Rubber Trees

Money from gov(I.M.F.) to help coughbullshit rubber farmers has finnished so now we should get a price rise soon in the price of rubber soon.Factories were using the 100 baht per kilo promised by gov to rubber farmers as an excuse to keep prices low at time of buying coz they knew farmers had no choice .Also now it has come out on the Thai news that the Chinese have agreed to not less than 100 per kilo for the next 3 years.So thats good.very possible we will be back to the price rubber was before gov interfered with this promise of coughbullshit 100 baht per kilo .

Fingers crossed

That would be right, price will go up when my trees go dormant. Can't store the sheet, as can't make it. Had to go over to cup, not enough tappers to tap and make sheet, barely enough to just tap for cup.

Ah well it's Xmas and I will be drunk from tomorrow until the new year arrives. Jim

• Like 1

Well again, first shot to the local rubber yocals.

Wife has a 16 rai plot, consisting of 6 rai 3yr old trees, 1 rai 6mth old trees, 7 rai of what used to be and could again be rice land or rice and pond land, and about 2 rai with a metal rubber smoking shed and 6 rolling racks to hold 200 sheets each, 1 cinder block workers shed, 1 wood sleeping hut behind, 1 sit toilet in cinderblock outhouse with proper septic, a 30m bore hold and pump plus pressure pump (roofed) and dual water tanks. Land is on dirt road 1k from Ban Koksawang and 5k from SriTrang Rubberland factory, 16k from Buengkan in Buengkan province. No electric lines yet though she believes they're coming in a year as is supposedly the dirt road to become concrete. Maybe.

She would rather clear that asset and buy or build a house elsewhere with the proceeds. If anyone wants to buy it all, this is first dibs notice. It is sorporkor but she would provide a affidavit of non-interest and the original docs. Decent potential if you want to have small rubber + rice land + concentrate on processing latex to mat, and probably room for a house.

She's asking 3 mil but I'm sure could be open to offers (and as James Earl Jones said in 'Hunt for Red October', and I never said that a I was never here) ;) Land should appreciate as the village grows, and electric and concrete go there.

Wife has a 16 rai plot, consisting of 6 rai 3yr old trees, 1 rai 6mth old trees, 7 rai of what used to be and could again be rice land or rice and pond land, and about 2 rai with a metal rubber smoking shed and 6 rolling racks to hold 200 sheets each, 1 cinder block workers shed, 1 wood sleeping hut behind, 1 sit toilet in cinderblock outhouse with proper septic, a 30m bore hold and pump plus pressure pump (roofed) and dual water tanks. Land is on dirt road 1k from Ban Koksawang and 5k from SriTrang Rubberland factory, 16k from Buengkan in Buengkan province. No electric lines yet though she believes they're coming in a year as is supposedly the dirt road to become concrete. Maybe.

She would rather clear that asset and buy or build a house elsewhere with the proceeds. If anyone wants to buy it all, this is first dibs notice. It is sorporkor but she would provide a affidavit of non-interest and the original docs. Decent potential if you want to have small rubber + rice land + concentrate on processing latex to mat, and probably room for a house.

She's asking 3 mil but I'm sure could be open to offers (and as James Earl Jones said in 'Hunt for Red October', and I never said that a I was never here) wink.png Land should appreciate as the village grows, and electric and concrete go there.

Sorry to say I believe you have very little chance of selling that land, that type of title is crown or so I am lead to believe., usage only. can't be sold. You can pass it over to a family member, no buildings or homes allowed, farming land only.

If your wife can not find a family member to take over and maybe give you some money, you can lose control if you do not farm the land for 3 years.

It;s a use it or lose it title, best of luck, sometimes there are wheels within wheels and it may be that holding on till a charnote gets issued and it will one day, is a better idea. Jim

• Like 1

Disagree Jim,

you are correct in saying it "should" not be sold, but it is sold and has been for many, many years. Up here in the NE, 85% agricultural land is Sor Por Kor. There is very little other land title. Everyone has to buy and sell Sor Por Kor, and build houses on it, as that is what most of the papers are. One day, this country has got to sort it's land title deeds out, as it is a right mess. The NE will probably be the last in the line, which is usually the case regarding anything that comes from BKK. And why should people wait for that to happen? They've been waiting long enough already.

