Rubber Trees

If any of y'all have sent yang to Malaysia via truck, what is the milage rate they charged you from where to where?

Prices are set in US $ unless you had a buyer who was manufacturing tires etc, then maybe, but you will be hit by the 5 Baht a kilo export tax.

Been approached by Chinese, Vietnamese and Malaysian buyers for factories. All want rubber delivered on letters of credit, they want between 20 and 100 tons a month. Not a problem to get an import export agent. Problem is you need the money up front to buy those amounts, ship and pay the taxes.

Even at 20 tons an month, say $3,000 US a ton, you are looking at a lot of cash out before you get a return.

If I had the cash I would go for it, have the license, but not likely to see that kind of money in my future. Jim

• Like 2

Been busy. We are down to .75 kilo per rai per day.But most people round here are still going.So are we untill the new seeds form ,then we will close.

As for the rubber prices..It's as simple as this ,as I've said many times.''It costs 100 million or something to get a good seat in gov here.Any fool that thinks they dont get that and more back after they are in is a dumbass.The gov is making big money at the expence of farmers,be it rice,coconut,palm oil ,rubber,or whatever.

Cheers and enjoy.

Cobbler

• Like 1

Guys, I rarely bother you with a post as I know sh*it about Rubber however, this was in the Stockbrokers morning news and thought it might interest you ...

Rubber Trades Near Two-Month Low on Chinese Stockpiles, PMI Data

[bloomberg]

Rubber declined for a fifth day and traded near a two-month low as stockpiles

increased in China, the largest consumer, and a survey showed the country’s

manufacturing may expand this month at a slower rate.

The contract for July delivery on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange fell as much as 0.8 percent to 294.6 yen a kilogram ($3,132 a metric ton), approaching the two-month low of 292.7 reached Feb. 21, and was at 295.9 yen at 10:52 a.m.

Futures have declined 2.2 percent this year.

The preliminary reading of a Purchasing Managers’ Index was 50.4 in

February, according to a statement from HSBC Holdings Plc and Markit Economics

today.

That compares with the 52.3 final reading for January and the 52.2 median

estimate of 11 analysts surveyed by Bloomberg News.

A number above 50 indicates expansion.

Inventories monitored by the Shanghai Futures Exchange rose

2,401 tons to 102,416 tons, the bourse said Feb. 22.

It was the highest level since March 2010.

>Guys, I rarely bother you with a post as I know sh*it about Rubber however, this was in the Stockbrokers morning news and thought it might interest you ...

[bloomberg]

The contract for July delivery on the Tokyo Commodity Exchange fell as much as 0.8 percent to 294.6 yen a kilogram ($3,132 a metric ton), approaching the two-month low of 292.7 reached Feb. 21, and was at 295.9 yen at 10:52 a.m.

today.

More doom and gloom! And I was thinking throwing another 9 mill into a bigger rubber farm. Hmmm? Any one see any long term forcasts?

Gregj

Hi Gregj

I have seen one simiolar to the longterm weather forcast. Also same value! None! :-) Willem

• Like 1

Guys, I rarely bother you with a post as I know sh*it about Rubber however, this was in the Stockbrokers morning news and thought it might interest you ...

[bloomberg]

today.

>Guys, I rarely bother you with a post as I know sh*it about Rubber however, this was in the Stockbrokers morning news and thought it might interest you ...

[bloomberg]

today.

It was the highest level since March

More doom and gloom! And I was thinking throwing another 9 mill into a bigger rubber farm. Hmmm? Any one see any long term forcasts?

Gregj

Hi Gregj

I have seen one simiolar to the longterm weather forcast. Also same value! None! :-) Willem

Greg,Depending on who and what your Mrs knows.Many ways to make money in Thailand.

Making money in THAI is not so much about how much you know (.Unless you have a degree and are happy to work for a school as a teacher. or somehing) but how much and who your Mrs knows.Just my observationsmile.png

Greg,Depending on who and what your Mrs knows.Many ways to make money in Thailand.

Hi Gregj

Gregj

Making money in THAI is not so much about how much you know (.Unless you have a degree and are happy to work for a school as a teacher. or somehing) but how much and who your Mrs knows.Just my observationsmile.png

Thanks. We already have a couple of farms and a hotel here but wanted to expand the rubber side. Just having second thoughts, thats all.

Hi Gregj

Gregj

Making money in THAI is not so much about how much you know (.Unless you have a degree and are happy to work for a school as a teacher. or somehing) but how much and who your Mrs knows.Just my observation:)

Thanks. We already have a couple of farms and a hotel here but wanted to expand the rubber side. Just having second thoughts, thats all.

