks,

/T

Big C sell the GPX however they have to order from the supplier in Bangkok, also the prices on the suppliers website DO NOT reflect the price quoted when you place an order. On top of that you then need to try and find someone to make it "legal" which I find hard to believe as new bikes have to have fuel injection to lower the exhaust emissions. From memory it was around 120,000 baht quoted, plus the 35k quoted here for "green book" that takes you up to KLX pricing which is completely legal.

If as you say your a calm enduro / trail rider, a KLX or a CRF 250L is more than adequate and comes from a recognised producer not a chinese manufacturer with limited dealer back up. If you want to try a KLX in Pattaya out on the trails I would recommend you getting in touch with Jonny, www.pattayatracksntrails.com he runs out of Bike Lane near the Elephant village and has 3 x 250's which he uses himself and for his customers.

Just got a 2010 KLX 250 S in used like new condition so I am moving to new topic. Hopefully the GPX and Lifan stay around and are good to their owners. Have seen a few of the used Lifan crosses for sale cheap! Hope its not a sign of a bike that is a lemon.

So far the feel of the KLX is perfect for my riding style. big rain today here so going to set my pre - load front and rear and start making some rebound and compression adjustments. Also need to find some bark busters and spare tubes .. see what I can find on the KLX threads. Good luck with those GPX enduros , too bad they are not road legal as I bet would see alot more of them around.

• 2 months later...