Gpx Zf250 Enduro Motorcycle

New in Thailand the GPX ZF250 Enduro, it costs 69,800 THB and is currently available in Thailand. The power of the GPX ZF250 is more than a Kawasaki KLX250, but less than a Kawasaki KX250F.

It's powered by a 250cc liquid-cooled engine, and comes with a extra large 49mm Mikuni carburetor (VM49). The Kawasaki KLX250 surely wins on fuel-economics but people who want power while twisting the wrist the GPX is all the fun you can get out of a 250c motorcycle with knobby tires...

0oPd6JVRgk0427140433.jpg

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems remarkably cheap. Can it be registered for road use?

I wouldn't think so, it looks very off-road to me. If you used it on the road you will spend half the time on the rear wheel alone, he-he. Could be fun though.

No it cannot be registered for road use as the importers in their wisdom are not bringing it in to the country as a road vehicle (eg paying the duty)

Even when asked at the motoshow they just said no...what <deleted> they are :angry:

I´ve introduced this bike with some pics allready here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/458610-lifan-250-enduro-mx/page__p__4343667__hl__lifan__fromsearch__1#entry4343667

I´m pretty sure, the frame is not alloy. The weldings do´nt looks like.

WOW!! 49mm carp in a 250cc. In my knowledge, this can not work, but I´ve seen and heard the engine running allready. Amazing!

With register, I would buy 2. But so, I´ll wait for the LIFAN.

No it cannot be registered for road use as the importers in their wisdom are not bringing it in to the country as a road vehicle (eg paying the duty)

Even when asked at the motoshow they just said no...what <deleted> they are :angry:

No chance to pass Thai emission with that carb on a 250cc. So not roadlegal even if taxes would have been payed

According to one dealer, who claims he can do registration for the ZF250 Enduro version, what I now understand is that he will replace the 49mm carburetor with a 32mm carburetor to pass the exhaust emission testing, the GPX already makes less than 94dB sound, and the enduro version has all the accessories required to be road legal.

After passing the emission testing you can keep the 32mm carburetor or switch back to the 49mm... I actually look to replace my Honda CRF450X, which I sold not so long ago and mostly used off-road. The GPX ZF250 with its powerful engine will be a good alternative, the CRF450X was to powerful (for me) for casual dirt riding – often I was until my axes in the dirt still trying to dig deeper... the 250cc would be much better performance to weight balance of Thai dirt, especially when it's wet.

The GPX motorcycle is imported from China as a knockdown, and will still qualify as a imported motorcycle. All not much import tax is paid, China and Thailand (and ASEAN) have a Free-Trade-Agreement which includes motorcycles with engines less than 250cc (importing the GPX as parts, as suggested earlier, would actual cost more.)

I have no idea if the registration is going to work, but for the 30,000 THB the dealer has been asking I'm willing to try... It saves me the work of loading the bike in the pickup every-time I want to do some dirt riding... Anyway until I know it's really possible to get license plates on the bike I can not recommend anybody to try it... if you look like me for a weekend toy and found that a Kawasaki KX250F or Honda CRF250R is to expensive the 67,000 THB GPX ZF250 is surely a good alternative...

It could be me, but where are the figures that this GPX250 has more horsepower then a D-tracker ? Where can you find the official manufacturer information about this bike ? Is there a thai website with all information and sales places ?

Sorry, not D-tracker but KLX.....:jap:

Edited by alexbrouwer1

I have no idea if the registration is going to work, but for the 30,000 THB the dealer has been asking I'm willing to try... It saves me the work of loading the bike in the pickup every-time I want to do some dirt riding... Anyway until I know it's really possible to get license plates on the bike I can not recommend anybody to try it.

Please let us know if you manage to get a green book for it.

According to one dealer, who claims he can do registration for the ZF250 Enduro version, what I now understand is that he will replace the 49mm carburetor with a 32mm carburetor to pass the exhaust emission testing, the GPX already makes less than 94dB sound, and the enduro version has all the accessories required to be road legal.

