Petrol Prices And Cars Km/1L Or Mpg.

In view of the petrol prices topics have been on Kilos/1 Ltr etc.

Out of interest what car have you guys owned that did the least to the Ltr / gallon.

Moons ago my was a Jag 3.4 S. 10 or 12 to 1 UK gallon, 2.2 km or 2.6 to 1 Ltr. Ouch !!

Edited by Kwasaki

How things have changed. My MK2 1600 Cortina did about 24 to the gallon, V6 Volvo 16 ttg :bah: around town, the 7ltr Pontiac 6 ttg, OK it was a race car on the street but ..........:bah:. :D

6 ttg UK, thats the worst so far 1.3 Km to 1 Ltr.:blink:

MRO the Skyline, you surprise me with that I guess it was down to the twin turbo's eh !

R33 Skyline GT-R, 900 WHP, 2'ish km/l ;)

eek.

You have that thing here?

I guess its a toss up between my current S6: 6 to 7 km/l and the VC Holden SLE I had in Aus.

In Aus do they go by UK gallon or US gallon.??

R33 Skyline GT-R, 900 WHP, 2'ish km/l ;)

eek.

You have that thing here?

I wish - but no :(

Well, sometimes I wish, heh. By the time I got rid of it I was glad to see it go, but up until recently I had been in TH and HP starved for so long that I had started missing it :D

MRO the Skyline, you surprise me with that I guess it was down to the twin turbo's eh !

Yeah twin turbo, and more than the car's value again in mods. Was almost impossible to drive it in traffic due to no power at all before boost, but it was lots of fun out on the track and the open road ;)

In Aus do they go by UK gallon or US gallon.??

Aussies and Kiwi's by fuel by the litre, and specify fuel ecomony in Litres per 100km. They also specifiy power in kW - you know, like the way you'd spec a fridge or a TV or a washing machine .. :D

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

1963 Chevy II, 454 .060 over, 14.5 to1, open-chamber aluminum heads, Super T-10 4-speed, 4.88 geared 12-bolt

Never figured the mileage, but it was pitiful.

Lots of fun tho' - if you could keep it on the road.

Had to retire the car as the torque twisted the body so bad, even with it reinforced.

MRO, what's stopping you from getting a Cefiro Turbo here?

I saw a vid on YoutUbe the other day of a twin turbo 1UZ Cefiro.

Looked pretty badass.

The same reasons I was glad to see the R33 go -when pushing them hard they're a ton of fun and a massive adrenaline rush, but as soon as you stop pushing them they quickly turn into the last car you'd ever want to be driving.

These days I'd forsake 3-5 seconds on the 1/4 mile and the extra money for something that's nice to drive at all speeds. I must be getting old :( Either that, or cars have come such a long way since then ;)

MRO, what's stopping you from getting a Cefiro Turbo here?

I saw a vid on YoutUbe the other day of a twin turbo 1UZ Cefiro.

Looked pretty badass.

The same reasons I was glad to see the R33 go -when pushing them hard they're a ton of fun and a massive adrenaline rush, but as soon as you stop pushing them they quickly turn into the last car you'd ever want to be driving.

These days I'd forsake 3-5 seconds on the 1/4 mile and the extra money for something that's nice to drive at all speeds. I must be getting old :( Either that, or cars have come such a long way since then ;)

You don't have to have a ragged right-on-the-edge race car do you?

How about an A8?

How about an A8?

Currently driving my Cayenne S Hybrid (got it in April) - 0-100 in 6.5s, 1/4 Mile in mid-14's - not R33 quick, but roomy, comfortable, quiet and still fast compared to what I've been getting around in for several years in TH, heh ;) - (it gets 10.5-11.5 km/l so far for those interested)

Have been eyeballing used R8's.. from time to time there's some V8's going very cheap (well, relatively), but I think I'll wait until I get bored with this first ;)

How about an A8?

Currently driving my Cayenne S Hybrid (got it in April) - 0-100 in 6.5s, 1/4 Mile in mid-14's - not R33 quick, but roomy, comfortable, quiet and still fast compared to what I've been getting around in for several years in TH, heh ;) - (it gets 10.5-11.5 km/l so far for those interested)

Have been eyeballing used R8's.. from time to time there's some V8's going very cheap (well, relatively), but I think I'll wait until I get bored with this first ;)

Ah, a Cayenne Hybrid nice.

An R8 huh? What do you think of the S5? Not bad either and can be had for about 5mil. The R8s go for about 8-10 now, right?

What I don't understand is why almost every exotic nowadays is white. Looks plain boring.

1963 Chevy II, 454 .060 over, 14.5 to1, open-chamber aluminum heads, Super T-10 4-speed, 4.88 geared 12-bolt

Had to retire the car as the torque twisted the body so bad, even with it reinforced.

That sounds like some real mean machine, I guess it was more like how many Litres to the Kilo.:D

And the same thing with motorbikes why do we do it. why not !!! B)

An R8 huh? What do you think of the S5? Not bad either and can be had for about 5mil. The R8s go for about 8-10 now, right?

What I don't understand is why almost every exotic nowadays is white. Looks plain boring.

