Desperate For Apartment!

Looking for an apartment, no more than 15,000, utilities included.

Must have Kitchen and be furnished.

Must have highest internet speed (no 512 garbage) in room in bangkok (will pay for internet).

I'm dying here, none of the places I have looked at have h/s internet. They call 512 "Fast".

Anyone know of a place that can point me in the right direction. I have no idea about where anything is in bangkok or where to stay. Currently am staying at Bangkok City Suites on 1 Petchburi. I like the location along this street with Pantip plaza not too far away and cheap taxi's.

I am not looking for anything fancy (but will take it if its cheap), just need a bed, a hotplate, and highspeed.

Please help.

(p.s I looked on Mr. Roomfinder but they don't specify things like h/s internet in room and the locations mean nothing to me)

Liam

Looking for an apartment, no more than 15,000, utilities included.

Must have Kitchen and be furnished.

Must have highest internet speed (no 512 garbage) in room in bangkok (will pay for internet).

I'm dying here, none of the places I have looked at have h/s internet.  They call 512 "Fast".

Anyone know of a place that can point me in the right direction.  I have no idea about where anything is in bangkok or where to stay.  Currently am staying at Bangkok City Suites on 1 Petchburi.  I like the location along this street with Pantip plaza not too far away and cheap taxi's.

I am not looking for anything fancy (but will take it if its cheap), just need a bed, a hotplate, and highspeed.

Please help.

(p.s I looked on Mr. Roomfinder but they don't specify things like h/s internet in room and the locations mean nothing to me)

Liam

just curious...

how desperate are you to get the information you need? would you be willing to pay someone for this information?

there are many real estate agents in the city willing to help you for a small fee.

the other thing you could try, depending on how long you plan to stay, is get an apartment thats not too expensive, and then instal your own phone line, which will allow you access to high speed internet at very reasonable cost, starting from as little as 500baht a month upto perhaps 1000 baht a month. With some phone companies you may even be able to get a free (no cost) number!

good luck :o

Used to live at Krisda Mansion, suk soi 1. Had separate phone lines for ea apt (get your own adsl tho) full cooker, lotsa space, balcony, proper tubs even! Was 12,000 baht for a LARGE 1 bdrm and has a small pool/garden area. I can't recall the contact details but have it somewhere. Pop round there (or Aitch likely knows the skinny) If you're stuck like, pm and i'll dig it up.

PS, They were doing a reno when i left and it was a while ago, so they might have upped the price now.

Aitch likely knows the skinny

PS, They were doing a reno when i left and it was a while ago, so they might have upped the price now.

Not sure I know what the 'skinny' is B&S, you'll have to enlighten me on that one!

We did a price check around May of this year on Krisda Mansion and they gave us 16,000 THB/Mo for a studio of 45 SQM so either the prices shot up considerably after renovations or we were given incorrect details.

I believe they may have other room types available too.

Krisda Mansion

11/26 Sukhumvit 1 Soi Sukhumvit 1, Sukhumvit Rd., Klong Toey Nua, Wattana, Bangkok Wattana, 10100

Electricity Charge: 5 Baht / unit

Water charge: free!

Direct line confirmed.

Cable/satellite TV

Tel: 02-251-8480

Aitch

Can't see you getting much more than 512k on any connection regardless of what speed they quote it as, Thailands connection to the rest of the world isn't very large, its not like HK where a 10mb connection costs 1/2 as much as my 256kbps virtual leased line.

Not sure I know what the 'skinny' is B&S, you'll have to enlighten me on that one!

Aitch

Aitch, I was feeling a bit lazy in my reply I s'pose- meant you'd likely know the current price and contact # etc and turns out you've done the spade work as always :D BTW, they never had studios back then, just 1 and 2 bedrooms.

Kudos on a great site btw. I admire all the leg work you guys put into it and It's def going to be an icon, for sure!

:o

Aitch

Aitch, I was feeling a bit lazy in my reply I s'pose- meant you'd likely know the current price and contact # etc and turns out you've done the spade work as always :D BTW, they never had studios back then, just 1 and 2 bedrooms.

Kudos on a great site btw. I admire all the leg work you guys put into it and It's def going to be an icon, for sure!

:o

Thanks for the reply B&S. I'll check Krisda out over the next couple of days. I know that a number of landlords here tend to call a studio a 1 bedroom apartment, especially if they don't have any other room types available, but they don’t usually get it the other way around..

If Krisda Mansion didn't have any studios back along, they probably don't have any now, unless they've done extensive renovations on the place. Maybe we’ve got the wrong information from them.

In the UK, we simply call a studio a bedsit and that can't be interpreted into anything other than a single room, but we best go with the flow here and keep 'studio' as the standard.

BTW, thanks for the complements it is appreciated.

Regards

Aitch