Rubber Trees

Economic Cabinet talks rubber price

BANGKOK, 25 July 2012 (NNT) - The Economic Cabinet on Wednesday discussed the rubber price situation in an effort to assist rubber farmers affected by the price drop.

Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives Natthawut Saikua said after the Economic Cabinet meeting at Government House that the Euro’s lowest value in 12 years and Spain’s increasing economic crisis had caused rubber prices in Thailand and foreign markets to drop by three baht. Mr. Natthawut assured that the ministry would continue with a project to develop farmer institutions in a bid to stabilize rubber price.

The deputy minister added that he had discussed with the governors of 47 provinces with rubber plantations about the project and requested their cooperation. He has also instructed the Department of Agricultural Extension and relevant units to further educate farmers about the project.

According to Mr. Natthawut, joint rubber measures between Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand are expected to be concluded within this week. w_l_top.gif

News ID: 255507250025 w_r_top.gif

btn_web-users_bg.gif Reporter : suwit

News Date : 25 July 2012

NNT

Politicians talk, this joint agreement was supposed to have been done years ago, that was why the 5 Baht a kilo tax was for. They can say what they want, but in the end it is the buyers and demand that sets the price. As for some deal with the Chinese, that's a Government deal and if private buyers are paying more I will sell to them and not to the Government.

On a much brighter note, went and got another 100 cups [big ones] took then to the plantation. While walking around looking at how full the cups where. Now if someone else posted this I would be thinking BS. , but a few of the 750 mil cups were almost full from the nights tap. That would mean over the season, I have a few trees that will put out around 20 kilos of solid sheet rubber. Seems too good to me so I will have to go and see if it is a once in awhile occurrence or a continuous high output from some trees. Made my day though. Jim

Good one James!! Did you have a LOOOONNNNNG rest period for the trees this year? We did and just started tapping again yesterday. Hope this rings true for our plantations!!!

Hey Scotbeve,what area of Chang Mai are you?

Our local yang price for mats is 83 baht per kilo

How about that 100 baht per kilo?Or was it just crap as my wife said it would be?

OOps oil up $4 per barrel

They forgot to say that's what THEY were going to get for your mats... once they bought them from you at a low-ball price.

• Like 1

Economic Cabinet talks rubber price

BANGKOK, 25 July 2012 (NNT) - The Economic Cabinet on Wednesday discussed the rubber price situation in an effort to assist rubber farmers affected by the price drop.

Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Cooperatives Natthawut Saikua said after the Economic Cabinet meeting at Government House that the Euro’s lowest value in 12 years and Spain’s increasing economic crisis had caused rubber prices in Thailand and foreign markets to drop by three baht. Mr. Natthawut assured that the ministry would continue with a project to develop farmer institutions in a bid to stabilize rubber price.

The deputy minister added that he had discussed with the governors of 47 provinces with rubber plantations about the project and requested their cooperation. He has also instructed the Department of Agricultural Extension and relevant units to further educate farmers about the project.

According to Mr. Natthawut, joint rubber measures between Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand are expected to be concluded within this week. w_l_top.gif

News ID: 255507250025 w_r_top.gif

btn_web-users_bg.gif Reporter : suwit

News Date : 25 July 2012

NNT

Politicians talk, this joint agreement was supposed to have been done years ago, that was why the 5 Baht a kilo tax was for. They can say what they want, but in the end it is the buyers and demand that sets the price. As for some deal with the Chinese, that's a Government deal and if private buyers are paying more I will sell to them and not to the Government.

On a much brighter note, went and got another 100 cups [big ones] took then to the plantation. While walking around looking at how full the cups where. Now if someone else posted this I would be thinking BS. , but a few of the 750 mil cups were almost full from the nights tap. That would mean over the season, I have a few trees that will put out around 20 kilos of solid sheet rubber. Seems too good to me so I will have to go and see if it is a once in awhile occurrence or a continuous high output from some trees. Made my day though. Jim

Good one James!! Did you have a LOOOONNNNNG rest period for the trees this year? We did and just started tapping again yesterday. Hope this rings true for our plantations!!!

Hey Scotbeve,what area of Chang Mai are you?

Hi Cobbler, our plantations are in Mae Ai (Ban Luang).

How about that 100 baht per kilo?Or was it just crap as my wife said it would be?

The 1,500,000,000 rubber budget is shoring up these prices. Expect a decent increase shortly.

The 1,500,000,000 rubber budget is shoring up these prices. Expect a decent increase shortly.

We live in hope, Scot,

• Like 1

Rubber down again yesterday and we are selling tomorrow. Bet the Chinese are not paying a 100 Baht, when they can go to the auction and buy at under 90 Baht.

