Sym 200 Enduro M-Bike 54,500B.

NomadJoe

I discovered this Taiwanese bike when I went to test drive the Lifan 200 Cross. I think it actually looks better than the 200 Cross. I am wondering if anyone has bought one and how it is quality wise.

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzU5LmpwZw.jpg

2011-08-16170431.jpg

These may be morard versions. Not sure. Engine looks a bit different.

QCJHUfm4lp0328110348.jpg

NoSeckUese0328110348.jpg

No Thai website for Sym that I am aware of. So far I only know of 3 dealers. Mityon Pattya, one in Patong on Phra Barami Rd opposite the gas station, and one in in Bangkok at 14/13-16 Soi Rong Muang Road, Pathumwan.Probably many more. They seem to be sold with Lifan and Keeway so those websites dealer lists are probably good for Sym.

Edited by NomadJoe

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that from the picture this bike has a few nicer features than the Lifan. I hope some people do go out and get one and report back. I would like to know who makes their USD forks.

If I had seen this bike when I was looking at the Lifan, I likely would have been tempted.

The motorcycles have little to do with Sym, they are Keeway models. The 54,500 THB is a very tempting price, not so long ago they we sold 72,000 THB.

Basically the Keeway Delta 200 and the Keeway Enduro 200 will eventually be replaced by the new Keeway TX200 models (Enduro and Motard). The Keeway TX200 is cheaper and you also see that in the usage of the regular suspension, still you get aluminum alloy wheels for the TX200 Motard version as extra's (they look nice).

4zGBqRtNcY0623050659.jpg

CiQrj6r6h50623050600.jpg

The motorcycles have little to do with Sym, they are Keeway models. The 54,500 THB is a very tempting price, not so long ago they we sold 72,000 THB.

Basically the Keeway Delta 200 and the Keeway Enduro 200 will eventually be replaced by the new Keeway TX200 models (Enduro and Motard). The Keeway TX200 is cheaper and you also see that in the usage of the regular suspension, still you get aluminum alloy wheels for the TX200 Motard version as extra's (they look nice).

4zGBqRtNcY0623050659.jpg

CiQrj6r6h50623050600.jpg

Small correction, in the official price list from Keeway Thailand – the Keeway Delta 200 and Keeway Enduro 200 cost more than the new Keeway TX200 models. But if the 54,500 THB price is correct than they are currently cost less.

I keep hearing the Sym name & reasonably positive comments about their products but are there actually any Sym bikes (not scooters) available in Thailand?

Yeah Sym sold some scooters in Thailand, and yes, they have a pretty good reputation, a far cry from the above cheap chinese specials.

The above are not Sym bikes. Pretty evident from the looks I'd say...

I'd say that from the picture this bike has a few nicer features than the Lifan. I hope some people do go out and get one and report back. I would like to know who makes their USD forks.

If I had seen this bike when I was looking at the Lifan, I likely would have been tempted.

As I am being tempted now....

Looks like I may have to be the first to get one and post some reports. Looking better with every new pic I see...

2011-08-16170357.jpg

2011-08-16170416.jpg

2011-08-16170556.jpg2011-08-16170529.jpg

The motorcycles have little to do with Sym, they are Keeway models.

Keeway (M Bike) manufactured in PRC not Taiwan. I've seen these bikes and finish looks okay but no idea about longevity.

Well if it's a Chinese Keeway why is the dealer handing out brochures that say it's a Sym from Taiwan? I know...I shouldn't even ask such questions.

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzcwLmpwZw.jpg

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzY5LmpwZw.jpg

no idea what the connection is, seems like they have some deal. maybe the same parent company? maybe it's just the thai distributor that sells both? But should be pretty clear that "M-Bike" bikes are not sym bikes. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose, unless you're talking about the beauty of the sticker figure... tongue.png

look at the last part of the URL

http://www.sym-thailand.co.th/keeway

The official SYM Taiwan page has nothing about these.

http://www.sym.com.tw/eng/

Edited by nikster

As good as the usd forks look you would be better off with a normal configuration ....... Leaks etc..... Unless you wanna go WP/Ohlins etc ???? They cost more than the bike itself. Motor is a copy of a Honda so that should be the most reliable thing if it's maintained ......... Bolts snapping, coming loose ,bearing failure. Saying all of that I am still thinking of getting a Sym mortard in August when I come over will bring some basic tools and go over it.....grease wheel axles / swing arm bolt preventative maintenance etc. will bring a slack hand of stainless bolts and nylock nuts various sizes and replace.......... Loctite as well........ For the money a bit more sure footed then straddled on a scooter

The official distributor for Sym in Thailand is Mbike Motorsale Co. Ltd., and the relation between Mbike Motorsale and Sym Taiwan became more intense after Mbike decided to expend the Sym scooter line-up in Thailand (also one of the partners in Mbike is Taiwanees linked to Sym).

