Book Swap

ableguy

Hi not sure if this is allowed on here but am looking for serious readers to swap books with, I have heard they hold meeting some where in town for book swaps( Hua Hin ) anyone got info . I have the following authers

Wilbur Smith x 4

Val McDearmil x3

Tom Clancy x2

Bill Bryson x4

Gerald Seymour x 5

Peter James x 2

Le Carre x5

Collen McCulloughx 4

plus many more, live in Thavorn Village and have transport, if PM me can make arrangements thanks

Book swap was held 2 weeks ago.

Dicks office bar on Soi 80 Hua Hin.

Lots of books and participants.

More like drop and grab what you want.

Than I'll give you this for this type of format.

They advertise on another forum.

Every few months.

Doc

Book swap was held 2 weeks ago.

Dicks office bar on Soi 80 Hua Hin.

Lots of books and participants.

More like drop and grab what you want.

Than I'll give you this for this type of format.

They advertise on another forum.

Every few months.

Doc

Many thanks for info I will drop in the bar and get more information.

Sort of related to this topic, there is a new foreign books store on Phetkasem on the west side between the tessabahn/police station corner (never can remember the name of that main road that leads to the train station) and Soi 80. It's on the corner of either a soi or an alley. I didn't notice it until this week, so I think it's new. Maybe you could barter/trade books with the owner? If needed, I can report back with a more detailed description of the location and a picture.

Sort of related to this topic, there is a new foreign books store on Phetkasem on the west side between the tessabahn/police station corner (never can remember the name of that main road that leads to the train station) and Soi 80. It's on the corner of either a soi or an alley. I didn't notice it until this week, so I think it's new. Maybe you could barter/trade books with the owner? If needed, I can report back with a more detailed description of the location and a picture.

Thanks again will check it out.

Thanks again will check it out.

Might be wrong but i think the place that has been mentioned is on the row of shops/resturants right opposite the Train Station, it's next door to the Visa Run place.

I'm pretty sure that they have extended as before i'm sure it was only a single unit but i went past the other day and noticed that it is now 2 units.

Might be wrong but i think the place that has been mentioned is on the row of shops/resturants right opposite the Train Station, it's next door to the Visa Run place.

I'm pretty sure that they have extended as before i'm sure it was only a single unit but i went past the other day and noticed that it is now 2 units.

That may be the place with the monthly book exchanges, I don't know. But, the place I mentioned -- a second place, which is actually a book store -- is located on Phetkasem Road, not opposite the train station.

I only mention this, since you quoted my post, and people might think this new book store is opposite the train station. It isn't. :)

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, the bookstore on Phetkasem Rd between Soi 78 and the tessabahn has a sign in the side window saying: "Hua Hin Book Exchange."

The name of the store is either "Blue and Yellow" or "Yellow and Blue." Guess what colors the store is. :)

If you fancy going further afield (nice drive), there is a bookshop on Paknampran beach in Pranburi (30KM south of Hua Hin) that buys/sells/trades books of all sorts. It's called Beachside Books and is just past the big resort Villa Maroc, and next to Jolyn's Bar.

You can find more info on the website through facebook (there is a website but not sure if I can post URL here). They serve good drinks too.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...