Scot started tapping 13th of April, lucky the rains have been kind and not as many lost tapping days as last year, So output is up and rubber prices down, the wife will get a new car when output and rubber are up together. She had better get used to the old one. Jim

• Like 1

Just called the local middle man.80 baht per kilo for mats.OUCH Not surprised to see it in the 70s before the weekend.

Hey Scot I bet your place is beautiful.Can wqe drop in andf visit you 1 day?

Cheers Cobbler

Just called the local middle man.80 baht per kilo for mats.OUCH Not surprised to see it in the 70s before the weekend.

Hey Scot I bet your place is beautiful.Can we drop in and visit you 1 day?

Cheers Cobbler

At least we are getting some to tap. With 4m+ of rain last year, this year couldn't have been worse than last. I thought I'd got somewhere talking with my wife on intercropping, but it's like restarting at square 1 again, every time I broach the subject.

Hey Scot I bet your place is beautiful.Can we drop in and visit you 1 day?

Cheers Cobbler

Sopha say's it was 78 over here last week.

At least we are getting some to tap. With 4m+ of rain last year, this year couldn't have been worse than last. I thought I'd got somewhere talking with my wife on intercropping, but it's like restarting at square 1 again, every time I broach the subject.

Mate drop in and have a look at what we are doing.It might change her mind,or at least help

Cheers cobbler

Mate drop in and have a look at what we are doing.It might change her mind,or at least help

Cheers cobbler

I'll need a jemmy to drag her away from her card games. I'll make arrangements when the weather is more settled.

Cheers cobbler

I'll need a jemmy to drag her away from her card games. I'll make arrangements when the weather is more settled.

cheesy.gif Classic, any time

Cheers Cobbler

P.S. My wife had a good laugh.Also she asked ''WHAT COUNTRY YOU COME FROM ?

Edited by cobbler

Hi Everyone,

I m new to this forum.

I would appreciate any help in locating rubber nurseries in Southern Thailand (Songkhla, Hat Yai regions). I am trying to source for about 600K Rubber Budded Stumps for 2013.

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers

KWK

Hi Everyone,

I m new to this forum.

I would appreciate any help in locating rubber nurseries in Southern Thailand (Songkhla, Hat Yai regions). I am trying to source for about 600K Rubber Budded Stumps for 2013.

Cheers

KWK

Check your other topic.

Hi Everyone,

I m new to this forum.

Cheers

KWK

Check your other topic.

Hi If you look around the local area,for sure you'll see about 2,000,000 people selling exactly what you're looking for.

Cheers Cobbler

Newbie to this forum and finding it very informative reading it while currently working in UK and sending money to pay for the upkeep of the trees (and girlfriend!).

Have 45 Rai of rubber trees near Ban Dung (Issan) about 2 - 3 years from fruition.

I understand lots of factors involved and complicated, but what is the average yield per Rai (KG/Rai)?

The trees are the latest hybrids (not sure what type exactly) and we've been doing everything by the book so an approximate figure would be helpful.

Thanks

Mike

Newbie to this forum and finding it very informative reading it while currently working in UK and sending money to pay for the upkeep of the trees (and girlfriend!).

Have 45 Rai of rubber trees near Ban Dung (Issan) about 2 - 3 years from fruition.

I understand lots of factors involved and complicated, but what is the average yield per Rai (KG/Rai)?

The trees are the latest hybrids (not sure what type exactly) and we've been doing everything by the book so an approximate figure would be helpful.

Thanks

Mike

Welcome,and good luck.Like anything,you will have to accept the ups and downs.But your biggest asset is your GF.

Cheers Cobbler

PS Go the yang farmersclap2.gif

Rubber down again yesterday and we are selling tomorrow. Bet the Chinese are not paying a 100 Baht, when they can go to the auction and buy at under 90 Baht.

Scot started tapping 13th of April, lucky the rains have been kind and not as many lost tapping days as last year, So output is up and rubber prices down, the wife will get a new car when output and rubber are up together. She had better get used to the old one. Jim

Let us know what you get. The resident google box viewer has just said 75 Baht from Channel 7

Let us know what you get. The resident google box viewer has just said 75 Baht from Channel 7

May not sell sheet today, had a talk with the tappers about holding off. Wife's gone to a meeting with this rubber co op. Will wait till she gets back and make a decision.

Strange goings on, looked at rubberthai and some places are getting more for Sun dried then smoked sheet, but very little rubber sold.

Wife just phoned, sitting tight till next week, don't know if the price is going up or just talk from some know it all at the co op. Jim

Kee yang got nailed the past few days going from 80b/kg to 71b/kg and factory says going down more. Got lucky when wife 'locked' the price for 5 tons at 78b for the past 2 days and we unloaded promptly.

Two places I wanted to sell 2 tons of crepe to as a test on pricing, said they're not buying right now and to sit tight.

I sit.

Wife is getting tired of 2nd tiny puppy pooping in our room and she just carried it out of the house by its neck. This is not falangland.