Thaksin Makes Promises.

Lite Beer

Thaksin uses Skype to make promises

By The Nation on Sunday.

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday said he had a project in store that would help bring unity among Thais and that the country would no longer be divided by political colours.

Thaksin was speaking during a one-hour speech through Skype to address a seminar panel at Sai Net market in Bangkok's Khan Na Yow district attended by Pheu Thai Party MPs.

"I have this project in my mind but I am not going to speak about it now because this government is a copy cat and is equipped with state budget for advertisement. They have even copied my first home project. So I will announce this project during the last corner in the run-up to the election,'' he said.

Thaksin, whose government initiated the One Million Baht Village Fund, said in order that money reach the grass roots, the fund should be increased by Bt1 million for each village.

He attacked the Abhisit government for its failure to stem rising prices, causing low-income earners to suffer.

"The government does not understand the suffering of the poor because government leaders have never faced economic hardship. They only talk to large traders. If I were them I would call a meeting of giant traders such as CP and Sahapat Group to discuss prices in order to get to know the real cost and bring about fairness to retailers and consumers."

He said the root causes of economic problems include the fast-changing world economy, the failure to bring about truly free trade, and corruption of politicians and state officials.

To solve the economic problem that people earn low income but prices keep rising is to have debt moratoriums, Thaksin said, adding that he supported the project to build more markets and stop street hawkers initiated by Khunying Sudarat Keyuraphan when she was in office.

"We must give back pedestrians their walk path and increase markets."

Thaksin will today make his speech through Skype to the Pheu Thai Party seminar panel in Khlong Toei.

Meanwhile, Pheu Thai Party Bangkok MP Anudit Nakhonthap said election campaign signs of the party in 50 districts of Bangkok have been removed. He accused state officials of not being neutral and keeping the election campaign signs of some parties.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-08

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I believe him.

But then, I believe anyone who makes promises on Skype. Especially when they say they're crazy about me, when we haven't even met. Man, I hope my credit card works.

godammit VISA, don't protect me from myself. This one is GENUINE! I can feel it. In any case, what possible reason would they have, to lie...?!

Are any of the pt hierachy or local politicians or hopefuls making any poliical speeches?

Or is it just the paymaster? Well I guess not surprising seeing that he's famous for his me only, everybody else do do as your told, don't ask questions and don't dare get out of line, style of leadership. And after all he owns the party so I guess he's entitled to do all the talking.

And of course, another "I have a new project in mind, but I'll tell you the details later". The list grows.

Tell him to send back the dozen medals and royal commendations that he was told to return. Then we'll send him some soiled gym socks to stuff in the mouth which repeatedly claimed; 'I'm through with politics!'

He attacked the Abhisit government for its failure to stem rising prices, causing low-income earners to suffer.

Why can't he just come to Thailand to make his two years in prison now?

Beside that my wife had attacked me when I'd told her that my friend had said that her niece is not a politician, but a good liar. :jap:

Are any of the pt hierachy or local politicians or hopefuls making any poliical speeches?

Or is it just the paymaster? Well I guess not surprising seeing that he's famous for his me only, everybody else do do as your told, don't ask questions and don't dare get out of line, style of leadership. And after all he owns the party so I guess he's entitled to do all the talking.

And of course, another "I have a new project in mind, but I'll tell you the details later". The list grows.

And where's yingluck? I guess we see her after he's (repeat he's) won the election then she appears and works as the ventriloquists doll.

The good thing is we know that the Thailand and its good honest people will never allow this blowhard back into their country and more importantly into their political echelons :whistling:

I see the whistling smiley face, so I assume you're whistling dixie when you wrote that. Sometimes I wish I were a Thai citizen. Then I could run for elected office. I would win, simple - cause all I'd have to do is.......

>>>> promise forgiveness of debts, particularly to farmers

and

>>>> everyone will make a lot more money with me in elected office.

Oh, almost forgot, I'd have to get appointed by one of the big party machines, and in order to get that appointment, I'd have to be from a rich and powerful family. Oh, and I'd have to be a graduate from University (the same Thai style Universities where every student graduates, no matter what). Oh well, I guess having Thai citizenship is not enough to run for office.

