Anyone Know About Language Test "Certificate" For Uk Settlement Visa

hi guys

my wife just got the online results for the toefl test, ok thankfully but the score page doesn't really look like a certificate, the border agency asks for a test certificate. i called toefl in usa and they post out the results but it takes 4/5 weeks! and they say they don't provide a cert either, only a list of scores, probably same as online. we don't want to wait another month to apply. The question is does anyone know if the printout will be ok? i guess we can explain and if thats all they provide i assume it should be ok but i never assume stuff about them folks

cheers

My wife took her test I'n a college I'n the uk and certificate was provided to her on the day. As tou need the certificate to apply for indefinite leave to remain. The addresses for the test centres I'n the uk are on the ukba website I'm not sure if we are speaking about the same test as I know also that there were changes happening to some tests, good luck.

thanks bellboy but different thing, she's only doing for the settlement not the ILR yet, so not in the UK.

that sounds good bangkockney, seems the printed online report will do, yes we got that in 12 days but ETS website says for the posted report- "Allow 7 – 10 days for mail delivery in the United States and more than four weeks for other areas. We recommend that you take the test two to three months before your earliest application deadline." !

i don't like the way TOEFL was done, she could only use the ฿3 pencil provided to take notes and if it broke during the 15 seconds allowed listening you could only put your hand up and wait to be given another, she also couldnt hear the passages easily because of other folk nattering away very close, not so good, seems the smaller operations that have been closed down may have been better!

Bellboy, Leafmould is asking about the New English language requirement for visa applicants coming to join partners in the UK, which came into effect on 29th November last. This must be satisfied before submitting the initial visa application, and evidence of this must be submitted with the application.

The test for ILR/ILE is Knowledge of language and life in the UK. This can only be taken in the UK.

Bellboy, Leafmould is asking about the New English language requirement for visa applicants coming to join partners in the UK, which came into effect on 29th November last. This must be satisfied before submitting the initial visa application, and evidence of this must be submitted with the application.

The test for ILR/ILE is Knowledge of language and life in the UK. This can only be taken in the UK.

yup, thats right.

• 3 months later...

There are various approved test providers and they all appear to have different pass marks etc.

Where did your husband take his test?

Who was the test provider?

Did he receive a certificate of any sort, and if so what does that say?