Mike.

Disagree Jim,

you are correct in saying it "should" not be sold, but it is sold and has been for many, many years. Up here in the NE, 85% agricultural land is Sor Por Kor. There is very little other land title. Everyone has to buy and sell Sor Por Kor, and build houses on it, as that is what most of the papers are. One day, this country has got to sort it's land title deeds out, as it is a right mess. The NE will probably be the last in the line, which is usually the case regarding anything that comes from BKK. And why should people wait for that to happen? They've been waiting long enough already.

Mike.

As you say land has been sold with these titles from day one, have some my self. Early this year was looking at a small bit of land, no family connection out side this area. Told sorry can't buy as we now have to register the transfer on computer.The definition of family is very elastic out here, but only stretches so far and think Glenn was looking for an outside buyer. Jim

Interesting. If this computer registration is enforced everywhere it is the sort of thing that could bring down the price of agricultural land significantly. It has got ridiculously expensive in places and is due a correction.

Earlier this year we had the borders of some Sor Por Kor land we bought about 5 years ago checked out by the land registry dept. The guy told us to be a bit careful as the land cannot really be legally ours and we had actully broken the law by buying it. Bit crazy really as we went with the poo yai ban to the tax office to put is in our name and pay the tax each year.

For a small "fee" he got hold of the original docs from the land registry so the original owner can no longer use them to get a bank loan. He also advised we get an agreement drawn up saying we have rented the land long term rather than bought it.

That could prove tricky now.

We had about 3 Rai Sor Por Kor, when we wanted to dispose of it, the previous owner wanted 10K or she would not sign. The missus offered her 5. The woman refused, so Sopha went to see the Kamnam, gave him 5K, problem solved.

We had about 3 Rai Sor Por Kor, when we wanted to dispose of it, the previous owner wanted 10K or she would not sign. The missus offered her 5. The woman refused, so Sopha went to see the Kamnam, gave him 5K, problem solved.

You were lucky.The previous owner could have claimed it back off you and nothing you could legally do..Good you got rid of it.

She's asking 3 mil but I'm sure could be open to offers (and as James Earl Jones said in 'Hunt for Red October', and I never said that a I was never here) wink.png Land should appreciate as the village grows, and electric and concrete go there.

Good luck selling it.Unless you get some dumass falang with a nobrainer for a missus to buy it.Even if you give a non disclosure bla bla .The person whom family name is on that paper will always be able to go to the gov office in that area and claim that land.If not them there children or parents or grandchildren.

20 k PER RAI.If you can get it.as it does not even have electric.I can see why you want to get rid of it,.Best of luck

• Like 1

You were lucky.The previous owner could have claimed it back off you and nothing you could legally do..Good you got rid of it.

I never liked it. Too far from home, but most of the land is like that around here. ie Sor Por Kor

There is no charnote land out my way, only charnote land is on the main road. Charnotes issued a few years ago, road widening. The survey guys never asked anyone for paper, just the alleged owner and the village head to verify. If there was any dispute, they told the parties to sort it out themselves and moved on. Jim

Leaves have started to brown in Ranong. About 3 weeks of the season left I think.

How's the rain down there.I hear there is a lot?

We only had 15MM last week but heard you had a lot more than that.We are still tapping 3 days and 1 day off coz ground nice and wet.Getting good yang.But think season will end about end of January.

We are going to hold our mats now till end of season as feel sure yang will go up,now that gov has finnished there coughbullsit helping the farmers 100 per kilo goughbullshit guaranteed price.Noticed on TV japan rubber price is floating at $300 to $302 per ton.so really this should maybe give us 95 to 100 baht per kilo after new year if Japans price does not drop.

We had 2 really heavy downpours during the night last week. Washed us out both times. It had been sunny during the day. rolleyes.gif

Here in Ubon no rain in the past month.

Give water to the 6 months old trees by hand, every 2 weeks.

Gwa

We had 2 really heavy downpours during the night last week. Washed us out both times. It had been sunny during the day. rolleyes.gif

Here in Ubon no rain in the past month.