Mbike Motorsale first sold motorcycles under their own name (Mbike), which was not a big success. The Mbike Delta 200 (motard version) has “also” nothing to do with Keeway, they are manufactured by Loncin which also sells them as the JL200GY-2 (Ranger) http://www.loncinie....t11/Detailed46/ (Still it's a very good product for around 54,000 THB)

Mbike Motorsale is also a longtime distributor of Keeway, Keeway is one of the better motorcycle manufacturers in China, the models sold in Thailand are also distributed around the world. See http://www.keewaymotor.com/

The Keeway products include the famous Cruiser 250, which is basically the only competitor for the Lifan Custom V250 (LF250-B ). Keeway with its current line-up (with the TX200 models) seems to go heads on in competition with Lifan, which is a good thing.

Edited by Richard-BKK

The official distributor for Sym in Thailand is Mbike Motorsale Co. Ltd., and the relation between Mbike Motorsale and Sym Taiwan became more intense after Mbike decided to expend the Sym scooter line-up in Thailand (also one of the partners in Mbike is Taiwanees linked to Sym).

Mbike Motorsale first sold motorcycles under their own name (Mbike), which was not a big success. The Mbike Delta 200 (motard version) has “also” nothing to do with Keeway, they are manufactured by Loncin which also sells them as the JL200GY-2 (Ranger) http://www.loncinie....t11/Detailed46/ (Still it's a very good product for around 54,000 THB)

Mbike Motorsale is also a longtime distributor of Keeway, Keeway is one of the better motorcycle manufacturers in China, the models sold in Thailand are also distributed around the world. See http://www.keewaymotor.com/

The Keeway products include the famous Cruiser 250, which is basically the only competitor for the Lifan Custom V250 (LF250-B ). Keeway with its current line-up (with the TX200 models) seems to go heads on in competition with Lifan, which is a good thing.

So Sym is Taiwanese again.

Sym, Keeway, MBike, and now Loncin. Geesh...I give up.

Sym is Taiwanese...

Mbike = Loncin = Chinese

Keeway = Chinese

By the way nothing wrong with all 3 manufacturers, they well known worldwide and make good products. Actually I'm thinking to call Mbike a call on Monday for a Mbike Delta 200 (motard version) good product for 54,500 THB....

Nice looking bike, more modern looking then the Lifan cross 200 , as Bikkalad wrote the engine won't give that much problems ( beeing based/copied of an older Honda XL design)

Personally i would be very cautious about the M-bike brand, one of my Thai family members got an M-Bike fly 125 ( Honda Wave lookalike) and in the past 2 years i saw this bike slowly falling apart, and this uncle is one of the few Thai guys i know who really takes care about his bike, only the engine is still going strong.

Digital dash...nice but for how long??? USD forks.... nice but qualitywise ( the mentioned seals)????

When i would be in the market for a low budget dirtbike i think the Lifan Cross 200 is a better choice, there's a thread on TV with a lot of satisfied owners.When you want to go for M-bike i should wait untill there are some independent reports on it, but hey... somebody gotta be the guinee pig. Good luck and keep us informed

Nice looking bike, more modern looking then the Lifan cross 200 , as Bikkalad wrote the engine won't give that much problems ( beeing based/copied of an older Honda XL design)

Personally i would be very cautious about the M-bike brand, one of my Thai family members got an M-Bike fly 125 ( Honda Wave lookalike) and in the past 2 years i saw this bike slowly falling apart, and this uncle is one of the few Thai guys i know who really takes care about his bike, only the engine is still going strong.

Digital dash...nice but for how long??? USD forks.... nice but qualitywise ( the mentioned seals)????

When i would be in the market for a low budget dirtbike i think the Lifan Cross 200 is a better choice, there's a thread on TV with a lot of satisfied owners.When you want to go for M-bike i should wait untill there are some independent reports on it, but hey... somebody gotta be the guinee pig. Good luck and keep us informed

I never hear of a Mbike Fly 125, I know about a Pbike Fly 125 so maybe you get the name wrong? Also there's a scooter called the Fly 125 but that is made by Vespa (unlikely that falls apart in 2 years).

Pbike was a distributor of Ryuka/Zongshen, which in the early days did exactly the same thing as Mbike, selling motorcycles under its own brand name (Pbike), currently the website of Pbike (http://www.pbike.net) is not working so maybe they are gone....

