Thaksin Makes Promises.

Lite Beer

This is a man who is banned from taking part in Thai politics. He is a fugitive, wanted by the (Thai) law. His Thai passport has been revoked. And yet he is able to address the Thai nation again and again by video links, telephone and the internet without a legal finger being lifted against him.

He is Thailand's most wanted criminal! Block his broadcasts. Jam his networks. Cut the electricity to the buildings where he is openly flaunting the law and breaking it. HELL - even I can buy a mobile phone signal jammer via the internet.

The Thai government is either utterly useless and full of hot air or there is a very solid undercurrent of support for Taksin. If not, why would so many Thai politicians and government ministers allow him to cause them all to lose face in such a big way?

R

Not to mention his national access via the network of 7,000 illegal radio stations broadcasting to local communities throughout Thailand.

http://www.telegraph...o-stations.html

R

Not a good idea to block him would not look good........

It would appear the government is simply ignoring him.........probably a smart idea

Pity there are those not quite soo smart who insist on keeping him in the limelight on internet forums.........:)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is a man who is banned from taking part in Thai politics. He is a fugitive, wanted by the (Thai) law. His Thai passport has been revoked. And yet he is able to address the Thai nation again and again by video links, telephone and the internet without a legal finger being lifted against him.

He is Thailand's most wanted criminal! Block his broadcasts. Jam his networks. Cut the electricity to the buildings where he is openly flaunting the law and breaking it. HELL - even I can buy a mobile phone signal jammer via the internet.

The Thai government is either utterly useless and full of hot air or there is a very solid undercurrent of support for Taksin. If not, why would so many Thai politicians and government ministers allow him to cause them all to lose face in such a big way?

R

Not to mention his national access via the network of 7,000 illegal radio stations broadcasting to local communities throughout Thailand.

http://www.telegraph...o-stations.html

R

Not a good idea to block him would not look good........

It would appear the government is simply ignoring him.........probably a smart idea

Pity there are those not quite soo smart who insist on keeping him in the limelight on internet forums.........:)

Ah . . . I get it! Thailand's most-wanted criminal but taking steps to uphold the law would not look good. Better to ignore him and hope he goes away. I get it now :unsure:

R

Ah . . . I get it! Thailand's most-wanted criminal but taking steps to uphold the law would not look good. Better to ignore him and hope he goes away. I get it now :unsure:

R

The govt is being made to walk a tightrope. If they block him next thing is Amsterdam will have the international tabloids in a "silencing the opposition" frenzy, yet letting him speak is making a complete mockery of the law. The promises of this "economic genius" are very revealing, however. Just when the world is still reeling from giving cheap debt away, he's promising more of it to those that don't know any better in the hope of getting elected. He might be Thailand's greediest, but he's smart enough to recognise it's a trait shared by many of his fellow countrymen.

The Democrats however should be taking much more of an offensive on the political front. All what I've seen so far is more of the Cambodian border spat, and some of Suthep's "wise words" regarding the HRW report. They need to get a clue very quickly.

and have Chinese heritage!!! or actually be Chinese :o

that's an interesting point, i really would like to know which of the members of the actual government doesn't have chinese blood, cuz in wikipedia is written that abhisit family are akka chinese :unsure:

D_amn. Well at least k. Abhisit is British and k. Thaksin Montenegrian ;)

well that's another point, how is it possible that one guy holding british nationality,who was born in british soil,and that was ellected by the parlament , not by the people, can work as PM in a nation in which holding two nationalities is prohibited by law, and btw,thaksin is holdin' a montenegrin passport just cuz the thai government don't want to renew his thai passport,in the other hand abhisit in holding british nationality cuz he wants :(

well that's another point, how is it possible that one guy holding british nationality,who was born in british soil,and that was ellected by the parlament , not by the people, can work as PM in a nation in which holding two nationalities is prohibited by law, and btw,thaksin is holdin' a montenegrin passport just cuz the thai government don't want to renew his thai passport,in the other hand abhisit in holding british nationality cuz he wants :(

Being a citizen of two countries is not illegal in Thailand.

Abhisit is a British citizen because he was born there. He didn't really have much say in that. He doesn't appear to have actually used his British citizenship while he's had it.

Thaksin chose to buy his Montenegrin citizenship because he was running from the law. He could have quite easily come back to Thailand to serve his jail sentence, or even appeal his sentence.

Abhisit was elected by the people. That's how he became an MP. Then a majority of MPs in parliament elected him as PM. Standard practice for parliaments based on the Westminster system. You should read up on it.

Funnily enough, that's how all previous PMs became PM (except the ones appointed after a coup of course).

that's an interesting point, i really would like to know which of the members of the actual government doesn't have chinese blood, cuz in wikipedia is written that abhisit family are akka chinese :unsure:

He doesn't hold a British passport. Are you familiar whatsoever with the election system? It's not dissimilar to the UK. People vote for party representatives in their constituency, and the majority party (or in both cases presently for Thailand and the UK, a coalition that makes a majority) elects their leader. That's the rule, however many reds seem too ignorant to understand that.

