Uefa Throws Weight Behind Blatter

SuperGers

Apparently after the world cup 2022 was "awarded" to Qatar, :whistling: , Blatter was asked who his favourite Qatar player was. He replied "Eric Clapton". :D

Personally I thought the last world cup stank. For me the tournament was a disaster, thanks mainly to Adidas and their useless ball. From the opening shot of every game of the referee picking up the Adidas (copyright, trade marks, blah blah), ball, it seemed just like watching the corporate sponsorship takeover of the game I love. The refereeing was atrocious, FIFA (Blatter), still refused to think about using technology to iron out problems, (obviously the makers of the equipment have never been to Thailand - they need educating in "Tea Money"). That <deleted> ball spoiled every game - why does the ball need to change every world cup ? Other than it makes even more money for Adidas. Most of the world's recognised leading players had tournaments to forget. One of the few highlights, the ladies in orange, were heavily criticised for a bit of fun, but unfortunately it upset one of FIFAs corporate sponsors. :blink: How on earth did this bunch of self-righteous nonentities take over the beautiful game ?

As for UEFA throwing their weight behind FIFA, it's another set up. Obviously Blatters lapdog Platini, envisages himself taking over when Blatter goes, so he won't rattle the cgae at the moment. these cretins are ruining football, "For the love of the game" ? <deleted>. :annoyed:

Apparently after the world cup 2022 was "awarded" to Qatar, :whistling: , Blatter was asked who his favourite Qatar player was. He replied "Eric Clapton". :D

Personally I thought the last world cup stank. For me the tournament was a disaster, thanks mainly to Adidas and their useless ball. From the opening shot of every game of the referee picking up the Adidas (copyright, trade marks, blah blah), ball, it seemed just like watching the corporate sponsorship takeover of the game I love. The refereeing was atrocious, FIFA (Blatter), still refused to think about using technology to iron out problems, (obviously the makers of the equipment have never been to Thailand - they need educating in "Tea Money"). That <deleted> ball spoiled every game - why does the ball need to change every world cup ? Other than it makes even more money for Adidas. Most of the world's recognised leading players had tournaments to forget. One of the few highlights, the ladies in orange, were heavily criticised for a bit of fun, but unfortunately it upset one of FIFAs corporate sponsors. :blink: How on earth did this bunch of self-righteous nonentities take over the beautiful game ?

These cretins are ruining football, "For the love of the game" ? <deleted>. :annoyed:

Edited because I accidentally used heavy drinkers line about Platini being Blatters lapdog - my apologies - it's been a rough day today, been building shelves !!:D

As for UEFA throwing their weight behind FIFA, it's another set up. Obviously Blatters lapdog Platini, envisages himself taking over when Blatter goes, so he won't rattle the cgae at the moment. these cretins are ruining football, "For the love of the game" ? <deleted>. :annoyed:

fine rant and agree with much of it, particularly that appalling adidas ball at the last world cup - but platini isn't blatter's lapdog, people need to get their heads around this. he 'supports' blatter at the moment because he simply has to. to challenge sepp right now would be suicide, platini doesn't yet have the political capital or allies to take him on. platini does not like blatter though, make no mistake about that. he's just waiting because he has no other choice.

like the clapton gag too by the way.

i don't really agree with this and don't know where platini gets this reputation for being in thrall to blatter. platini's actually done a pretty decent job with uefa and one thing he can't be accused of is being corrupt.

Much of the allegations against Platini stem from the fact that it is 'well known' that he supported the bid for Qatar to host the 2022 finals. Most people reckon a right minded 'footballer' would never possibly vote to have the finals in a country in the middle of summer with the heat at 50 degrees C.

The story goes he was 'persuaded' or 'ordered' by Sarkozy to vote for Qatar because he had lined up a number of important industrial contracts between Qatar and french companies and you can see in the links below. (More specifically several multibillion contracts for Alstom to provide power generating equipment for nuclear power plants in Qatar.)

The link also provides a 'nice' story about how Qatar have agreed to build a soccer academy in Thailand. Certainly beats the FA paying Peter Withe's salary to manage the Thai Soccer team eh?

My view is that the whole organization is rotten to the core. Line them all up and shoot them all is far easier than trying to work out exactly what little games of corruption they have been up to while accumulating their billion dollar funds. Stevie just thinks Platini is working 'within' a system worth saving - it isnt.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/609941-sports-journalist-asserts-corruption-in-qatars-winning-world-cup-bid

Edited by Abrak

After that press conference the pathetic little man gave the other day, you would imagine any one with intelligence would have thought surely we can do better than him.

But hey Barcelona gave a majestic display at Wembley so that makes everything in FIFA just dandy. :blink:

From the Soccernet website

Grondona, president of the Argentinian FA and head of FIFA's finance committee, said: "We always have attacks from England which are mostly lies with the support of journalism which is more busy lying than telling the truth. This upsets and disturbs the FIFA family.

"To present such a project as David Bernstein presented is like shooting a penalty because it cannot be always from the same place that the insults and problems come from.

"I see it at every Congress. They have specific privileges with four countries having one vice-president. I don't know what our president has said, but we have seen the World Cup go around the world, to South America and Africa and it looks like this country does not like it.

"It looks like England is always complaining so please I say will you leave the FIFA family alone, and when you speak, speak with truth."

In an interview with a German press agency on Tuesday, Grondona called England "pirates" and added: "Yes, I voted for Qatar, because a vote for the US would be like a vote for England, and that is not possible.

"But with the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left."

article_Footer3.jpg