For the Mbike Delta 200 (Loncin LJ200GY-2) I found that the link provided earlier gives a good and independent view of the motorcycle (http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?3488-My-new-Chinese-Enduro-Bike-quot-M-Bike-JL200GY-2C-quot)

Edited by Richard-BKK

Sym is Taiwanese...

Mbike = Loncin = Chinese

Keeway = Chinese

By the way nothing wrong with all 3 manufacturers, they well known worldwide and make good products. Actually I'm thinking to call Mbike a call on Monday for a Mbike Delta 200 (motard version) good product for 54,500 THB....

I think you will find the motard will be a bit more than 54,500.

I never hear of a Mbike Fly 125, I know about a Pbike Fly 125 so maybe you get the name wrong? Also there's a scooter called the Fly 125 but that is made by Vespa (unlikely that falls apart in 2 years).

Pbike was a distributor of Ryuka/Zongshen, which in the early days did exactly the same thing as Mbike, selling motorcycles under its own brand name (Pbike), currently the website of Pbike (http://www.pbike.net) is not working so maybe they are gone....

For the Mbike Delta 200 (Loncin LJ200GY-2) I found that the link provided earlier gives a good and independent view of the motorcycle (http://www.mychinamo...JL200GY-2C-quot)

I'm pretty sure it's a M-bike Fly 125 , at the moment the uncle is working, but i will see i can post a pic of it to prove it.

from want i've understand there was a bank who was giving this M bikes fly 125's away when people took a loan from that bank.biggrin.png

For the Mbike Delta 200 (Loncin LJ200GY-2) I found that the link provided earlier gives a good and independent view of the motorcycle (http://www.mychinamo...JL200GY-2C-quot)

I'm pretty sure it's a M-bike Fly 125 , at the moment the uncle is working, but i will see i can post a pic of it to prove it.

from want i've understand there was a bank who was giving this M bikes fly 125's away when people took a loan from that bank.biggrin.png

basically a free toy with your happy meal .......:D

• Like 1

I finally read through the entire thread here --> http://www.mychinamo...JL200GY-2C-quot Worth a read if you have any interest in this bike. Thread really starts at post#39. The guy got very creative with mods using parts from all kinds of other bikes. After a few months the guy had only some moderate complaints. Claims an impressive 75mpg. I am trying to get him to post an update.

Some of the mods he did:

Hand guards

Customize seat

Chain guard

Chain guide

Digital Tach

Brake Fluid Cover

Custom passenger foot pegs

Different front fender

All stainless steel bolts

Handle bars

Gear shift lever

Brake and clutch levers

2011-09-16083118.jpg

2011-09-16083555.jpg

2011-09-16083104.jpg

2011-09-14181757.jpg

2011-09-18145108.jpg

2011-09-18155336.jpg

2011-09-18145032.jpg

2011-09-24170324.jpg

2011-10-29112101.jpg

2011-09-25131043.jpg

2011-09-25141827.jpg

2011-10-29105333.jpg

2011-10-29131238.jpg

Edited by NomadJoe

Just doing a little more digging..it would appear that the M Bike Enduro 200 shares about 95% of it's design with the Brazilian/Indian made/assembled Honda NXR 150 Bros (Brazil and Indian market) and Brazilian made Honda CRF 230L (USA market).

There are some obvious differences between the Honda NXR 150 Bros vs the MBike 200 Enduro besides the engine displacement...the MBike gets LED turn signals, a digital speedo, USD forks, and rear disk brakes. The Honda 150 is FI (flex fuel) while the M Bike (and the Honda 230L) are carbureted.

Honda NXR150 Bros

876551bb67fd8cc8183daed664085ce5.jpg

honda-nxr-150-bros-02.jpg

Honda CRF 230L

honda-crf230l_800x0w.jpg

A nice walk-around vid of the Honda NXR 150

Edited by NomadJoe

Popped round the Stallion shop again yesterday to throw a leg over the M Bike. Unfortunately they don't have one available for testing. I have to say, the seat is way more comfortable than the Lifan. During the Lifan test ride I found myself wondering what that Lifan seat would feel like after even a 20 minute ride. Overall the M Bike felt better ergonomically. After talking to the Thai guy from the thread above that has had one for 6 months with no major complaints, I think I might just have to buy one of these. The M Bike also has a 3 year warranty on the engine. Lifan only 2.

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzg3LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8bUGhvdG8wMzg4LmpwZw.jpg

200specs.jpg