After passing the emission testing you can keep the 32mm carburetor or switch back to the 49mm... I actually look to replace my Honda CRF450X, which I sold not so long ago and mostly used off-road. The GPX ZF250 with its powerful engine will be a good alternative, the CRF450X was to powerful (for me) for casual dirt riding – often I was until my axes in the dirt still trying to dig deeper... the 250cc would be much better performance to weight balance of Thai dirt, especially when it's wet.

The GPX motorcycle is imported from China as a knockdown, and will still qualify as a imported motorcycle. All not much import tax is paid, China and Thailand (and ASEAN) have a Free-Trade-Agreement which includes motorcycles with engines less than 250cc (importing the GPX as parts, as suggested earlier, would actual cost more.)

I have no idea if the registration is going to work, but for the 30,000 THB the dealer has been asking I'm willing to try... It saves me the work of loading the bike in the pickup every-time I want to do some dirt riding... Anyway until I know it's really possible to get license plates on the bike I can not recommend anybody to try it... if you look like me for a weekend toy and found that a Kawasaki KX250F or Honda CRF250R is to expensive the 67,000 THB GPX ZF250 is surely a good alternative...

Seems a waste of money to buy a 67,000 baht GPX250 plus 30,000 baht for a book when you can get a street legal Lifan Cross 200 with book for 45,000 baht. :ermm:

The Lifan LF200 is much more a road-capable off-road motorcycle, while the GPX ZF250 has a much higher motocross character... (hope I say that correct...)

The model I'm interested in, the ZF250 Enduro, has the same engine and gearing as the 100% motocross version – so less on-road comfort while on the other-side the off-road capabilities get better.

Have to say it looks and sounds great, pity Suzuki or Honda don't step up to the plate and offer a sensibly priced 400 / 450 and we could all have some real fun.

Shame about it not being plated but even with that add on cost its still a cheap bike and by the looks of things you could tinker with the engine to get a bit more hp, looks like my KLX will soon be on the market :jap:

The Lifan LF200 is much more a road-capable off-road motorcycle, while the GPX ZF250 has a much higher motocross character... (hope I say that correct...)

The model I'm interested in, the ZF250 Enduro, has the same engine and gearing as the 100% motocross version – so less on-road comfort while on the other-side the off-road capabilities get better.

Edited by bsacbob

• 1 month later...

Indicators on a purely offroad bike? Or is there still some hope it could be road legal?

In other markets the importers have made available a road legal bike..... also a 450cc ..if ONLY the Thai importer would do the same :whistling:

a_gpx-zf250-assembly-004.jpg

Honda-CRF-450R-bike-walls.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Modern motocross bikes all seem very similar now-a-day, and the GPX bikes are nothing different. I will not deny that GPX looked at some other 250cc motocross bikes to make the ZF250... still it is not a copy of the CRF250R.

Also not forget the GPX ZF250 motocross version costs 68,000 THB while a Kawasaki KX250F costs more than 222,000 THB (other 250cc motocross bikes from Honda or Suzuki cost around the same in Thailand).

If you forget that the GPX ZF250 is red... and compare it to other motocross bikes it will also look similar... even a Suzuki RM-Z250 will look similar to a CRF250R (as long you forget the color)

post-12170-0-63179600-1308842523_thumb.j

post-12170-0-95025800-1308842581_thumb.j

Indicators on a purely offroad bike? Or is there still some hope it could be road legal?

In other markets the importers have made available a road legal bike..... also a 450cc ..if ONLY the Thai importer would do the same :whistling:

In other markets GPX doesn't have to comply with the very strict Thai emission rules. The GPX ZF250 Enduro is basically a 250cc motocross bike with additional hardware for electric.

Richard that's true.