The good thing is we know that the Thailand and its good honest people will never allow this blowhard back into their country and more importantly into their political echelons :whistling:

I see the whistling smiley face, so I assume you're whistling dixie when you wrote that. Sometimes I wish I were a Thai citizen. Then I could run for elected office. I would win, simple - cause all I'd have to do is.......

and

Oh, almost forgot, I'd have to get appointed by one of the big party machines, and in order to get that appointment, I'd have to be from a rich and powerful family. Oh, and I'd have to be a graduate from University (the same Thai style Universities where every student graduates, no matter what). Oh well, I guess having Thai citizenship is not enough to run for office.

and have Chinese heritage!!! or actually be Chinese :o

Part quote: "....... Thaksin, whose government initiated the One Million Baht Village Fund, said in order that money reach the grass roots, the fund should be increased by Bt1 million for each village. ......."

So can anybody share how a bigger vilage fund (increased by one million per village), will (because it's bigger) ensure that it reaches the grass roots people.

Or is this an admission that for the first one million village fund (in many cases, not all) the funds never went past the kamnan and his/her leeches, and probably including some upways graft with some of the money going to the local trt politician?

It's well known that the first one million was, for many villages, not spent wisely, and there's plenty of examples of villages where the village hierachy all got new pick up trucks, all villagers got new mobile phones, etc etc.

The mother of one of my Thai sons friends was on the original highest level ministerial committee for the first fund, she quickly resigned in disgust. Quickly because she wanted out before there was any chance of her committee being criticised for not taking remedial actions where needed.

20fw2n8.jpg

Thaksin: I'll suck Thai people's blood dry... (his last promise) I swear. oh Buddha !!!, I mean it.....

this's the best shot i've ever seen.

love it.

has everyone seen this one? this fugitve at the airport:jap:

some said the gov. can't bring him stand trial for corruption cos' Red will come out again aggressively and violently. that is uncontrollable.

old classic thing.!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-124005-0-03024700-1304820751_thumb.

Edited by dunkin2012

I don't understand why Thaksin is promising the farmers and taxi drivers credit cards.

Why would they need them if they are all going to be rich in six months anyway??

Guess that they can pay using their credit cards when they and their Mia Nois are going shopping..........:jap:

"I have this project in my mind but I am not going to speak about it now because this government is a copy cat and is equipped with state budget for advertisement. They have even copied my first home project. So I will announce this project during the last corner in the run-up to the election,'' he said.

He's bang on about that. The Democrats have merely copied his populist policies.

I call he will be PM within 5 yrs! or within 6 months with one of his puppets

Many posters here underestimate just how popular he still is in the North and North East especially. They may get a shock when the election results are announced. Then again, if the military has done its job properly there will be nothing to worry about.

He's bang on about that. The Democrats have merely copied his populist policies.

They continued some of Thaksin's policies, including improving some of them. No government comes to power and cancels all previous government policies.

Many posters here underestimate just how popular he still is in the North and North East especially. They may get a shock when the election results are announced. Then again, if the military has done its job properly there will be nothing to worry about.

Being popular in the North and North East will not give the PTP the majority to form government.

"I have this project in my mind but I am not going to speak about it now"

oohhh... guessing games. Fun.

I'm thinking of a word...8 letters... starts with "B" and ends with "T"

"The government does not understand the suffering of the poor"

But he sure does as he cruises at 40,000 feet in his 1.5 Billion Baht intercontinental Bombardier Global Express

globalexpress_4.jpg

he supported the project to build more markets and stop street hawkers initiated by Sudarat Keyuraphan when she was in office

He also supported her lies and cover-up when she was in office as the Bird Flu Minister. :bah:

They continued some of Thaksin's policies, including improving some of them. No government comes to power and cancels all previous government policies.

Being popular in the North and North East will not give the PTP the majority to form government.

i fear that the outcome will be in the opposite way.

i don't mean i disagree but i don't understand the Thai politic.

