Residency Certificate And Certificate Of Family

Hello to all.

I am a US citizen here in Thailand. Tomorrow I am due to pick up my 1 year work permit. I should have my 1 year visa in the next week or so.

I am in the process of getting divorced in Italy, and I am told that I need a "Certificate of Residency" which shows that my residency is now based here in Thailand. Also, I need a "Certificate of State of Family" which has been described to me as a document that states that I either live alone, or with my family.

Can someone PLEASE help me understand how I could get these documents here in Thailand? I would be so grateful.

Thank you very much,

-Scott

A certificate of residence can be gotten fom either immigration, but I suspect not before you get an extension of stay there, or from your embassy.

A certificate of family is unknown in Thailand, as far as i know. Maybe the embassy can help you with this also.

You get the certificate of family from the Ampur. We had to get one when my wife applied for Thai citizenship.

Basically a letter stating all the members of the family and their vital statistics.

This could be the 'certificate' the OP has mentioned.