Purachai's Rak Santi Party To Field Candidates In All Bangkok Constituencies

webfact

Rak Santi Party to Field Candidates in All Bangkok Constituencies

The founder of the Rak Santi Party has pledged to field candidates for all 33 constituencies in Bangkok, while denying claims that his party is a nominee for the Pheu Thai Party.

Rak Santi Party Chairman, Police Captain Purachai Piumsombun said his party will send candidates to run in each of the Bangkok constituencies in the upcoming poll.

However, Purachai said the party will not field candidates in all upcountry constituencies.

He added that the Rak Santi Party will add color and push for creativity in Thai politics by encouraging new candidates to compete in the race.

The party's campaigns are said to promote unity, morality, environmental awareness, international relations and sacrifice.

Purachai vowed to sack any party member who is involved in vote-buying activities, even if there is no official verdict by the Election Commission.

Concerning alliances with many other major political parties, the former interior minister stated that the tide may change soon as nothing in politics is certain.

Purachai insisted the Rak Santi Party is not a nominee of the Pheu Thai Party as has been claimed in recent rumors, adding that his party wants to be the people's new choice.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-05-09

footer_n.gif

Purachai vowed to sack any party member who is involved in vote-buying activities, even if there is no official verdict by the Election Commission.

If he is for real he will end up with no voted memebrs left then since every " respectable " canditate in Thailand is involved in this practice.

If he is for real he will end up with no voted memebrs left then since every " respectable " canditate in Thailand is involved in this practice.

Respectable candidates ? They would be a minority group in this country yes no ?

"We cannot put up with Purachai's behaviour - blaming others and praising himself - any longer," a source close to Thai Rak Thai said yesterday.

That was on Thu, 2003-12-18 in "The Nation"

Here is the full article not available anymore on "The Nation" archives but duplicated from Asian Tribune.

I don't think they will win any seats, all they have his Purachai's charisma from years ago, and now he looks old. It reminds me of when the famous lookthung singer, Sayan Sanya tried to make a comeback. He failed, and so will Rak Santi in my opinion.

This party is a nightmare for the Dems. Hopefully they get enough BKK votes to swing a few more seats to PT.

I beg to differ. This party and especially k. Purachai may be a nightmare for farang who still remember k. Purachai's ideas and activities in the early 2000's under TRT. New social order, tourist come for temples and culture, etc. Feared by fellow TRT MP's because of rigid standards on corruption. Described after a while as 'not a team player'. Marginalized and not returned in 2005.

Regarding possible votes in the same league as NPP, or in other words 'why bother' ;)

This party is a nightmare for the Dems. Hopefully they get enough BKK votes to swing a few more seats to PT.

I beg to differ. This party and especially k. Purachai may be a nightmare for farang who still remember k. Purachai's ideas and activities in the early 2000's under TRT. New social order, tourist come for temples and culture, etc. Feared by fellow TRT MP's because of rigid standards on corruption. Described after a while as 'not a team player'. Marginalized and not returned in 2005.

Regarding possible votes in the same league as NPP, or in other words 'why bother' ;)

I beg to differ for another reason. This party will attract the type of people who would never vote Democrat, were thinking of voting PTP, but don't really want to support a blatant "bring back Thaksin" party. It may therefore split the PTP vote.