Documents I Require For Visa Apllication.

Hi Guys,

My pregnant Fiancee and I were recently in the process of apply for a Fiancee Nisa for her to come and live with me in the UK.

Can somebody please give an idea of the exact documents I need as when we went to the VISA Application place in bangkok we realised we did not have enough.

She has all her relevent information but I need to know what I need??

Payslips, letter from my work, proof of residence, council tax documents??? Are all these necessary and what else do I need?

I gather I need to contact a goverment department to get a stamped certificate to prove i am not married. Please can somebody give me some contact details?

Any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks,

Chris

There is no precise list of documents, as individual circumstances vary. However, you should provide at least:-

Evidence of your finances; e.g six months bank statements, pay slips or similar.

Evidence of where you will be living; a description to show it is big enough. If you will be living with friends or relatives then a letter of invitation from them. Proof of ownership or, if renting, a landlords letter granting permission for her to live there.

Evidence of contact between you both; phone records, e mail headers etc.

For more ideas see Guide to supporting documents.

I gather I need to contact a government department to get a stamped certificate to prove i am not married. Please can somebody give me some contact details?

If marrying in the UK then you need to register your intention to marry at a designated registry office. However, both of you need to attend so you cannot do this until she is in the UK. See Marriage and civil partnership: your legal obligations.

If marrying in Thailand then Thai law says you need to sign an affirmation of freedom to marry and have it notarised at the British embassy. For this you will need to provide evidence that any previous marriage has ended. See Guidance for British nationals wishing to marry in Thailand.

If you are in Thailand, then I would recommend marrying there and applying for a spouse visa rather than applying for a fiance visa and then marrying in the UK; it's cheaper. See this post.