ละก็

FireInTheSky

What is the meaning of ละก็ at the end of a sentence? Is it derived from the และก็ thing or is this completely different. I keep reading over this but never actually wondered why there is ละก็ at the end of a sentence or phrase.

I was thinking like: "and such" or something but I am not sure. Any help on this short problem? :)

Yeah, exactly what I thought but still, why would it be used to end a sentence or phrase

I will check for some examples soon and write them here (sometimes it just looks a little bit out of place really - at least for my simple farang mindset :P).

ก็ is a conjunction as you probably know it means 'because' , 'for the reason' etc.

Are you looking at two sentences which need joining" ?

Here are three examples of ก็ tagged on to the end.

มานั่งข้างหน้าซิ มองกระดานไม่เห้นก็ มานั่งช้างหน้าซิเพราะคุณเห็นกระดานไม่ได้ Come and sit in front you can't see the blackboard (commanding)

ถามห้วหน้าแน่ะ คุณอยากรู้ก็ You want to know, hey! ask the boss. (encouraging)

ให้เขาทำเถิอ เขาอาสาก็ Have him do it, he's volunteered. (a just instruction)

I am no grammarian the mood in brackets, are my opinion.

An example with ละก็ may give a totally different feeling, I don't know.

I meant ละก็ at the end as your examples are all pretty clear to me :)

I will check it out cause I have read it quite some time but this time when I stumple upon it I will make a note and post it here.

I know that และก็/แล้วก็ can be used to connect phrases (just like the word "and" does for us in English and, then, and then, and later) etc etc but sometimes it's like there is a phrase

that ends with ละก็ and then it just ends and it seems really out of place, hence my confusion.

I will write some examples down here as soon as I find them :) It could be something colloquial or maybe I was blind at that time and couldn't see the connection which is a real possibility too :) I will read a couple of books again until I find it :P