Cherry'S

Pattel

Please... the service is amateurish. Comments about having to speak Thai to get good service or "knowing the staff" are just ridiculous.

Often the staff themselves cringe in embarrassment at their ineptitude. Bringing new courses out before you have finished your current one is frankly unacceptable and should have nothing to do with "knowing the staff" and "speaking Thai".

I know that I am not the only one who has experienced this.

As I wrote before; if it was not inexpensive, I would not go there.

I have never worked in a restaurant, but I would assume a problem as you describe is a problem with the kitchens timing...and nothing to do with the servers. And sure, sometimes dishes are served before the previous course is finished. This might be a cardinal sin in a Michilin 5-star establishment but in Pattaya, it's to be expected.

What are you talking? :) They have hot lamps. The food can wait there for a few minutes whilst you finish your course.

Then I'm sure you would complain that the food was dry because it was sitting under a hot-lamp before it was served. There is just no pleasing some people :huh:

Edited by FarangBuddha

The food is perfectly acceptable, but gourmet it isn't.

I have found very few non-Thai restaurants here that would qualify as "gourmet", including much more expensive ones.

Cherry's provide good quality food for a very reasonable price and the staff have always been very pleasant and helpful to me. However, perhaps, I am not as concerned about the food coming out at a certain time as you are. :)

Apparently not. :)

You seem to be taken this quite personally.

I've written that I also visit the place because it is inexpensive and the food is acceptable. But the service is atrocious, by european standards.

It is simply not acceptable when you are in the middle of your soup, for a waitress to be standing next to you with your main course. Once in a while it can happen, but this integral.

Please... the service is amateurish. Comments about having to speak Thai to get good service or "knowing the staff" are just ridiculous.

Often the staff themselves cringe in embarrassment at their ineptitude. Bringing new courses out before you have finished your current one is frankly unacceptable and should have nothing to do with "knowing the staff" and "speaking Thai".

I know that I am not the only one who has experienced this.

As I wrote before; if it was not inexpensive, I would not go there.

I have never worked in a restaurant, but I would assume a problem as you describe is a problem with the kitchens timing...and nothing to do with the servers. And sure, sometimes dishes are served before the previous course is finished. This might be a cardinal sin in a Michilin 5-star establishment but in Pattaya, it's to be expected.

What are you talking? :) They have hot lamps. The food can wait there for a few minutes whilst you finish your course.

Then I'm sure you would complain that the food was dry because it was sitting under a hot-lamp before it was served. There is just no pleasing some people :huh:

That comment says more about you than I.

The reason why I know they have hot lamps is because I have seen them using them when the restaurant was busy. The service was terrible then too, but at least they were busy, so there was an excuse.

No one complained about their food sitting there under the hot lamp, especially because they could not expect to cover so many diners without preparation.

So how about you stop writing rubbish and stick to the facts.

The floor manager and waitresses are not my friends. I go there to eat and I tip handsomely. But the service is poor.

Forgetting to tell new customers to help themselves to the salad bar, on many occasions, is poor. Repeatedly rushing courses also lessens the enjoyment. This impacts on the eating experience.

Every time I'm there the 'floor managers' apologise for the poor service. This is without me having to say anything. They know that it's ridiculous to be interrupted between courses, repeatedly. Though they also need to learn that a few minutes between courses is not a bad thing.

Anyway, it's relatively cheap and the food is, in the main, perfectly acceptable.... so I return.

Atrocious service in this place

TIT. At least the food is good and so are the prices.

Yeah... I'll take good food and prices over service any day.

Me too...which is why I continue to give it another go. ;)

Regardless of the service blunders, I still leave a generous tip.

You seem to be taken this quite personally.

I don't know. I did not say this (even though it was what I was thinking :D ) :

Edited by Ulysses G.

If we can't stop this petty bickering I will stop it for you by giving the next argumentative poster a holiday. Be warned!!

• 2 weeks later...