100,000Bt Per Sq Mtr Condos In Cmai...

jayinoz

There is talk take some complexes have hit the 100,000bt per sq mtr mark.

I have never seen or been told which Condos. What would these top Condos possibly be?

Sure 100k per sq mtr in Silom BKK is regular but CMai...come on where possibly?

Most higher class condos still 20-30K bt per sq mtr from what I researched this year in over 10 complexes. Same as 2005 when I had a couple being rented out- growth been a shocker yet yield been good, 7-8+%.

Growth should follow higher yields IMO. Thoughts?

Cheers Jay

Hillside still approx 25K bt on true sales price... most owners will naturally disagree here. I know a half dozen between HS 4 and 5 in this range to offload. Still yiels very good- so growth follows as a general rule.

Interesting to see that although say you got a 2 Mio condo 5 years ago, currency wise you can be up 40% by selling for same sum. Many do not take that into consideration IMO. Up Us dollar (Plus other majors) compared to bt---Up Condo prices IMO in general.

Cheers Jay

Currency exchange can work both ways. It would be more likely to work against you now. I was a buyer at 40 to the Dollar, and then when I brought my money back in 2008 it was 32.5, and prices had dropped tremendously here in the States. I was looking in CNX last fall. Chom Doi was about 650,000 for 30m. I do like CHiangRai Condotel for 420,000 for 35 sm, but the jury is still out on the cracks in the concrete. I really liked Galae Thong, which was junk, but it's been fixed nicely--but there are problems with foreign quota there. When I looked at Hillside (across from Kad San kaew) the cheapest was a corner, boiler view for 850,000. There was one at Vien Ping for 550,000. Traffic on Niman is atrocious. Saw one in Kanchanaburi for 150,000--on the RR tracks, near a hospital, 7-11, and a bank. Lots of condos here in Phoenix for 10,000 per sm, Jay--rent return is 3 x better than CNX. Most women have arms bigger than mine, though, and sometimes I would give my left hand to be back in CNX, with a beautiful girl riding by on her motorbike approximately every 3.7 seconds.

Edited by Thighlander

^ Were you just looking or did you buy .I like Chom Doi ,the round building ,47 sqm .The Ving P . although cheap looks run down and smells badly .

chomdoi is appalling - I advise no one to buy there - full of cheap students and bad management

I think the lowest end is the Sritana, behind the Shell, and some others over by the train station. I also looked at Muang Than Thani in BKK and another one for 370,000 near Ekami. ChiagnRi Condotel wa sthe classiest, but again--those darn earthquakes and cracks.

Bangkok Bank properties for sale--thai only

They won't pay for outstanding moobaan fees, and some of the bank execs may have gf living in them.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok%20Bank%20Thai/About%20Bangkok%20Bank/About%20Us/Properties%20for%20Sale/Properties%20for%20sale%20Main%20page/Search%20Properites%20for%20Sale/Pages/Main.aspx

Here is one advertised here. Mass transit......http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-for-sale/urgent-big-discount-cheapest-unit-at-lpn-laksi-ramintra-99126.html

Edited by Thighlander

I think the lowest end is the Sritana, behind the Shell, and some others over by the train station. I also looked at Muang Than Thani in BKK and another one for 370,000 near Ekami. ChiagnRi Condotel wa sthe classiest, but again--those darn earthquakes and cracks.

Bangkok Bank properties for sale--thai only

They won't pay for outstanding moobaan fees, and some of the bank execs may have gf living in them.

http://www.bangkokba...Pages/Main.aspx

Here is one advertised here. Mass transit......http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/real-estate/apartments-for-sale/urgent-big-discount-cheapest-unit-at-lpn-laksi-ramintra-99126.html

The government Condos are good deals and easy to rent near Rimping Meechok.

I been offerred 2 bed 2 bath for 300k... then rent out for 4000bt pm---- nice yield after cost of approx 10-12%... need to grab about 10 of these to be worth it. Well maintained for Thais- very working class Condos- not top class by any means. Yet great yields to the average Thai working class. Far bit of work to maintain and collect for 10 Condos as opposed to 1 luxury.... for same price. Yet luxury yields in CMai only approx 7%. Would you put in the effort for the extra 5%- maybe.

Some Farangs setup a Co Ltd and building own 50 Condo place.... approx 1 Mio each for 50sq mtr farang style will be good deals. Naturally the Co Ltd is 60% owned by Thai as per the rules... the PLUS for them is the Thai investors are in the government... trying to invest in this but they pretty organized and set.... Opening in Mid 2012... great idea- 1 Mio for 50 mtr is too low for NEW IMO.

Cheers JAY.

In Chiang Mai, like Pattaya, there is now alot of condo building going on. You can find some under 1m Bt. but the room size is very small in the 25 sqm - low 30's sqm As a per sqm price goes, hard to find anything new under 35,000 Bt a sq.m and most now are in the mid to upper 40's per sq.m and some even more.