Berlin Air

peanut

Sorry it's Air Berlin not Berlin Air!

You can find all your answers here..

http://www.airberlin.com/site/agb.php?LANG=eng&RMT=&POP=1

2.2.3 The baggage allowance for baggage checked in is 20 kg per passenger unless otherwise stipulated in special

regulations

2.2.2 Cabin baggage must not weigh more than 6 kg without laptop (8 kg with laptop. The dimensions of hand

baggage must not exceed the measurements of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm. On account of space restrictions and

security, only one item of hand baggage per passenger is permitted

I flew back with them last September...

Direct flight from Dusseldorf to Bangkok for 220 euos -all inclusive-...

Nearly the same price than my 1st class train ticket from Brussels to Dusseldorf Airport -nice & cozy airport by the way-

They are very strict on baggage allowance... not even a few hundred grams more.

Regarding the service on board, it's no frills and only a glass of wine or a can of beer with the meal... it was 5 euros for each extra glasses.

I used AirBerlin a couple of times on the route Bangkok - Duesseldorf.

As lazygourmet said: no-frills service but if you get one of the low-priced tickets it is good value for money.

No personal in-seat-entertainment, average legroom. They offer extra-legroom seat for - i think - 60 Euro!! oneway.

One big plus is the one-way-pricing policy. You don't have to pay the same price for oneway or return like in most other airlines.

Another big point: it feels very safe (and is 100% safe so far ;-) ). German high standard of security and maintenance.

And the Sansibar Curry Sausage is very good too ;-)

Thanks all!

Well 20 kilos and some food for that price is not too bad, on Air Asia you have to pay to get even 15 kilos and any food at all...

Egypt air are cheap as well, I have been looking around the first week in June to LHR, and am getting quotes from their website of around 55,000 for 2 people. Checked Air Berlin and they are offering around 62,000baht, remember you also have to book your seat which is an additional 600baht per seat. And the Return has a long stopover in Dus.

Edited by beano2274

I used air berlin from dusseldorf to bangkok, about 1.5 years ago, we had no problem with 22 kg each, leg space was not to big, food was very good, we got a beer and a wine free, the next one we had to pay, all together for this price, good value

Thanks all!

Well 20 kilos and some food for that price is not too bad, on Air Asia you have to pay to get even 15 kilos and any food at all...

Egypt air are cheap as well, I have been looking around the first week in June to LHR, and am getting quotes from their website of around 55,000 for 2 people. Checked Air Berlin and they are offering around 62,000baht, remember you also have to book your seat which is an additional 600baht per seat. And the Return has a long stopover in Dus.

600 baht to book the seat? you mean you don't get the option to have one randomly assigned to you for free like with Air Asia?

The stopover actually seems to depend on the date - on some days it's only 1 hour or so.

Thanks all!

600 baht to book the seat? you mean you don't get the option to have one randomly assigned to you for free like with Air Asia?

The stopover actually seems to depend on the date - on some days it's only 1 hour or so.

People can book their seats online, therefore stopping the rush to get a good seat. Just think if you are traveling with someone and you don't book in advance, you could be sat at either ends of the plane for the whole journey