Choosing A Bank For Overseas Transfers

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good bank for transferring money overseas from Thailand. Primarily I'm transferring from Thailand to the UK but may do transfers to the US occasionally.

I have to have a bank account with Kasikornbank because that is where my salary gets paid but both times I've done a transfer, it has been hassle so I'm looking for an alternative!

All the recommendations on here focus around good service in Thailand and transfers into the country. In the ideal world, the bank would:

- allow overseas transfers via their internet banking (not sure if this is legal here)

- have low charges while still giving a good rate (again, I'm not sure if the rates are standard at all banks or if that's something they can compete on)

I know that both of these things may not be possible but, hey, I can hope! :o

I've heard that Bangkok Bank are pretty good for outbound transfers but does anyone else have a particular favourite?

Thanks!

Does anyone have a recommendation on a good bank for transferring money overseas from Thailand. Primarily I'm transferring from Thailand to the UK but may do transfers to the US occasionally.

I have to have a bank account with Kasikornbank because that is where my salary gets paid but both times I've done a transfer, it has been hassle so I'm looking for an alternative!

All the recommendations on here focus around good service in Thailand and transfers into the country. In the ideal world, the bank would:

- allow overseas transfers via their internet banking (not sure if this is legal here)

- have low charges while still giving a good rate (again, I'm not sure if the rates are standard at all banks or if that's something they can compete on)

I know that both of these things may not be possible but, hey, I can hope!  :o

I've heard that Bangkok Bank are pretty good for outbound transfers but does anyone else have a particular favourite?

Thanks!

I just started a new job last week and two of the guys there are using SCB to transfer funds from Thailand back to the US and Canda respectively via their online banking

I have Bank of Ayuthaya account which cannot do this so i will be heading to Siam Commercial this week to open the same account as my colleagues, and setting up the same system.

They claim it is very simple to do, though the amount transferred out of the country must be less that you are paying tax on, and when signing the form to set up the transaction you reason for sending must be family support. Therefore, unless you are paying tax, i guess it might not be possible.

Hope this helps. Ill give an update at the end of the week when im seeing my funds head back oversees where they belong!

I did a lot of searching for the best and found Bangkok Bank to be the cheapest and totally hassle free. This was in the Hat Yai branch, very straightforward and almost half the cost of transfers with some other banks