Give water to the 6 months old trees by hand, every 2 weeks.

Gwa

Good idea.I hear it's gonna be a very long dry spell for you up there.

I'ts just started raining here now.in Bangsaphan.Cold at night too so geting good yang flow.Just need a bit of a price rise and all would be sweet

Leaves have started to brown in Ranong. About 3 weeks of the season left I think.

How's the rain down there.I hear there is a lot?

We only had 15MM last week but heard you had a lot more than that.We are still tapping 3 days and 1 day off coz ground nice and wet.Getting good yang.But think season will end about end of January.

We are going to hold our mats now till end of season as feel sure yang will go up,now that gov has finnished there coughbullsit helping the farmers 100 per kilo goughbullshit guaranteed price.Noticed on TV japan rubber price is floating at $300 to $302 per ton.so really this should maybe give us 95 to 100 baht per kilo after new year if Japans price does not drop.

hmm had a few days of blue skies and got burnt fixing stuff...now pissing down..off to mammas house tomorrow am....with a ton of pork, prawns,squid and whatnot .....for new years..then maybe Phuket for a swim....

......sold cup at gate yesterday 38 bt..wife went to market and bought me a 1.8 kilo great hunk of beef 300bt,box of Chang ,a bottle of 285 and two pair of real nice boxers at 39 bt ea...life's good..

oh yeah forgot ..there is a new pretty thing selling the most wonderful gooey chocolate brownies in the market now....yum 20bt but soo fricking good..lol

happy happy new years guys..still here and still breathin....smile.pngclap2.gif

Edited by David006
  • Like 1

Cobbler. I dont understand the relationship between the Japan price and the price here. If the Japanese ton is 1000 kilos and it goes for 300 dollars it would be about 10 baht per kilo, which is about 1/10th of the price hoped for here in Thailand.

Cobbler. I dont understand the relationship between the Japan price and the price here. If the Japanese ton is 1000 kilos and it goes for 300 dollars it would be about 10 baht per kilo, which is about 1/10th of the price hoped for here in Thailand.

Think you are missing a zero $3,000 a ton or about 90 Baht a kilo.

Think rubber prices are in the hands of the USA at the moment, have they made a deal or not. Going to be interesting either way. Jim

Think you are missing a zero $3,000 a ton or about 90 Baht a kilo.

Think rubber prices are in the hands of the USA at the moment, have they made a deal or not. Going to be interesting either way. Jim

Jim, Thanks for that! I have been following this blog with great interest as I am a "budding" rubber farmer. We have planted about 50 rai now and take a lot of the commenst into consideration when deciding the next step. Also here we have a lot of family advisors (non of them rubber farmers) telling us how to manage the young trees. For now they are taller then when we planted them, still green and we lost only about 100 of the 4900 planted, sofar!

Edited by wijar

We sold today.85 baht per kilo.So happy with that.Had 25 mm rain 3 days ago ,so happy with that.Yang supposed to go up next season ,so all is looking good for the future.will get another good sale of yang end of January or early feb .Maybe price will be 90 per kilo .Or maybe 100 ormaybe 75 per kilo.mae lew 555

• Like 1

100/4900 That in my opinion is bloody good going

Yes it is, but still a long dry spell to come, from memory I lost 10 to 25% of the trees in different plantations. Seen Thais lose the lot. Jim

Thanks Mosha! Jim, at this point in time we are only counting the dead trees, not "our chickens" (yet)! We have trees that are doing very well, but also some not so good as they are planted in an area where they had wet feet for a large part of their first 5 month. In March/April we will probably plant another 3000. Willem

Even though ours is on a steep hill, the water table is quite high. We get lots of rain, too much tbh. So once the 1st year was over we were ok. We lost 25% the 1st year, though that may have been down to the fools who planted them.

Just reading some commodity trading news, if you can believe any of these guys, but they say things are looking good for rubber next season. Some of the emerging economies are upping there rubber needs even if places like Japan see no growth.

Will be happy if the price stays over 100 Baht next season, may even be able to put some money in the bank. Jim

• Like 1