Rubber Trees

Just back from the Government buy, we brought our rubber yesterday for today's sale,

Grade 3 sheet 72 Baht, They only buy up to grade 3, makes no difference it it's 1, 2 or 3 you get paid for 3.

Grade 4 67 Baht

Now as I have been there 2 days in a row, I only saw one seller get grade 3 and that was us, but only 200 kilos, Everyone one else was grade 4. Meaning the real price for sheet us only 67 Baht.

Can't believe anything I am being told at the moment about price.

Saw some of this hot air dried sheet being sold, Grade 4 again, So a new shed is on hold until I see someone getting the money in their hand.

Wife was on the phone to a rubber company down south somewhere, they say 100 Baht. They are just making up numbers to get you there and then it's grade 4 67 Baht again.

Jim

Jim this higher price is just for there mates.We sold yesterday 74 per kilo for mats.After we left the price just dropped to 73 per kilo.Kee yang was 40 baht per kilo.

We didn't wait for gov buyer as we feel sure our mats will not be accepted,and a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush..

I think you are doing the right thing not building the new shed.Even if you see somebody get the good price.I doesn't mean anything.They could be mates with the buyer.

Middle men are worried too.Only people sure to be making money right now is gov people.Wait a month and all will calm down a bit.

Well this mornings vow didn't last long. I took some Palm oil fruit tom the depot. Bloody idle Burma didn't sweep the truck out. I told the wife, 'I'm not selling there again." Then 30 mins ago, our Burma come and say, the depot is buying rubber, and paying 75 Baht. So I'm sent to sell.

It was actually RSS 73Baht, and Kee Yang 33. Keeps the beer flowing.

Edited by Mosha

How's everybody's yang flow this year.I know a lot of farms in the Prachuap kirrikhan area are closed or cutting 1 day and then 1 day off due to lack of rain.Also they had big bushfires very south ,so obviously no rain there.If it's the same all over the country ,why is the price shit,if not just because of politics?

I know they keep showing in Issan area on news its severe drought.Especially in Sisakat area close to Surin.

Cheers Cobbler

Edited by cobbler

1st cut about 30 mats, then down to 25. While the rains are here, and we get a dry period, we will tap up to 3 days before a rest. day/week

Abhisit is coming to La-Un next week, 28th. That could be interesting

Edited by Mosha

Issan is a a BIG area. The biggest by far in Thailand. Up here in the north (Udon, Nong Khai, Bung Khan) we've had shit loads of rain all season. Down south, Surin, Buriram etc, drought as you say, not enough rain. That's why most of the rubber is up here, and very little down there.

Mike.

Thanks for the imfo.

We are ok here on our 2 farms but still very up and down.30 kgs on each farm down to about 16,due to lack of rain.We are getting rain every week or less or more but not what we expect to get this time of year.

We have transplanted 1000 prick kee gnoo.and are hand watering them.Unheard of in the wet season.Should be able to plant and walk away.Have another 200 banana plants coming but feel nervous as it's not really wet enough for them either.So maybe have to hand water them also.Still got 2 weeks till they arrive.

Edited by cobbler

Hey Mosha,Just as a matter of interest.What's a rai of land worth down there in your area,if the paper is torbo 5 , also for chanort.?With rubber trees on it at cutting age or already being cut.Not if they are broke and really need money ,but just an average price.

Cheers Cobbler

P's' I have to go and dig 200 holes now ,we are getting 200 banana tree (small ) in beginning of September,.This gives me about 20 days to do it..My hands have blisters on blisters,Not to mention,I really got to eat more meat,.

A friend wants to sell, trees are between 8 and 5 years. 25 Rai either Tor bur 5 or Sor por kor 4. He went ballistic cos the wife turned down 1 million. They paid more than that. He's fed up, can't find an honest worker, and they are throwing more money at it than it gives. She bought about 5 tons of some organic feed, hoping to sell. From what I've seen of the harvest it's not that good except making the trees grow,

• Like 1

When we sell kee we consistently get 3 baht more per kilo than everyone else (that we know of). After they weigh us in they take a few out, place it on the ground and step on it. I guess it's the scientific way of determining DRC. :lol:

Does anyone know (or have any wild guesses) as to what the average (or assumed) DRC is for kee?

In other news, I have noticed that the neighbors are smoking sheets. After all this smoke v. Hot drying talk I'm kind of curious what they are doing. It is a bit away but I see they have a chimney. I will have to investigate. I'd like to make RSS too but I need to find out more about this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Thaivisa Connect App

Hey Mosha,Just as a matter of interest.What's a rai of land worth down there in your area,if the paper is torbo 5 , also for chanort.?With rubber trees on it at cutting age or already being cut.Not if they are broke and really need money ,but just an average price.

