latest on selling land. The guy who was buying land called my girlfriend and said he needs more time to close the sale. the problem is he agreed to pay the balance on the 2nd of June now he wants another 7 days. He paid deposit if he dose not compleat sale on the 2nd June should he lose his deposit. or should we wait to see if he will compleat the sale? ant thoughts? Pat

i think this man do not understand much t.i.t. anything is possible if your thai for a farang any thing you give to t.w.or t .g.is theirs and nothing to do with you,didnt you find out this before you gave the money away,my wife just bought some land ,from someone that lives in bkk,the deal was done with a woman that lives close by,the wife knows she made a profit,so your gf.mother should have added a bit on the asking price,if you and your gf didnt discuss this,you might as well be living in cuckoo land.

i think this man do not understand much t.i.t. anything is possible if your thai for a farang any thing you give to t.w.or t .g.is theirs and nothing to do with you,didnt you find out this before you gave the money away,my wife just bought some land ,from someone that lives in bkk,the deal was done with a woman that lives close by,the wife knows she made a profit,so your gf.mother should have added a bit on the asking price,if you and your gf didnt discuss this,you might as well be living in cuckoo land.

Me thinks Meatboy is not up to speed. We know anything is possible in Thailand. (and anywhere else for that matter)

Who said anything about to giving money away? I bought the land now i am trying to sell.

Where is cuckoo land?. I don't understand how your wife can make a profit by just buying land. I

think you have to wait until you sell. Only then you will know if you have made a profit or a loss.

Pat :jap:

Me thinks Meatboy is not up to speed. We know anything is possible in Thailand. (and anywhere else for that matter)

Who said anything about to giving money away? I bought the land now i am trying to sell.

Where is cuckoo land?. I don't understand how your wife can make a profit by just buying land. I

think you have to wait until you sell. Only then you will know if you have made a profit or a loss.

1st.possible if your thai,2nd you did not buy anything you gave the money to your tgf you cant buy land,3rd my wife bought the land from a woman in the village who made a profit acting as a agent for the seller your tgfs.mother will have done the same,its called a back hander,4th cuckoo land is also known as dreamland. i shall not repeat again,i shall not repeat again [love is blind] P.S PUT IT DOWN TO EXPERIENCE

1st.possible if your thai,2nd you did not buy anything you gave the money to your tgf you cant buy land,3rd my wife bought the land from a woman in the village who made a profit acting as a agent for the seller your tgfs.mother will have done the same,its called a back hander,4th cuckoo land is also known as dreamland. i shall not repeat again,i shall not repeat again [love is blind] P.S PUT IT DOWN TO EXPERIENCE

I am not sure what your talking about. you seem to be talking in riddles. do i have to repeat myself I DID NOT GIVE THE MONEY TO MY GIRLFRIEND. I paid for the land myself. PUT WHAT DOWN TO EXPERIENCE?

PS : Nothing to do with love we are talking business (Buying and selling land)

Edited by newbepat

i am sorry i have not replied sooner but i had not realised i had loged out,i dont know if you are up to date regarding farangs giving their tg money to buy land,it has been well published lately they could loose it and be in trouble,you say its a business deal are you registered as a property buyer,have you been reading what has happened to farangs over the past 30years what i now of,that is why i said the money you gave to your tg could be money that you cannot count as yours,i am sorry you have taken my replies the wrong way but you must realise t.i.t.like others have posted if you had shown on the back of the deeds you lent money to your tgf.you would have had claim to what you lent,but because you hadnt done this she can sell the land and say tooty by,it happens every day,lets hope she is as genuine as my wife marriaid 20years and never caught me once.

If family was not involved I would say sorry charlie you lose as he would do the same thing to you in a heartbeat, at the minimum you should tell him the deal is off (tear up the contract to nullify his ridiculous penalty) but if he comes up with the money in 7 days he will have to pay a premium on the original price. DONT BE SOFT !!! HE WOULD NOT BE IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT !!!

If family was not involved I would say sorry charlie you lose as he would do the same thing to you in a heartbeat, at the minimum you should tell him the deal is off (tear up the contract to nullify his ridiculous penalty) but if he comes up with the money in 7 days he will have to pay a premium on the original price. DONT BE SOFT !!! HE WOULD NOT BE IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE OTHER FOOT !!!

Thanks thunder,

g/f has told buyer contract no longer applies, and he loses his deposit. But she is giving him 8 days to pay the balance of the money

he agrees to that. i think thats fair. (did not think about a premium on the original price,)

The only problem for my g/f is he wants to pay in cash and she wants bank draft paid to my bank account

he does not want to pay for bank draft she said she will pay for draft He has agreed to that.

yes dealing with family can be difficult but Mother will get her commission I think she will be happy.

Regards