Thaksin's Sister Yingluck Declares Her Pheu Thai Candidacy

webfact

some of you guys are such shallow hypocrites

so who cares about the future of Thailand as long as its leader is attractive to look at?

some of you would be the same people that gave Palin any credibility...........

You are absolutely incorrect, this ladies caboose is much more admirable.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has she released her birth certificate? How about her college transcripts?

"Kentucky State University is the traditionally and predominantly Black University of Kentucky" (University's description). I only bring this up as I am impressed at Ms. Y's openness to cultural awareness and experience! I would not have expected that. She's got a little soul in her- you go girl!

(do i need to add the sarcasm smiley?)

Absolutely you need to as in the current discussion it will be easily misinterpreted

sarcasm.gif

Ah, the other Manolo Blaunik has dropped.

We knew it was coming.

Hard not to look elegant if you have a nearly bottomless expense account for shopping at stores 'your constituents' can only enter for the airconditioning.

And to burn down to the ground.

A return to democratic rule, AND a pretty face? Thank you, Lord!

Wonder if it'll still be a "pretty face" when she has a nervous breakdown during a televised debate with Abhisit.

Or is she too pretty for that?

Wonder if it'll still be a "pretty face" when she has a nervous breakdown during a televised debate with Abhisit.

A televised debate is not going to happen. I do not think she would stand a chance in a debate with Abhisit. The loss of face would be huge.

Yeh, a great video will spring up some where..:lol:

yinglakchin.jpg

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra

Beautiful, intelligent and elegant Yingluck Shinawatra, sister of former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may well become the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand if the rumours within the main opposition party in the Kingdom materialized.

to me she looks like the bitch from hell..... i hope for all Thais sake that takky sin has made a very bad tactical error if he makes her the proposed p m

Amen, or should I say Awomen.

Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel, Golda Meir, Indirah Ghandi, Benazir Bhutto, Curazon Aquino.

Just a few.

You surely meant your comment as a joke?

But agrreing to the somewhat sexist implications, me too would be much distracted from a discussion with this lady.

This is a compliment to good looks ;)

Anyhow there is still this rumour that beauty and brains are not a good match :whistling:

A televised debate is not going to happen. I do not think she would stand a chance in a debate with Abhisit. The loss of face would be huge.

Agreed. In the long and proud tradition of TRT/PPP/PTP, a succession of candidates never debated (despite numerous offers to do so) from Thaksin to Samak to Somchai.

Yeh, a great video will spring up some where..:lol:

yinglakchin.jpg

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra

Beautiful, intelligent and elegant Yingluck Shinawatra, sister of former Thailand Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra may well become the first woman Prime Minister of Thailand if the rumours within the main opposition party in the Kingdom materialized.

to me she looks like the bitch from hell..... i hope for all Thais sake that takky sin has made a very bad tactical error if he makes her the proposed p m

If she is anything like her brother I wonder if in the future we'll get to see her in Playboy's tribute to female despots. I'd buy the issue.

How could Thailand elect the sister of a wanted man who is trying to rule Thailand for another country? If she is elected, what happens to Thaksin.

1. Returns to Thailand

2. Is exonerated of his conviction

3. Has still-pending charges squashed

4. Has his seized 43 Billion Baht returned to him

5. Has his banned-from-politics status lifted

6. Constitutional amendment removing 8 year limitation for PM is passed

7. Resumes premiership

8. Resumes consolidation of control removing all traces of separation of power

9. Make sure his son will succeed him as Leader of the country

10. Tie close contact with the Kim family in Pyong Yang and Assad in Damascus

yinglakchin.jpg

Ms. Yingluck Shinawatra

If she is anything like her brother I wonder if in the future we'll get to see her in Playboy's tribute to female despots. I'd buy the issue.

i go 4 Penthouse ......... count me in ... dude!!!!!!

i miss her brother's square face. Hum... i really do.

Edited by dunkin2012

- photo from years ago snipped -

i go 4 Penthouse ......... count me in ... dude!!!!!!

i miss her brother's square face. Hum... i really do.