The Cayenne Hybrid uses the S5 Sportback's supercharged V6 (with a 300Nm electric motor), so how could I not like it? hehe :D

Most of the R8's online are selling for 8-10M yes, but I've seen a private sale as low as 6.7M, and a few private sales in the low-mid 7's now. The Gallardo V10 powered one is obviously the one you'd really want, but haven't seen any fire-sales on those yet :(

Agree - white on exotics makes no sense - it hides all the lines and makes a $200 wax look like $2. If you've got a premium paintjob without all the orange peel you may as well show it off ;)

Sounds like the ET would have been about 13.5 on the 1/4 mile.

A little better than that - never had it on the strip, lived over 1000 miles from the closest one.

At a guess - low 12's

Car only weighed 2200 lbs - best as I could figure.

No such thing as too much Horsepower.

Check out Sonny's Racing Engines !!!

I drive a lot. Just got a Nissan March. Changed the wheels and tires. Weekly drive CM - BKK or Pattaya for work. With the A/C going and the BIg Fat tires I get 19.2 km/l

It's good when It rains, and when I need to carry the family.

When I want some fun, and to beat everyone else, I am on one of my bikes, and still getting better than any car out there

I drive a lot. Just got a Nissan March. Changed the wheels and tires. Weekly drive CM - BKK or Pattaya for work. With the A/C going and the BIg Fat tires I get 19.2 km/l

When I want some fun, and to beat everyone else, I am on one of my bikes, and still getting better than any car out there

Right, But this thread wasn't about how good your FE is, but rather how bad it is ;)

We all know that the March gets reasonable FE, and a proper motorcycle is faster than your standard Thai pickup truck.

If you want to make an impact in this thread, tell us about how you just shoehorned a VR38DETT into your March, tweaked it to 1000HP and now get 1km/L ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

The Cayenne Hybrid uses the S5 Sportback's supercharged V6 (with a 300Nm electric motor), so how could I not like it? hehe :D

Most of the R8's online are selling for 8-10M yes, but I've seen a private sale as low as 6.7M, and a few private sales in the low-mid 7's now. The Gallardo V10 powered one is obviously the one you'd really want, but haven't seen any fire-sales on those yet :(

Agree - white on exotics makes no sense - it hides all the lines and makes a $200 wax look like $2. If you've got a premium paintjob without all the orange peel you may as well show it off ;)

I am sure you know your own car, but I thought the S5 was a 354hp V8 and that the B8 S4 is a SC 3.0 V6?

About having white on multimillion baht cars: Just goes to show that many people with money have NO taste or personality.

Right, But this thread wasn't about how good your FE is, but rather how bad it is ;)

We all know that the March gets reasonable FE, and a proper motorcycle is faster than your standard Thai pickup truck.

If you want to make an impact in this thread, tell us about how you just shoehorned a VR38DETT into your March, tweaked it to 1000HP and now get 1km/L ;)

:clap2:

:clap2:

Check !

I am sure you know your own car, but I thought the S5 was a 354hp V8 and that the B8 S4 is a SC 3.0 V6?

About having white on multimillion baht cars: Just goes to show that many people with money have NO taste or personality.

The S5 sportback and cabrio use the supercharged V6 (333HP/440Nm), and word is that the coupe's V8 (354HP/440Nm) gets replaced with the supercharged V6 later this year for 20% better FE (and same acceleration numbers due to reduced weight)

seedy. A good chassis setup is worth much more than HP. :)

True. But I got the chassis out of the dump, the 454 came out of a wrecked pickup that an American tourist rolled on the Top of the World highway, 12 bolt I had from a previous project, along with the 4 speed.

Was just a winter project, rolled it out mid-April when the snow was off the highways - still in the ditches tho'

Stuffed in a new roller cam, bored and installed pistons, ported the heads a bit myself, and slapped it together. Ripped all the interior out - door panels, headliner, everything.

Used old driveshafts from the dump for side pipes, 1" water pipe to stiffen up the unibody. Still had a 2" gap between the top of the RH corner of the windshield and the roof by fall time. But lots of fun - and many-many sets of rear tires.

Had a friend in Whitehorse who bought a Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 - twin turbo 6-speed. It was a nice handling car.

Although the Jag I had didn't do much to the gallon, it was not just powerful in acceleration for a car of it's time, the ride was luxurious owing to the suspension, I have never ridden in anything other than a Roller that could compare or in anything of today.

I never thought about finding out what sort of top speed it did at the time but remember went over a 100mph quickly (160 kph).

A little better than that - never had it on the strip, lived over 1000 miles from the closest one.

At a guess - low 12's

Car only weighed 2200 lbs - best as I could figure.

No such thing as too much Horsepower.

Check out Sonny's Racing Engines !!!

Easy 12's, light car and 4.88 rear, if the clutch was happy :). Had an alloy T10 in my ride, blew it to pieces :o, TH400 for ever after. :D

TH400 for ever after. :D

I am a slush-box fan now too - altho' I lean toward 4L80E, a 4-speed electronically-controlled TH400 with extra low first gear.

You can get a stand-alone computer to run the trans, program whatever you want it to do. The low first rids you of the need to use deep rear gears.

Plus you can use a trans brake - no more need for a Line Loc