Retractable Awnings In Isaan?

Ricci

hi,

i am looking for a supplier or manufacturer for retractable awnings in Buriram or Surin province.

Korat would be great too.

in particular i am looking for a fabric "markise" style awning, attached to the wall. with a crank handle.

any ideas?

thanks

There should be some already installed, where you are .If so talk to them. In Ban Kluat (in Buriram) and surrounds, a pick-up trundles by quite regularly with all the bits and pieces on board and does the job, on the spot.As does a plumber and glazier. If none in your immediate area ,go to the nearest bigger settlement and make enquiries

Have not seen that type in Buriram, There are some people who have similar things for sale on their pick up Trucks, as they travel the country.

But I did see the same thing you looking for in HOME PRO in BKK. May want to try thir website to see if Korat has it

We needed a couple of drop down shades for our Westward facing home. My wife saw a pickup driving through the village, stopped them and led them to the house. Within one hour we had them installed and operational.

They were from Khon Kaen and we live about 150 kilometers from KK. They apparently drive around until they get stopped and then perform their magic.

Suggest you have your wife put the word out. Something will likely come of it.

thanks for the response.

the travelling shade sellers, yes, they pass through our village.

when my wife asked them about the shade design, the two guys shook their heads and said that they've never heard of THAT kind.

i don't want the "bamboo-stick-attached-90-degrees-to-the-wall" version with those heavy dark blue mats.

i've googled a lot and it seems that those awnings are more common in the northwestern area.

i will check Buriram to get more info.

thanks again

Edited by Ricci

The kind of awnings we have are green in color, fabric not bamboo and roll up and down after they were affixed to the eave of the roof.

Don't know anything about the bamboo type.

Agreed, I am referring to fabric type. My suggestion to the OP is to talk to any of the thousands of shops in his local area or nearest town that have them ,and ask where they got them from .But the pick up DOES trundle around about once a month.