In the Shinawatra tradition of in-your-face and over-the-top, if she appeared anywhere, it would be in Hustler.

How could Thailand elect the sister of a wanted man who is trying to rule Thailand for another country? If she is elected, what happens to Thaksin.

1. Returns to Thailand

2. Is exonerated of his conviction

3. Has still-pending charges squashed

4. Has his seized 43 Billion Baht returned to him

5. Has his banned-from-politics status lifted

6. Constitutional amendment removing 8 year limitation for PM is passed

7. Resumes premiership

8. Resumes consolidation of control removing all traces of separation of power

9. Make sure his son will succeed him as Leader of the country

10. Tie close contact with the Kim family in Pyong Yang and Assad in Damascus

I doubt Oak stands a chance in this race, 1st daughter is likely choice in this case.

I just think if he does try and come back and retake the reigns of power from behind lil sis or directly, he had better pay for seriously good security teams.

Margaret Thatcher, Angela Merkel, Golda Meir, Indirah Ghandi, Benazir Bhutto, Curazon Aquino.

Just a few.

But agrreing to the somewhat sexist implications, me too would be much distracted from a discussion with this lady.

This is a compliment to good looks ;)

Anyhow there is still this rumour that beauty and brains are not a good match :whistling:

The context of the comment that you just posted without the context was a reply to this post --

May god have mercy on our souls

No sexist implications. Just horror at the prospect of such a blatant Thaksin puppet gaining power. Sorry if you don't get the meaning of that.

Edited by Jingthing

It is predominantly black not exclusively black, and all schools have places for foreign students.

I'm wondering why she chose such a university to attend. Is she attracted to black guys? I wonder what she got up to in her spare time there.

The black aspect is irrelevant. Based on the standing of the school, it obviously means her qualifications for admission to a more elite school didn't exist. In the US, there are traditionally black colleges that indeed quite excellent, such as Emory and Howard.

I think that you mean Emory & Henry

Looks like Taksin is "all in" on this one and it certainly will make for a entertaining election. She has some pretty big obsticles to overcome, not the least of which are all the old dudes, stewing in their pots over being passed over.

In sailing we call this a "flyer" McCain did it with sarah palin and I expect that it will be about as successful.

I don't know why you lot are so negative.

Why wouldn't we want a high flying executive appointed simply because of family connections, whose acheivements to date in the corporate world can be summarised as 'pretty great but not exactly difficult' when enjoying the fruits of favourable government policy during the TRT years, or at best 'outstandingly averagely mediocre' during the post TRT years.

Couple that with zero political experience and a dream team supporting her including such fine upstanding figures as a fugitive criminal who refuses to acknowledge obvious guilt in multiple charges against him or even to respect the justice system enough to show up for multiple charges against him; as well as an outspoken loudmouth who happily supported his fugitive son when the son was accused of murder of a policeman, right up to the point that all witnesses seemed to not remember anything, and we have what can be described as the perfect prime minister and her advisors.

That's of course assuming we want:

- lots more ill thought out free stuff given to poor

- no economic policy

- idiotic infrastructure like building a huge reclaimed island for zero reason

- free rides for corrupt former PMs who just want to come home

- excellent rewrites of the constitution

- plurals added to everything; the Shinawatra family and others in TRT come from the english speakings schools of plurals. To prove their prowess in englishes, it is necessaries to pluralise many word whiches don'ts needs it, and also to leave off plural when they are neededs. I find this in itself the most compelling reasons to elect her; can't actually think of any other reason

Fact she is a woman should mean nothing.

Fact she is fairly inept and inexperienced and in Thaksin's pocket...maybe should mean something.

To use a sailing metaphor, she is the type of skipper who is given the fake steering wheel and a piece of rope, and told to sit down below while the real sailors take the boat around the course.

Edited by steveromagnino

Just a few.

<snip>

Angela Merkel? :cheesy:

I have been looking forward to more women in politics here for ages...but can't vote for this one as we all know we are not voting for a woman but the man behind her.

This, unfortunately, is true of every politician. The only people in power not dangling from pupport strings are despots. Regardless of which when you boil them all down you get the same thing at the bottom of the pot...crud!