But as we know nothing is impossible in Thailand (just expensive to achieve)

You stated previously that all bikes in Thailand would need to be FI yet we have seen numerous bikes come to market recently that are NOT Fi..... Hows that?

As I said, the GPX ZF250 is equipped with a motocross engine it uses a 49mm carburetor and burns fuel like it costs nothing. Round trip Khao Yai National park costs more than taking a Toyota Vios (okay nearly the same)... with the stock carburetor it surely will not get Thai emission approval, and with a 32mm carburetor the engine seems to get very hot (probably too lean...)

Anyway for somebody who is thinking of a weekend off-road tool, the GPX ZF250 is perfect... it has the power, off-road it beats anything 'official' available in Thailand... It will not beat a Kawasaki KX250F, Honda CRF250R, nor will it be able to come near the raw power of a Suzuki RM-Z250.

But it's not uncommon in Thailand to see people who have converted a Kawasaki KLX250 for pure off-road use – and trust me even if a KLX250 has had the unrestricted power fix it doesn't performs like a GPX ZF250. I had a Honda CRF450X and in the dirt the GPX ZF250 is far more superior...

On the road the GPX ZF250, with stock tires, is terrible – after an hour riding on the road you feel your kidneys very well – for people with kidney stones... you can try the GPX ZF250 as alternative medicine...

----------------

For Fuel-Injection, Carburetor and exhaust emission, fuel-injection is for motorcycle manufacturers the most easiest way to meet high-emission standards. Still with good shaped combustion chambers and the use of modern materials it's even possible to get a cleaner exhaust emission with a carburetor. The downside is that a perfectly tuned carburetor doesn't adjust to difference in fuel, temperature or other environmental influences.

For example a Thai Yamaha Mio 125 (the latest carburetor scooter from Yamaha) easily meets the strict Thai exhaust emission standard, but the same scooter will not pass the European emission standards due to difference in European 'laboratory' environmental testing conditions. For Yamaha this is not a issue, as they not sell the Thai scooters outside the Asia, for Honda who is moving more and more to global models fuel-injection is much more important.

ajPyLM6l5H0622210646.jpgZ0wAefL5oh0622210646.jpgN8ll3hbyS80622210646.jpg

Edited by Richard-BKK

Richard that's true.

But as we know nothing is impossible in Thailand (just expensive to achieve)

You stated previously that all bikes in Thailand would need to be FI yet we have seen numerous bikes come to market recently that are NOT Fi..... Hows that?

Fi is not deeded to pass thai emission or Calif emission. Clean exhaust is. Both yammy 650 and 1100 vstar still use carbs, and both can pass, as does smaller yammys

But for gpx zf250 to manage a homoleg approved emission, they have to mod engine and use cat, +20k each bike. any market for it?

Chassis and plastics on the Chinese bike look almost exactly the same as a CRF (not just the color)... they don't look that similar on the Suzuki, Kawasaki or Yamaha models...

I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery :lol:.

Edited by RED21

Chassis and plastics on the Chinese bike look almost exactly the same as a CRF (not just the color)... they don't look that similar on the Suzuki, Kawasaki or Yamaha models...

I guess imitation is the highest form of flattery :lol:.

Here is the GPX ZF250 chassis and it looks as similar to a Honda CRF250R frame as a Suzuki RM-Z250 frame will looks similar...

I have to say that the dual-exhaust pipe is clearly something GPX borrowed from the 2009 Honda CRF250R... But I can also find features that I saw before on Suzuki's and Yamaha's

The most specific detailed "visual" information regarding a Honda CRF250R frame I could find is here http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/360020074/2010_CRF250R_disassembly_shui_cargo_front.html

post-12170-0-47327000-1308887676_thumb.j

Edited by Richard-BKK

On a trip... with both a Kawasaki KLX250 and a D-Tracker 250... the GPX ZF250 cross came out as a clear winner... while the Kawasaki actually stopped working with a bit to much water... the GPZ ZF250 never stopped working and did all tests without failing one time...