Logmein - Remote Access

MisterMan

Ok I want to hire a virtual assistant to go over my quickbooks account. However I am on mac and they are on PC and when I send them the files it is not opening correctly so the accountant suggested logmein software. I downloaded but i certainly dont want him accessing everything .

Are these remote login things afe? There are a lot of tutorials and instructions to read but just thought I would ask now before I delve in.

Thanks.

The program that works for mac is http://www.logmein.com

The problem with Logmein is that you cannot limit what the person can access on the remote computer

I have been told that with Win7 there is an option called Hamachi that can be used to access specific drives

But seeing as you have a Mac, I would recommend for you to find a way to convert quickbooks from the Mac format to a PC format, rather than allowing anyone complete access to your computer

The problem with Logmein is that you cannot limit what the person can access on the remote computer

I have been told that with Win7 there is an option called Hamachi that can be used to access specific drives

But seeing as you have a Mac, I would recommend you to find a way to convert quickbooks from the Mac format to a PC format, rather than allowing anyone complete access to your computer

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I love logmein and use it to control my computer in the US and as far as I am concerned I feel that it is safe, but that is me controlling my computer from afar

If you have used 'pages' to write documents or keynote etc, there is an option to make them readable by MS office.. alternatively, get a copy of MS office from Pantip and convert the files first then send them

The issue with Logmein, Team Viewer and other RA software allowing the remote user to see all the underwear is due to most PC users setting up their PC with their User account and privileges the same as the PC Admin; a seriously flawed methodology that Microsoft don't really discourage when setting up a new installation. Use Windows account settings to configure a User that only has the directories and files that the remote access respondent needs to see.

I am not sure at all about Mac user privilege architecture, maybe the OP can tell if there's a similar method of 'user account' setup that limits PC access and then proceed more safely with RA software.