Former Massage Parlor Tycoon Chuwit Unveils His Party With Bull Terrier Logo

webfact

Chuwit unveils his party with Bull Terrier logo

By The Nation

30155223-01.jpg

Outspoken politician Chuwit Kamolvisit on Thursday brightened up the campaign by unveiling his party and picking a Bull Terrier logo to portray his fierce loyalty to the people. Chuwit named his party "Rak Prathet Thai" (Love Thailand).

"I volunteer to serve in the opposition in order to check on the government," he said, alluding to the fact that he was the only aspiring candidate to run on the opposition platform.

He set a modest goal of campaigning nationwide to proportionate votes for the party-list of 10 candidates, including himself.

He gained national prominence by his fortune amassed from running the country's largest massage parlour. He sold his business stakes after entering politics. In forming the party, he said his adult children contributed about Bt100 million to support his political aspirations.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-05-12

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuwit to Launch New Political Party

Former parlor massage business owner is set to launch the 'Rak Prathet Thai' Party, or 'To Love Thailand,' Party today with major policies focused on keeping the next administration in check.

Outspoken politician Chuwit Kamonwisit said his party, 'Rak Prathet Thai' will be officially introduced today at 11 A.M. at the Suan Chuwit Garden, Soi Sukhumvit 10, to compete in the upcoming poll.

He explained that the party's policies aim to look into the transparency of the next administration.

At the event, Chuwit will also be unveiling electoral posters and will showcase the 'Chan Rak Khun' or 'I Love You' slogan to restore reconciliation.

He said he will be the first candidate on the party-list, adding that he wants to be an MP again because he is confident about his oustanding performance in the past when he was voted to the 'Rising Star' of Parliament by the media in 2005, even though he was in office for only one year.

The 'Rak Prathet Thai' Party leader added that although he has been away from politics for a while, he insisted he has been following political news.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-05-12

footer_n.gif

For those who are ignorant of the different between Pit Bulls and English Bull Terriers, please go to this thread for a full explanation.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/244941-English-Bull-Terriers/

EBT's have a better tem

Massage parlours and pit bulls - classy!

LMAO! Agreed. I also love how bully breeds are illegal to bring into Thailand, yet he uses one to rep his party.

Wrong again.

It is an English Bull Terrier.

Please go to the thread I mentioned above for the correct information.

Uh, here's a bulletin for you: the dog pictured is NOT a pit bull terrier. It's an American Bull Terrier, and nothing like a pit bull.

Just saying...think Spuds McKenzie.

Oops, posted from my phone and just re-read my post. Meant to say that a pit bull is an American Bull Terrier (or Staffordshire Terrier). The pictured dog is, of course, an English Bull Terrier.

Even spells 'color' with an extra 'u' ...

Sorry.

Wrong again.

It is an English Bull Terrier.

Please go to the thread I mentioned above for the correct information.

Uh, here's a bulletin for you: the dog pictured is NOT a pit bull terrier. It's an American Bull Terrier, and nothing like a pit bull.

Just saying...think Spuds McKenzie.

And for those that have bad thigns to say about Pit Bull Terriers check with Cesar Milan that has a PACK of em and no problems

Owners are the guilty parties in ALL cases of unruly dogs be it a Pit Bull, Rottweiler or Chiuanua unfortunatley the ignorant blame the dog breed and not the owner.

DK

The pic is an English Bull Terrier

Oops, posted from my phone and just re-read my post. Meant to say that a pit bull is an American Bull Terrier (or Staffordshire Terrier). The pictured dog is, of course, an English Bull Terrier.

Sorry.

You should re-read this post as well, because the Staffordshire Terrier is not a pit bull, it's a Staffordshire (Bull) Terrier :whistling:

Or maybe just better to stop posting about breeds you clearly know nothing about.

Sorry.

You should re-read this post as well, because the Staffordshire Terrier is not a pit bull, it's a Staffordshire (Bull) Terrier :whistling:

Or maybe just better to stop posting about breeds you clearly know nothing about.

Yes man, a Pit Bull is not the same as a Staffy or a Bull Terrier... c'mon.

The man is a, ''Maverick.'' I admire his stance he actually gave life to the comment , ''The Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stirred a few hornets nests or two and he debunked more than one of the old stuffed animated political Dinosaurs that abounded, and still in Thailand

Edited by siampolee

Enough with the irrelevant dog drivel.

He's labelled as 'outspoken' but only lasted a year back in 2005. So who's t-shirt was he wearing back then? Or if that is too inflammatory, what party was he with? What was he speaking out about to be flagged a 'rising star'?

Just asking?

Massage parlours and pit bulls - classy!

LMAO! Agreed. I also love how bully breeds are illegal to bring into Thailand, yet he uses one to rep his party.

that doesn't mean that there aren't already bully breeders in thailand and they r legal! plus bull terrier from a reputable breeder r extremely family friendly and one of the most popular family dogs in the uk. u can check that on wikipedia.

Who cares about the breed of dog? Big deal. I remember this guy from a few years ago when he did an interview with the other paper. He laughed and said that if he every opened his "little black book" and released it to the press, and IF the press actually published it, most of the Parliament members would be forced to resign. The fact that he's still alive after that is the biggest surprise for me. hahahaha

The man is a, ''Maverick.'' I admire his stance he actually gave life to the comment , ''The Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Stirred a few hornets nests or two and he debunked more than one of the old stuffed animated political Dinosaurs that abounded, and still in Thailand

and Thai politics certainly needs all the debunking it can get...

more power to the man, and longmay he survive the various hitmen on motorcycles...

good clean entertainment (like one of his massages)

30155223-01.jpg3454940414_69d34b9399_m.jpg

"Got Ta Pick-a-Pocket or Two!"

Edited by Id68

Why do politicians think that political parties need to have 'love' (rak) in their name - does it make them more friendly / caring / or something. I guess there is just so much love in politics here in LOS