Which Is The Best Business/First Lounge At Suvarnbhumi

If flying Emirates the lounge is very good at Suvarnbhumi with nice select of foods including sandwiches, salads and sushi and desserts and ice cream. They also have several wines and bar service.

The Thai Airways lounge looks great but the food has not changed in 20 years and I also don't understand why they don't serve wine and have also asked with no answer.

If flying Emirates the lounge is very good at Suvarnbhumi with nice select of foods including sandwiches, salads and sushi and desserts and ice cream. They also have several wines and bar service.

The Thai Airways lounge looks great but the food has not changed in 20 years and I also don't understand why they don't serve wine and have also asked with no answer.

Thai doesn't have any alcohol on their domestic flights or in their domestic Royal Orchid lounge either.... go figure.

Thai lounges for sure.

Singapore lounge nothing in comparisson.

If you are talking about the TG F lounge I agree, for the other lounges your statement is absurd. SQ lounge offers better food (ice creams) and drinks and is more cosy. The only negative point is that there are no restrooms inside. From the TG C lounges I would prefer the lounges in pier C, not the big "corridor" in D.

If flying oneworld the QF lounges are not bad too, especially the F one.

Can not comment on EK and would never fly this airline due to political reasons and human rights issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai business lounges have really dropped off over the last 5 years, the Thai first lounge is excellent but my favorite lounge now is the NEW Cathay business, excellent food and wines, free massage, internet etc etc etc...Qantas was really good until they allowed the Jetstar "star class" trash in there :whistling:

Thai business lounges have really dropped off over the last 5 years, the Thai first lounge is excellent but my favorite lounge now is the NEW Cathay business, excellent food and wines, free massage, internet etc etc etc...Qantas was really good until they allowed the Jetstar "star class" trash in there :whistling:

NEW Cathay lounge ? where is it located, the only one I know of is near gate D and I thought it very poor

I will be using the Emirates Business Class lounge next month for the first time.....what can I expect? Foodwise,Alcohol, internet.... showers?

thanks in advance

Foodwise they have hot stuff, cold canapes, soups, cheeses, chocolates, loads of goodies.

Boozewise they have beer, wines, spirits (lots of), champagne.

They have free wifi and quite a few dedicated internet PCs. Pretty sure they have showers too but I can't remember.

Compare to the TG Business Lounge where you can have a stale cheese sandwich and not a lot else.

• 3 weeks later...

Thai lounges for sure.

Singapore lounge nothing in comparisson.

The Thai lounge is nice and I have used the Cathay Pacific Lounge as well, both are nice places to relax, but as a OneWorld Green I am allowed to get into any One World Alliance First Class Lounge regardless of which airline I am actually flying and I have to say that the British Airways First Class Lounge is the Best out of all the lounges at the Bangkok Airport, they always have fresh food, both a hot dinner, salad, cheeses, wide selection of wine, soda or juices, tea or coffee, free wifi, and 3 large HDTV sets, one with the news, one with sports and one which you can change the channel. If only the First Class service back to London Heathrow was as good as the club, I might actually fly with them again.

When it comes to flying First Class, Cathay Pacific & Singapore Airlines are your best Long Haul airlines, but Cathay you need to get to Hong Kong first and SIA you need to connect down in Singapore. I find Thai Airways has really great service in business class, but I will never fly Bangkok to Los Angeles again until they either upgrade the plane or put a First Class section on the route.

Edited by DavidJAdams

First Class: TG no question. I always drool over their B&O TVs.

Business Class: I've only used SQ and QF. QF is actually quite okay but lots of bogans are there to be found (like said on earlier comments, StarClass peeps).

Will get to try Emirates first next month.. but I assume it's the same lounge as the Business class?

I'm not sure how many first class lounges there are at BKK; I've only ever used the TG Royal First Lounge (level 3, Concourse D, closer to the A/B/C intersection) and associated Royal Orchid Spa (across the hall). The service, environment and F & B options are exquisite. The Spa services; massage, steam, sauna are all fantastic. The LH FCT at FRA is still my favorite first class lounge, love the limo right to the aircraft, but this TG RFL is a close second.