Greg you are business wise and Thai wise, having met. I would be the first to take advise from you.

You know your onions. every thing is a chance, but I am sure you will weight the options and play the best cards you can. Rubber or not.

Come on back for a holiday. Jim

OK all you rubbery figures, jump over to the Isaan Forum and a topic called "Where's Jim?" Make some noise guys....

I hope it's not permanent IA. Jim is one of the most informative posters here.
  • Like 1

OK all you rubbery figures, jump over to the Isaan Forum and a topic called "Where's Jim?" Make some noise guys....

So do I. As a matter of interest the text from TV of the new topic was as follows:

Forum: Farming in Thailand Forum

Topic:

Removing Posts ( jamescollister -- 9 minutes ago)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622618-removing-posts/

After a member posted a truth, which I have confirmed be be true and Thaivisa

has deleted the post. Which will no doubt happen with this post, freedom of

speech is a right. Just because a murder and sociopath is a sponsor, is no

right to cover his acts.

Shame on Thai visa no better than the Chinese, censorship for money, I will not

be posting again if this is deleted. Jim

Edited by IsaanAussie
  • Like 2

How many people have tried to link to the message above? Guess what? ITS GONE!!!!

I did, about 10 minutes ago.

So what does that mean? Watch for the longevity of message #1752 on this page? But I suppose one must stay on topic so I suppose we should be talking about rubber trees and sap(s)?

Edited by IsaanAussie

Well, it happens from time to time where the moderators get annoyed at some rule that may have or may not have been broken. It's been a very good thread folks. Maybe the moderators will free Jim again and let us continue with this thread. (please) Happy tapping folks! We're all stopped til' end of May/when the trees are strong again.

I really hope some people here on Thai Visa show some solidarity with JIm.

Bye, before I get moderated away.

Sorry, but are you saying you wont be backing him? Well let me tell you I will. I freely admit that we all agreed to live by the rules of the forum. Jim is no different with the exception that he has made a tremendous contribution here with solid, proven and accurate advice that he has freely shared. Surely as this site is not a non-profit and it's commercial success depends on the traffic from the members, a quiet word first is more appropriate in this case.

Before anyone jumps all over me for saying that,no, all men are not created equal, and the world owes none of us a living.

I really hope some people here on Thai Visa show some solidarity with JIm.

Bye, before I get moderated away.

Sorry, but are you saying you wont be backing him? Well let me tell you I will. I freely admit that we all agreed to live by the rules of the forum. Jim is no different with the exception that he has made a tremendous contribution here with solid, proven and accurate advice that he has freely shared. Surely as this site is not a non-profit and it's commercial success depends on the traffic from the members, a quiet word first is more appropriate in this case.

Before anyone jumps all over me for saying that,no, all men are not created equal, and the world owes none of us a living.

I'm sure that whatever Jim did will be forgiven by the moderator(s) in due time.... They, for the most part, are fair. A warning can go a long way folks.

Well, it happens from time to time where the moderators get annoyed at some rule that may have or may not have been broken. It's been a very good thread folks. Maybe the moderators will free Jim again and let us continue with this thread. (please) Happy tapping folks! We're all stopped til' end of May/when the trees are strong again.

Our leaves are darkening, but our family are still at the husbands parents, or on the way back here. Hoping for a couple of weeks before the rains. We are getting the odd shower.

SB,

As always a cool head. In principle of course you are right. Hopefully I have lit a fuse with the membership and now I can wait til I hear Jim's side of the story. For me the issue is not the sin, whatever that maybe, but the value of the member to our fellow members. This site contains some valuable information to expats living here and is presented and maintained very professionally. There are clearly defined rules and a group of unpaid moderators to keep the peace. But, and there had to be one didn't there, a little private discussion on occassion could be exercised rather than automatic sanction as we are allliving in Thailand.

If anyone sees Jim at the Hash, pass on my best wishes. I've never met him, but he's always struck me as good bloke. I think Aussies and Yorkshire men have something in common. We don't suffer fools gladly. smile.png

So do I. As a matter of interest the text from TV of the new topic was as follows:

Forum: Farming in Thailand Forum

Topic:

Removing Posts ( jamescollister -- 9 minutes ago)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/622618-removing-posts/

After a member posted a truth, which I have confirmed be be true and Thaivisa

has deleted the post. Which will no doubt happen with this post, freedom of

speech is a right. Just because a murder and sociopath is a sponsor, is no

right to cover his acts.