Cheers Cobbler

P's' I have to go and dig 200 holes now ,we are getting 200 banana tree (small ) in beginning of September,.This gives me about 20 days to do it..My hands have blisters on blisters,Not to mention,I really got to eat more meat,.

A friend wants to sell, trees are between 8 and 5 years. 25 Rai either Tor bur 5 or Sor por kor 4. He went ballistic cos the wife turned down 1 million. They paid more than that. He's fed up, can't find an honest worker, and they are throwing more money at it than it gives. She bought about 5 tons of some organic feed, hoping to sell. From what I've seen of the harvest it's not that good except making the trees grow,

Sounds cheap enough ,but big difference between torbor 5 and sopor ko 4.I wouldn't have the balls to touch sorpo ko 4.Because the family name on the paper can come back and claim it.I know it has different steps for sorpo ko but as a farang itys too dangerous for me.Thanks for the imfo anyway it's very interesting

kolo,

wife has been buying and selling kee for a few months now and we've learned a few things. A. factory quoted pricing is slightly flexible B. factory can 'lock' a price for X number of days for the seller C. freshly collected kee brought to be weight for sale is 52-55% drc, depends a bit on how many 'meat' (tappings) have been done before collecting as apparently 6-8 meat has sat in the cup on tree for significantly longer thus dried more. factory always says they like 7-8 meat rubber best. D. when we let rubber sit for 1 day on average it looses 10% in water weight. E. buying-selling kee is a crap shoot on pricing and unless you run multiple 10 ton trucks daily, I can't fathom how anyone makes money, wife sure isn't making much at all.

If you're considering mats, email or phone me if you may be looking for a machine, coag tins, drums.

kolo,

wife has been buying and selling kee for a few months now and we've learned a few things. A. factory quoted pricing is slightly flexible B. factory can 'lock' a price for X number of days for the seller C. freshly collected kee brought to be weight for sale is 52-55% drc, depends a bit on how many 'meat' (tappings) have been done before collecting as apparently 6-8 meat has sat in the cup on tree for significantly longer thus dried more. factory always says they like 7-8 meat rubber best. D. when we let rubber sit for 1 day on average it looses 10% in water weight. E. buying-selling kee is a crap shoot on pricing and unless you run multiple 10 ton trucks daily, I can't fathom how anyone makes money, wife sure isn't making much at all.

If you're considering mats, email or phone me if you may be looking for a machine, coag tins, drums.

Mat making machine??Are you going out of yang or just buying a new machine?how much is it.How old?

Can you put pics on.....Pweeeease

Edited by cobbler

Finally got some rain today. Not as much as I'd like but better than what we've got over the last week. Day before yesterday I watched the neighbor's lot get a nice raining. We barely got a sprinkle.

In regards to the neighbors that smoke, they have a huge lot. Large enough that the buyer comes to them to pick up. There is probably something in that that is making it worth their while.

Looking forward to your pictures Glen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Thaivisa Connect App

Go back a few pages to see what Jim is saying about smoking the rubber. wink.png

hi brother r u know harvest of rrim 3001 at thailand now ? the harvest can more then rrim 600 ?

Our trees are 251s however

A modern high latex clone, eg. (RRIT 251, RRIM 3001, JVP 80) should give 500 Kg latex / Rai average yield.

Traditional clones eg. (RRIM 600) should give 300 Kg / Rai average yield.

Edited by Mosha

Go back a few pages to see what Jim is saying about smoking the rubber. wink.png

hi brother r u know harvest of rrim 3001 at thailand now ? the harvest can more then rrim 600 ?

crazy.gif What the.Somebody wanna do an english translation on this????????????/

crazy.gif What the.Somebody wanna do an english translation on this????????????/

Leave my brother alone

• Like 1

And just for the fun of it as I've figured out how to upload files;

These are few shots of the very under-used rubber smoking shed

post-55380-0-38223700-1345897730_thumb.j

post-55380-0-39731100-1345897733_thumb.j

post-55380-0-51675300-1345897736_thumb.j

post-55380-0-31003000-1345897739_thumb.j

and this is of the cement block workers house, now fairly vacant after the worker was strickened with HepA+B and his yellow eyes looks like pee-law

post-55380-0-32999300-1345897742_thumb.j

and for the newbie that hasn't actually seen what kee-yang, cup rubber, poo (a local ausie said that's an ausi term, members may verify) looks like;

post-55380-0-99063900-1345897726_thumb.j

post-55380-0-03106800-1345897724_thumb.j