Edited by dunkin2012

Tell him to send back the dozen medals and royal commendations that he was told to return. Then we'll send him some soiled gym socks to stuff in the mouth which repeatedly claimed; 'I'm through with politics!'

During the Somchai administration, we were assured by none other than the current Red Shirt Suspected Terrorist Out On Bail...

He still has not complied with the law that he himself signed... :bah:

Thaksin willing to return royal decorations

The Nation - October 13, 2008

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will likely agree to return all of his royal decorations if required to by law, Government Spokesman Natthawut Saikua said yesterday.

If Thaksin fails to appeal the Supreme Court's guilty verdict and two-year jail sentence against him in the Ratchadaphisek land case, the Knight Grand Commander (Second Class, higher grade) of the Most Illustrious Order of Chula Chom Klao would need to be recalled.

A PM's Office decree endorsed by then-PM Thaksin in August 2005 gives eight criteria for the recalling of royal decorations, including if a person is convicted by the highest court and ordered to serve time in prison.

EPILOGUE: Thaksin DID fail to appeal his guilty verdict, but has never complied with the recall law he himself signed.

Do not underestimate the stupidity of the masses, especially when they are being promised credit cards, debt moratoriums, free money, etc, etc, etc.

If Thaksin really thinks he can return to Thailand, he is seriously deluded.  Even if the Phua Thai won a clear majority, as soon as they started to work towards whitewashing the criminal fugitive, the PAD would be back on the streets, and even then, I would not discount another coup to prevent his return.

So, Thaksin coming back... not a chance.

Maybe, in a pine box.

and

that's an interesting point, i really would like to know which of the members of the actual government doesn't have chinese blood, cuz in wikipedia is written that abhisit family are akka chinese :unsure:

that's an interesting point, i really would like to know which of the members of the actual government doesn't have chinese blood, cuz in wikipedia is written that abhisit family are akka chinese :unsure:

D_amn. Well at least k. Abhisit is British and k. Thaksin Montenegrian ;)

....uhm....yeah...

buying a pig in a poke.....that's what it is.

and maybe that's what it is going to be or rather have to be.

is there anything in thai language that applies analogously to that?

uhm wait, just speak it out loud....apparently one or two farmers would understand the meaning of it.

TiT

This is a man who is banned from taking part in Thai politics. He is a fugitive, wanted by the (Thai) law. His Thai passport has been revoked. And yet he is able to address the Thai nation again and again by video links, telephone and the internet without a legal finger being lifted against him.

He is Thailand's most wanted criminal! Block his broadcasts. Jam his networks. Cut the electricity to the buildings where he is openly flaunting the law and breaking it. HELL - even I can buy a mobile phone signal jammer via the internet.

The Thai government is either utterly useless and full of hot air or there is a very solid undercurrent of support for Taksin. If not, why would so many Thai politicians and government ministers allow him to cause them all to lose face in such a big way?

R

Many posters here underestimate just how popular he still is in the North and North East especially

Many posters underestimated how much he is *hated* in the south. You know how many seats they hold down there? You know why?

post-35987-0-52849200-1304816973_thumb.j

The faithful patiently await the arrival of The Beloved Leader at Swampy

post-31219-0-31879500-1304834382_thumb.j

More dyed in the wool Thakins fans, waiting skittishly at Swampy, for Thaksin to return and give them a good fleecing.

Edited by animatic

This is a man who is banned from taking part in Thai politics. He is a fugitive, wanted by the (Thai) law. His Thai passport has been revoked. And yet he is able to address the Thai nation again and again by video links, telephone and the internet without a legal finger being lifted against him.

He is Thailand's most wanted criminal! Block his broadcasts. Jam his networks. Cut the electricity to the buildings where he is openly flaunting the law and breaking it. HELL - even I can buy a mobile phone signal jammer via the internet.

The Thai government is either utterly useless and full of hot air or there is a very solid undercurrent of support for Taksin. If not, why would so many Thai politicians and government ministers allow him to cause them all to lose face in such a big way?

R

Not to mention his national access via the network of 7,000 illegal radio stations broadcasting to local communities throughout Thailand.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/thailand/8474713/Thai-police-close-down-dissident-radio-stations.html

R