Shame on Thai visa no better than the Chinese, censorship for money, I will not

be posting again if this is deleted. Jim

Jim

Mate be careful.They can find U if they want.If you already know this about the person,that should be a good enough sign to be careful.Anything can happen here,.

Cheers Cobbler

No rainfall in the past 3 month.... watering the 9 month old trees by hand every 2 weeks.....very dry in this part of Isaan (ubon) this year ....

Gwa

Well all - after making all the noises about how wet Trat can be - it has not not rained for 2 weeks!!!

I even managed to drain our bore and have to decamp untill it recovers in a coupla days.

Currently visiting friends in Korat, very dry and HOT up this way too so might try for Loas on Monday to see if it's cooler

Trees are now just gone dark green and should be cutting by this weekend but would be happier if we got a shower befor we start to aid production. I am leaving that desision up to my head hacker who is a gun hand on all thing Yang.

The rubber price discussions seem a bit gloomy but I recon Jim is correct - we are primary producers and as such any base commodity never falls too far from grace as it is required world wide so hang in there Guys, we'er here for the long haul so it will get better sooner rather than latter.

Chin up and Cheers to all

RubberPatch

• Like 1

No rainfall in the past 3 month.... watering the 9 month old trees by hand every 2 weeks.....very dry in this part of Isaan (ubon) this year ....

Gwa

Well all - after making all the noises about how wet Trat can be - it has not not rained for 2 weeks!!!

I even managed to drain our bore and have to decamp untill it recovers in a coupla days.

Currently visiting friends in Korat, very dry and HOT up this way too so might try for Loas on Monday to see if it's cooler

Trees are now just gone dark green and should be cutting by this weekend but would be happier if we got a shower befor we start to aid production. I am leaving that desision up to my head hacker who is a gun hand on all thing Yang.

The rubber price discussions seem a bit gloomy but I recon Jim is correct - we are primary producers and as such any base commodity never falls too far from grace as it is required world wide so hang in there Guys, we'er here for the long haul so it will get better sooner rather than latter.

Chin up and Cheers to all

RubberPatch

I had said it before on this thread somewhere.... "We're in this for the long haul, through thick and thin" or something like that.... Yes, I'm still confident that one can still make a decent coin even in low price time. Also, it is really advisable for rubber farm owners to contemplate owning 100 rai or more for a retirement fund. I have (through the missus yes, we're very cool....). In the interim, before all your 100++ rai comes on line and is producing GOOD latex, have another job to subsidize your lifestyle. And for all to heed, Ot Tone - be patient, follow the very wise guidelines on here ("open" the trees at 7 - 71/2 yrs. old, 50 cm girth at 1.15 meters up from ground level, etc.).

Our place is half way there.... our total (real) production will not see fruition til' 2017. I'll wait and continue working (ugh....)

Peace,

Scott

• Like 2

Hi again rubbery figures. It seems the differences talked about here over the last few days are not going to be resolved quickly. I believe my good mate has the builders back at his house and is installing some teak doors. You can find him there if needed. What was that Python expression? Oh yes, wink, wink, nudge, nudge....

• Like 2

Guys,

I have a
question about the impact to my trees when monsompilong (sp?) is planted with the trees.

I believe standard wisdom here is not use equipment, like a Kobota tractor, to till between the rows
of rubber trees. Unfortunately while I was out of the country my wifes family decided to do just that, tilled the land
between the rubber trees and planted monsompilong (sp?) Cutting the roots I
believe may impact rubber production when the trees mature. True or false?

structure may be damaged. The trees are in Isaan and just over 2 years old.

The Question; Should I remove the trees (about 500) and start over?

Thanks Fbrunhoff

Edited by fbrunhoff

Guys,

I have a

question about the impact to my trees when monsompilong (sp?) is planted with the trees.

I believe standard wisdom here is not use equipment, like a Kobota tractor, to till between the rows

of rubber trees. Unfortunately while I was out of the country my wifes family decided to do just that, tilled the land

between the rubber trees and planted monsompilong (sp?) Cutting the roots I

believe may impact rubber production when the trees mature. True or false?

structure may be damaged. The trees are in Isaan and just over 2 years old.

The Question; Should I remove the trees (about 500) and start over?

Thanks Fbrunhoff

Fbrun,

Cassava intercropping is fine, however, it should have been done by hand. Intercropping should be stopped before the rubber trees are 3 yrs. old. What is your spacing between the trees? You will actually have to assess the damage done yourself before making a final decision on re-planting. If it was me, I would wait for 2 more years before thinking about replanting. How many trees do you have? (another question before deciding...) And finally, are you relying on this income?

• Like 1