Working For An Insurance Co In Thailand

• 2 weeks later...

This is Thailand. They speak, read and write in Thai here. If you are Thai with good bi-lingual skills (Thai & English) I know many companies that would be strongly interested.

If you are an expat fluent in Thai, maybe. What are your insurance skills? Why should an insurance group hire you in Thailand?

Frankly, I think that you are going to be very disappointed in your job search. You might consider teaching English.

Pay NO attention to the naysayers here.

If you have the 'experience and skills' and know about the Thai Insurance market then..why not?? It won't be 'easy' BUT worth a try! :jap:

P.S : Also if you're also capably 'able' to point out the benefits of Thai Insurance versus western Insurance, even better I say! Good luck!

Edited by jingjingna

doubt you will get a permit to do that, they have perfectly good insurance people who are Thai nationals who would work for10-15k per month. maybe work as a broker, but then again all the brokers i know have been here years and built up the business on local knowledge and trust.

Most of these replys are correct. Out side of Bangkok, you probably wouldn't find a job. Maybe in Bangkok, if you can prove your a real super insurance salesman and willing to go after the ex-pat market.

Most of these replys are correct. Out side of Bangkok, you probably wouldn't find a job. Maybe in Bangkok, if you can prove your a real super insurance salesman and willing to go after the ex-pat market.

Thank you all ever so much for your illuminating replies. At least that has helped me to assess that it will be relatively easy to establish myself as a consultant without worrying about there being much competition.

Thanks

Thank you all ever so much for your illuminating replies. At least that has helped me to assess that it will be relatively easy to establish myself as a consultant without worrying about there being much competition.

Thanks

oh dear....

plenty of 'consultants' trying to flog all types of insurance and investment schemes to expats in Thailand.