Ji Net Failing Miserably

spacebass

I have been using Ji net dial up in Pattaya for last year, mostly OK , in the last few days I have been losing connection every 20-30 mins, and not being able to log in half the time for various reasons, server down, server not responding, invalid log in name (though connects later without changing anything), dead slow and stop response time, being connected , i.e. little computers at bottom right hand of screen, but cannot connect to any sites etc etc, is this the end of Ji net or am I suddenly doing something(s) wrong?!!! This is happening on both 1222 and local number at all times of day and night.

Edited by spacebass

You're not alone -- I, too, have been having the exact problems with JI-Net for the past three weeks. I'm not in Pattaya so this does not appear to be localized problem. I dread to see my 3-baht calls adding up to a whopping TOT bill...

It looks like it is time to switch to another ISP for my usual 30-day, unlimited surfing, TOT 1222 dial-up account ... any suggestions about alternative providers who (appear) to be more reliable off-late would be welcome.

I have been using Ji net dial up in Pattaya  for last year, mostly OK , in the last few days I have been losing  connection every 20-30 mins, and not being able to log in half the time for various reasons, server down, server not responding, invalid log in name (though connects later without changing anything), dead slow and stop response time, being connected , i.e. little computers at bottom right hand of screen, but cannot connect to any sites etc etc, is this the end of Ji net or am I suddenly doing something(s) wrong?!!! This is happening on both 1222 and local number at all times of day and night.

Edited by talatnat

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to TV talatnat. You could try Lox 30 day unlimited.

You're not alone --  I, too, have been having the exact problems with JI-Net for the past three weeks. I'm not in Pattaya so this does not appear to be localized problem. I dread to see my 3-baht calls adding up to a whopping TOT bill...

It looks like it is time to switch to another ISP for my usual 30-day, unlimited surfing, TOT 1222 dial-up account ... any suggestions about alternative providers who (appear) to be more reliable off-late would be welcome.

I have been using Ji net dial up in Pattaya  for last year, mostly OK , in the last few days I have been losing  connection every 20-30 mins, and not being able to log in half the time for various reasons, server down, server not responding, invalid log in name (though connects later without changing anything), dead slow and stop response time, being connected , i.e. little computers at bottom right hand of screen, but cannot connect to any sites etc etc, is this the end of Ji net or am I suddenly doing something(s) wrong?!!! This is happening on both 1222 and local number at all times of day and night.

:o I switched over to Ji-net dial up unlimited, as they have a special number for TT&T landlines: *999. OI, it's working better than 1222. I am thinking of trying Ji-net DSL mini @ 930 baht. Any news on that? I think the school children are learning to use computers now more and more and that makes the lines not work as before. I'm out at the edge of Thailand in Sa Kaeo and four new Internet game shops have opened in my wee village on Main Street. When the wee ones finish school the 1222 line is hopeless. The *999 with TT&T works better but but this is a low budget equiped company, you know?

• 2 months later...
For Ji-net unlimited with a TOT line, do you just dial 1222, or is there a local access number. (Such as an 038 in Chonburi Pattaya?)

I am in Jomtien. Is the 1222 always a FREE call nationwide?

The 1222 number costs 3 baht per call for as long as you remain connected. Be wary of the local access numbers -- even if the prefixes (such as 038 for Chonburi) match your local number, you may end up paying long-distance charges depending on how far the telephone exchanges (your local one and Ji-Net's Chonburi one) are separated. Somebody in Jomtien who has tried the Chonburi number should be able to tell you whether you'd be charged long-distance rates or not.

I used KSC after using those crappy 1222 numbers. Always worked well for me and even better than CRAPNET's 512kbps at times...I was fairly happy until recently when I was receiving less than 1% of the stated speed, 3.5kbps!!!

:D

day 2 ji-net unlimited...

conection 8times.they cut me out and out and fatal error ...

now i do some on the proxy... :D

but then > unlimited... no cut...

15days > 169baht...

bevor KSC 7days 109baht never problem,3diff. number's..

> cut off after 8hour's. but i think the best...

bevor t-net 30days 335baht never problem > cut off after 3hour's !!!

:o:D