He doesn't hold a British passport. Are you familiar whatsoever with the election system? It's not dissimilar to the UK. People vote for party representatives in their constituency, and the majority party (or in both cases presently for Thailand and the UK, a coalition that makes a majority) elects their leader. That's the rule, however many reds seem too ignorant to understand that.

Except when Samak and Somchai were in power. Seemed to make perfect sense to them back then.

Misinformation, in Thailand two nationalities are possible (nationality act 2001), but only one is active.

All PMs are elected by parliament.

Holding two nationalities are not prohibited by law. Nor is it a prohibiting factor to becoming PM.

Abhisit was given British citizenship 'by force' since he was born on British soil. Thaksin voluntarily bought one from Montenegro. I know which one looks worse for most Thai people.

Holding two nationalities are not prohibited by law. Nor is it a prohibiting factor to becoming PM.

Abhisit was given British citizenship 'by force' since he was born on British soil. Thaksin voluntarily bought one from Montenegro. I know which one looks worse for most Thai people.

abhisit was given british citizenship by force but if he wants he can stop being a british ctizen with a very simple act :renunciating to the britsih nationality, he doesn't do so cuz having british citizenship is very usefull, expecially if you are a corrupt PM who has not do anyting but increase the debt of this country , plus inflation, plus the price of living, and if you read carefully the thai nationality act you will see that in thailand you can't hold two citizenships, if you get another citizenship you must to reounce to your thai nationality,and if you are a farang you are expected to renounce t you previous citizenship after you get the thai one,the problem is that in the real life almost nobody do so, and dont get me wrong, i am not a thaksin supporter , but definitly i dont like abhisit,one guy who has been in power for almost a complete term and hasn't done anything good, i am hoping for somebody who improve he economy and bring to an end all this boring story of red shirts vs yellow shirts vs democrats:)

Fremann you should go back and read that section of the law again.

Abhisit it not technically required to renounce foreign citizenship that he has had from birth. The law DOES however preclude Thaksin from holding office in Thailand.

I, as a farang. may have to renounce citizenship elsewhere should I adopt Thai citizenship. That law, however, would mean nothing to the USA which would still count me as a US citizen.

Thaksin accepted other passports before his normal Thai passport was revoked. It wouldn't matter though, Thaksin as an adult chose to foreswear his Thai citizenship.

abhisit was given british citizenship by force but if he wants he can stop being a british ctizen with a very simple act :renunciating to the britsih nationality, he doesn't do so cuz having british citizenship is very usefull, expecially if you are a corrupt PM who has not do anyting but increase the debt of this country , plus inflation, plus the price of living, and if you read carefully the thai nationality act you will see that in thailand you can't hold two citizenships, if you get another citizenship you must to reounce to your thai nationality,and if you are a farang you are expected to renounce t you previous citizenship after you get the thai one,the problem is that in the real life almost nobody do so, and dont get me wrong, i am not a thaksin supporter , but definitly i dont like abhisit,one guy who has been in power for almost a complete term and hasn't done anything good, i am hoping for somebody who improve he economy and bring to an end all this boring story of red shirts vs yellow shirts vs democrats:)

So having British citizenship is useful, especially if you are a corrupt PM. The sentence before just happens to mention k. Abhisit been given British citizenship. I guess that will mean you will not be charged with defamation, lucky you. Mind you, most of your post is on k. Abhisit, who is NOT known for being corrupt.

Just rambling along, are we? :ermm:

Edited by rubl

Cor, you've certainly been taken with all the red rhetoric! Are you aware of the world financial crisis 2 years ago, which under the current government, Thailand seems to have weathered quite well, compared to the economical boom when Khun_T was PM, where his stealing was more easily concealed.

Cor, you've certainly been taken with all the red rhetoric! Are you aware of the world financial crisis 2 years ago, which under the current government, Thailand seems to have weathered quite well, compared to the economical boom when Khun_T was PM, where his stealing was more easily concealed.

but mustn't forget he's "not a thaksin supporter"... :rolleyes:

So having British citizenship is useful, especially if you are a corrupt PM. The sentence before just happens to mention k. Abhisit been given British citizenship. I guess that will mean you will not be charged with defamation, lucky you. Mind you, most of your post is on k. Abhisit, who is NOT known for being corrupt.

Just rambling along, are we? :ermm:

dude the fact that he's not known as a corrupt PM doesn't mean that he isn't one, and by the way ,having the british citizenship will allow him to get out from thailand in case of having any kind of problemwith the justice,and you soun racist when you said that abhisit is better than thaksin just cuz he has thai citizenship,that mean that for you one british citizen is better that a montenegrin one,that's so sad.....:(

There's alot of talk about Thaksin's video links, Skyping etc etc. As one member pointed out, banning Thaksin's calls would play into the hands of characters like Robert Amsterdam who would claim Thaksin's rights were being infringed. Frankly, I believe the government and the Election commission are biding their time watching and waiting for Thaksin to dig his hole so deep all they need to do is fill it in with him in it.

