Ipad Madness

AndersSN

Wow! I guess my chances to pick one up on the weekend are reduced to zero.

I subscribed to a mailing list to be notified when the iPad 2 becomes available. They didn't even bother to reply...

Cheers, CMX

I subscribed to a mailing list to be notified when the iPad 4 becomes available. :D

Having a development team all the guys wish to change to develop Apple apps.... as Apple apps developers getting good $$$. Get the buyers,,,get developers... get the whole Pad market. The Apps are great and number of developments......as a unit compared in price to Netbook- not hot. PDA wise I think MS\Nokia combo will punch Apple out in the years to come. PAD wise windows still great on other PADs.... lots of competition for IPads, they just HOT for the moment now- 5 years who knows.

When you have all major websites designing especially for IPad, then u onto a winner. Apple the best thing to happen to up the competition in software Vs MS Vs Linus Vs all the others........ better for consumers yet more confusing overall for the NON tech head.

I was an apple hater until the ipad.

I think you can still hate them for their business practises, even if you use their stuff. I know I do.

Interesting pricing on the iPad I have to say, it costs pretty much the same as in the USA after converting to THB: 15,900 baht. Also interesting: the version that includes 3G phone connectivity is still cheaper than the iPhone!? Even though much bigger screen.

15,900 really is a good price, and can order online. Not that I'm tempted of course; at home a laptop is better, and on the road it's just too big.

My first two were Mac's then changed to Microsoft and they're both OK to me, just now I learned Bill Gates wants

so I'm thinking of going Mac again.

HUH..off topic why ? :huh:

iStudio will be getting a second shipment on the 13th...

I was at Airport Plaza on Saturday and only a few people at i studio. New supplies of ipad2 were expected at 11am that day and l could have bought one but l did not buy one as l am happy with my laptop and android phone

Edited by techno

I was an Apple lover until the iPad.

If anyone would like to buy my iPad1 top spec (cost 25,900) just a few months old little used and as new let me know I'll pay a bit more and get a small Macbook Air for the bike, bit bigger but hey.

Cheeryble

Part of the reason for the crazy queues is the resale potential - if you can turn around and sell the same thing for 1000 baht more to the next person, maybe you'd stand in line - thats an easy 1000 baht. Maybe even 2000. Same thing happening in China and elsewhere. Probably going to continue until supply matches demand.

Ordering online is clearly the way to go - that way you pay US price, and you don't have to stand in line.

Loving my iPad and iPad 2 - I have to say though that if you have an iPad, upgrading to the iPad 2 isn't really worth it. The back video camera is total garbage - I am really surprised to see that on an Apple device. A far cry from iPhone 4 quality. The front one, surely a good idea for Skype and so on but in day to day use, I've never actually used it. The far and away best innovation in the iPad 2 is that brilliant magnetic cover. It's pure genius.

Nokia is finnished :) sorry to say. I remember when Nokia phones were the coolest thing; around 10 years ago. They worked so well, they had all these nifty user interface features, yet even beginners could use them with ease... they were awesome. Unfortunately, innovation at Nokia pretty much stopped at that point; Symbian was always crap, and has remained crap until the end.

I gotta say I love my new Ipad and so does my daughter, it´s perfect for keeping her entertained in the car and it´s going to be a blessing when we fly home to Denmark later this month.

And yes it´s expensive and doesn´t play flash, but I don´t need it to.

Edited by AndersSN

• 3 weeks later...

I think you can still hate them for their business practises, even if you use their stuff. I know I do.

Interesting pricing on the iPad I have to say, it costs pretty much the same as in the USA after converting to THB: 15,900 baht. Also interesting: the version that includes 3G phone connectivity is still cheaper than the iPhone!? Even though much bigger screen.

15,900 really is a good price, and can order online. Not that I'm tempted of course; at home a laptop is better, and on the road it's just too big.

Yes you're right.

In my case I still love having the ipad but it isnt a replacement for a good laptop, its found its own niche in my daily life however.