Hotel In Bkk, Kids, Pool Etc

Nawtier

Any recommendations for not too expensive hotel in bangkok, preferably sukhumvit area for coupla nights.

Must have good pool with hopefully a great waterslide, not essential, but would be nice.

1 or 2 bed if not expensive, fold out bed and sofa fine etc.

We have stayed at plenty, most ok, some not great but looking for recommendations now for others.

Also good wifi would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Honey hotel Sukhumwit soi 19, tel 022530646/9, rooms from 800 Baht on (incl 1 breakfast), small pool but no waterslide. They have a restaurant and a few computers for public use, and there is a parking lot.

No thanks....I have a tiny amount of class

"Class?" Hmmm, how about the Federal there on Suk Soi 11, that's where the wife & I usually stay if we need to RON. I've even put up relatives and friends there when they're passing through. The place was upgraded a few years back.

Mac

The Windsor Suites on Suk Soi 20 has a nice pool for kids. It costs more than some quoted so far, but sometimes better prices come up on the agents' websites. The'Garden Wing' is cheaper than the main tower and still allows access to all the facilities.

Thanks...I'll check out Windsor.

My theory on hotels is that as I am paying for it, I like it to be nice and comy and modern....I like a good pool for the kids and internet for loading movies as my connection at home sucks....I and missus also like a good sauna.

I do not however like 5 star hotels, never stay in then as overpriced for a bed in my opinion. We usually are out all day, rarely ever eat in a hotel and only sleep there, so paying 4k and much more for a room is a complete waste IMHO.....

So, places like the Fed and Honey hotel do not cut the comfy and modern standards......but Marriot and Sheraton are a waste......so mid range is what I look for with the extra bits.