He's a banned politician, fugitive on the run from Thai law, holding a foreign passport, directing the main opposition party in a lead-up to an election. Time will tell. There will be some interesting days ahead closer to the election date.

BUchholz, certainly i ain't a thaksin supporter, in fact i dont want him back, but i dont like abhisit neither, i would prefer to see the PT forming a government(i don't think they will be alloud to) than having abhisit as second term PM.B)

Thaksin uses Skype to make promises

By The Nation on Sunday.

Fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra yesterday said he had a project in store that would help bring unity among Thais and that the country would no longer be divided by political colours.

This thread must just be a figment of imagination.

It was revealed today that they decided last month that Thaksin wouldn't use Skype or video conferences... except for Red Shirt rallies.

Thaksin stops Skype during election period

BANGKOK, MAY 8 2011 (NNT) - According to its leaders, the Pheu Thai Party is aptly prepared for the electoral campaign. The party will start to distribute party policies on VCD’s for the people.

During the 23 April meeting at Thammasat University Rangsit Campus convention center, approximately 200,000 copies were distributed in total, 375 to MP regional candidates, each with 100 copies.

The move is intended to maintain former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra’s popularity among voters.

In a meeting of Pheu Thai’s Board of Advisors, Mr. Thaksin and 111 former Pheu Thai executives as well as 37 former People’s Power Party executives discussed strategies for the electoral campaign and concluded that Mr. Thaksin’s Skype conferences in the Khlong Toei community will no longer take place.

Alternatively, the ‘War on Drugs’ scheme will still be upheld considered that it was once a forte of Mr. Thaksin, and an ongoing priority of the Democrats, which will highly influence the outcome of the election.

In addition, after a clear hint of parliament dissolution by PM Abhisit Vejjajiva, Mr. Thaksin has terminated video conferences during the campaign as stated and will focus on supporting his MPs for the election instead.

All means of establishing party policies through Skype will also be ceased, however it will still be connected to the red shirts in regional provinces.

The scope of the conference will involve the issue of the 91 deaths claimed during the UDD protests in April and May of 2010.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-05-08 footer_n.gif

BUchholz, certainly i ain't a thaksin supporter, in fact i dont want him back, but i dont like abhisit neither, i would prefer to see the PT forming a government(i don't think they will be alloud to) than having abhisit as second term PM.B)

Unfortunately k. Thaksin thinks and PTP does. One goes with the other, no choice. Start looking for a third person :ermm:

Unfortunately k. Thaksin thinks and PTP does. One goes with the other, no choice. Start looking for a third person :ermm:

you know what, i gonne step down this boat, thai politics are a mess, and at the end it doesnt matter what the members of this forum want to occour cuz we just can't decide which one will the result of the polls be ,so i just gonne let it be ,and wait for it, i think that this is gonne be my last post about politics and politicians, so good luck to all of you and hope the best for you :jap: .

Alternatively, the ‘War on Drugs’ scheme will still be upheld considered that it was once a forte of Mr. Thaksin

"forte"??? is that what the PTP are calling it?

World English Dictionary

forte

— noun

1. something at which a person excels

I suppose when it is considered in the context of being the worst human rights abuse in decades, Thaksin did "excel".... in a negative way. :bah:

Edited by Buchholz

In a meeting of Pheu Thai’s Board of Advisors, Mr. Thaksin and 111 former Pheu Thai executives as well as 37 former People’s Power Party executives discussed strategies for the electoral campaign

No mention of current Pheu Thai Party members being involved in the discussion of Pheu Thai Party strategies....

Just those that are banned from politics and those who have resigned from the Party will determine what the Party's politics will be.

Sounds reasonable. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

*Edit. Noticing the 111 number, perhaps they meant to report 111 former Thai Rak Thai executives. If that's the case, then Pheu Thai Party politics will be determined by people that aren't even former Pheu Thai Party members.

btw, I can understand the reporter's mistake. It's difficult to keep all the different Thaksin proxy parties properly sorted.

Edited by Buchholz

Thaksin uses Skype to make promises

I guess he forgot about the promise not to use Skype.

mai pen rai... it's another "honest mistake"

Thaksin stops Skype during election period

During the 23 April meeting at Thammasat University Rangsit Campus convention center,

In a meeting of Pheu Thai’s Board of Advisors,

concluded that Mr. Thaksin’s Skype conferences

will no longer take place.

you know what, i gonne step down this boat, thai politics are a mess, and at the end it doesnt matter what the members of this forum want to occour cuz we just can't decide which one will the result of the polls be ,so i just gonne let it be ,and wait for it, i think that this is gonne be my last post about politics and politicians, so good luck to all of you and hope the best for you :jap: .

goodbye..........