Retirement In Thailand

Since it is Christmas and we are being so kind.

How can we plan for a visa to retire in Thailand.......

Giving the below info would it be possible for the $ to lose 2 baht a year for the next 3 or 4 years. I do not think reading the article below that Thailand is looking to be dependant on the retiree to be it's main source of foreign currency.

PRIME Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said the baht is likely to continue to strengthen against the US’s dollar next year because of the steady strong expansion in the Thai economy and a huge influx of foreign capital into the country.

“I couldn’t tell you exactly at which range the baht should be in against the US dollar next year as it might be used by some as a benchmark. In principal, once the Thai economy improves, the baht is certain to be stronger,” Thaksin told reporters on the baht direction in 2004.

“Yet, a significant amount of foreign capital is likely to flow into the country next year. Despite that, we have to ensure the baht doesn’t go too strong as that could hurt the on-going expansion of the Thai economy,” said Thaksin.

The Ministry of Finance said the government will try to ensure the gain of the baht against the US’s dollar next year will not be higher than 38 baht.

“We have to manage it at a suitable range as too much managing of the baht against the US dollar could in turn make the baht too vulnerable to attacks by currency speculators,” said Thaksin.

Can anyone explain why the difference for each country and why not all the same?

Now that they have enough asian people wanting to stay, and with money, they

set the bar a bit higher for a visa or even keep it at the new 2004 rates.

Canada, Japan and USA 60,000 a month

European 50,000 a month at pre

Most asian countries around 40,000 baht and other such as Africa, Burma, Loas and Cambodia 20,000

This being the case and it is either buy the Elite Card or Maximum will be 1 or 2 60 day visas per year or at least 30 days out of country between reentries.

How many will this effect and how many will have wished they held off a couple years on retirement.

Oh My Bhuda I may be left in heaven. I bet they will even have huge discounts and some places may even have free beer night for farangs with resident permits ( then of course at this exchange there will not be as many farng tourist anyway).

Hypothetical but realistic ... Yes I know I am being unreasonable.