30 Days Notice To Land Ofice

I am interested in purchasing a property in Hua Hin and have been informed that it is necessary to give the Land Office 30days notice of the purchase. Having purchased a property in Hua Hin and Bangkok previously with this notice period I am not sure why it is necessary. Has there been a rule change, is this something specific to Hua Hin or is there some other reason?? :blink:

Hua Hin land office is extremely corrupt and sets its own rules.

Also has to do with the type of property title deed involved.

Thanks for the feedback,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In my orriginal post I meant to say that I have purchaseed two other propereties (One in Hua Hin) WITHOUT this 30day notice period. A local lawyer has expalained the notice period as being required because the previous transfer was on a Land Office contract but that seems to make little sense. Maybe the 30day notice period is simply their way of creating the right circumstance for an enevelope to speed up the process!!!

:o

Hua Hin land office is extremely corrupt and sets its own rules.

A pot calling the kettle black?

I do not see how a legitimate title transfer of a condo unit to a foreign buyer can be a victim of corruption. Landed property, on the other hand, is a question mark...:lol: Nominees?

There are entirely valid reasons why a 30 day notice may be required.

What's the property (land, condo, apartment, house, agricultural, commercial etc), what's the title grade, what exactly is the previous purported 'transfer' and are there any town and country planning issues?

The issues giving rise to the need for the notice this time should be of greater concern to the OP than none being suggested in his/her previous acquisitions.

(Even if there isn't the pot and kettle point is also good.)

Edited by thaiwanderer

There are entirely valid reasons why a 30 day notice may be required.

What's the property (land, condo, apartment, house, agricultural, commercial etc), what's the title grade, what exactly is the previous purported 'transfer' and are there any town and country planning issues?

The issues giving rise to the need for the notice this time should be of greater concern to the OP than none being suggested in his/her previous acquisitions.

(Even if there isn't the pot and kettle point is also good.)

When/ if land office requires 30 days notice, not the lawyer saying so, OP should indeed be interested in WHY such notice is needed.

a simple land deed transaction does not require 30 days notice in my experience, Chanote or NS3G, with or without building