Using K-Cyber Banking From Abroad

I've been using Kasikorn's K-Cyber Banking for a year and fairly recently accessing it from UK for online money transfers. To do anything you need the automatic SMS containing codes, but I'm not getting any....so I can't do anything online! Back in December they did arrive instantly so online banking was no problem. Has something changed?? Is there any other way round it apart from the SMS route?

To get the SMS I use my Thai SIM on roaming. Still get the usual AIS promo SMS through, but none from Kasik.

will they send the code number to a UK or a USA number ?

BK

I believe it has to be a Thai number.

Update.... It HAS to be a Thai number. To change the mobile number on your account profile you have to complete a form and take it to a branch. You can download the form and the mobile number box is part pre-filled with "08".

Edited by cardholder

If abroad you can change your security setting from the OTP to a two password setting.. then no SMS but you must enter second password to confirm transaction.

Login to Cyberbanking, then go to "Profile Setting" tab on the right. Then go to "security Password Setting" and follow instructions there.

If you are now set up for OTP, to make this change you must be somewhere you can receive OTP SMS to confirm the change.

Edited by bjohn34

My friend had the same problem. After talking to the call centre we discovered the problem was he had to manually select the network that AIS had an exchange agreement with. As soon as he did this there was no problem. :D

If abroad you can change your security setting from the OTP to a two password setting.. then no SMS but you must enter second password to confirm transaction.

Login to Cyberbanking, then go to "Profile Setting" tab on the right. Then go to "security Password Setting" and follow instructions there.

If you are now set up for OTP, to make this change you must be somewhere you can receive OTP SMS to confirm the change.

Indeed, I think you have to receive the OTP to access your profile.

Edited by cardholder

Here's an update guys:

I think the last poster was right....SMS won't come through to Thai number on roaming unless it's on the "agreed" network. My phone could only connect to T-Mobile or O2. I got roaming service but no SMS because (I think) it had to connect to Orange. Couldn't do that.

So...

Call Kasikorn customer services who will set you up with a ONE TIME OTP sent to your registered email address instead. You have to use it the same day before midnight Thai time. Then go into Profile, Security Settings, enter the OTP code and change to a PIN2. Thereafter you will always be able to log in and perform transactions using just an extra PIN....no SMS required.

A word of warning: with a PIN2 you CANNOT add a new payee account instantly. You will need to print out and email back a form and wait up to 3 working days. That seems the only negative so far.