For business class lounges I almost always use the TG Royal Silk Lounge, again level 3, Concourse D, adjacent to the RFL. It is fine, the food options have improved over the last year or so. The SQ lounge is OK (Concourse A/Level 3), I've only ever used for the AM departure to SIN, it can get cramped and no toilets, but the breakfast food options are good.

I'd add my vote for Emirates for best food, and it is clearly a head above TG's business class offering. That said, the seating and decoration is rather bland. Enjoy it while you can, because on your way back home, the Emirates lounge in Dubai is dreadful. It's huge, noisy, hard to find a seat and when you do, it will be the most uncomfortable seat you ever experienced in a business class lounge. It is really just altogether a very unpleasant place to spend more than an hour. Last time I was there, after arriving at 4:30 am for a four hour connection onwards, I had to queue five deep just to get a "seat" in the gents. But don't feel bad if you flew Emirates instead of Thai. The Star Alliance lounge in Dubai is equally bad, only smaller and more crowded.

I am rather baffled at the food service in TG's business class lounge, since most home-base lounges generally outdo themselves with food. It's mediocre at best, and most of the TG lounges outside of Bangkok do far better at food, even in the small but comfy business class lounge in KL. And one particularly annoying thing, being one who enjoys a cold pre-flight gin and tonic now and then: the TG lounge at Suvarnabhumi serves the cheapest, nastiest gin that can be bought in Thailand - Gilbeys, made in the Philippines. OK, so I am getting a bit off topic, but I read this amazingly accurate review of Gilbey's Gin, which begins:

If you were sent to prison, Gilbey’s gin would be your pine tree cell mate that won’t stop bugging you for smokes, telling what he’s going to do when he gets out, and talking about how he has a girl waiting for him on the “outside.” You just want to forget about him. And he just wants to keep reminding you of why you ever hated him so much in the first place.... The only thing I recommend mixing this gin with is whatever is at the bottom of the kitchen drain. Read the rest here: http://www.boozebasher.com/2007-08-03/gin/review-gilbeys-gin/

So if you are in the TG lounge, skip the gin and tonic and head over to their spa for your complimentary twenty minute foot or head/shoulder massage. The masseuses are really quite good and it's a very nicely done, quiet place to relax before leaving on your flight.

Before I became a cheap charlie retiree (I would never pay personally for a business class flight; I sleep too well in crap seats :rolleyes:) - and before my cards all turned from expensive hues of platinum and gold thru silvers to to plain blues and browns - I always considered Branson's lounges in New York and London to be without equal.

I do wish Virgin would fly closer than HK, I've still got several hundred thousands of miles to spend, courtesy of them refreshing my expiry date with some out of the blue birthday-gifted miles. What a gent the bearded wonder is!

Edited by SantiSuk

in one week i will be flying first class, return, with thai air for the first time to bkk from the uk. was a special deal, that cost just a little more than business. am looking forward to both journies.

• 2 weeks later...

Thai Airway's First Class lounge at home-base Bangkok is great and definitely the the best at Suvarnaphum! (had a chance to to try it out a few times)

In addition, on a world wide basis its only beaten out by Qatar...

World's Best First Class Airline Lounges http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2011/flounge.htm'>http://www.worldairlineawards.com/Awards_2011/flounge.htm

1 Qatar Airways

2 Thai Airways Int'l

3 Lufthansa

THE WORLD'S BEST AIRLINES : 2011 http://www.worldairlineawards.com/

Top 10 all in Asia-Pacific/Middle East (none in Americas or Europe)

1 Qatar Airways

2 Singapore Airlines

3 Asiana Airlines

4 Cathay Pacific Airways

5 Thai Airways International

6 Etihad Airways

7 Air New Zealand

8 Qantas Airways

9 Turkish Airlines

10 Emirates